IGNORED

What's the latest games you've played on your Wii U?

Ransom

Played Darksiders: Warmastered Edition, and man, these God of War 'action' games are so cookie cutter. There's virtually no difference from one to the next. This one in particular is very similar to Dante's Inferno, but I loved that one. I don't see anything special about Darksiders. I don't think I'll finish it. The genre reminds me of the old days when all the beatemups were very similar, but I had alot of fun with those. Maybe I'm just sick of it all.

It's Zelda with God of War combat. It's awesome!

And it has a Portal™ dungeon!

Paper Mario Color Splash - I like the game but fuck "Sniffit or Whiffit". It's completely unfair and it grinds the game to a halt so much that I've just about lost interest.

The idea was cute, but the fact that you have to win it was annoying.

My two biggest dislikes were:

1. Roshambo championships - There's absolutely no strategy here in the later temples, you just have to guess correctly three times or you lose. WTF? I know these aren't required to beat the game except for the 100% completion, but it was still a dumb idea.

2. Those specialty cards that were 100% required to beat the boss or it was an instant game over. No warning, generally no hints, just hope you have it and know to use it or boom you're dead.

• 3 months later...

I'm having a blast with Shantae - Pirates Curse. What a wonderful series this is, getting better with each new game! :D

I have this but haven't opened it to start playing it yet. Same with Darksiders...

Still holding out hope that Axiom Verge will get a WiiU physical release...but..ehh..

I have Pirate's Curse on the 3DS, but I still have to beat Risky's Revenge first!

Last game I played was BotW, Saturday or Sunday. I'm almost done with the DLC, I just need to complete the Master Quest and the final dungeon.

Still holding out hope that Axiom Verge will get a WiiU physical release...but..ehh..

I gave up when they had the digital copy in with the Christmas sale. Really cool game, I like how there's weird glitches that are actually part of the game. </spoilers?>

I have Pirate's Curse on the 3DS, but I still have to beat Risky's Revenge first!

If I may, I'd like to suggest to play the directors cut, which adds a map to Risky's Revenge. As minimal a feature as it seems, it made a major difference for me :)

BTW: I recently preordered this Half Genie Hero disc for PS4, which is coming out this spring (not sure if this is exclusive to Europe): https://www.amazon.de/Shantae-Genie-Ultimate-Standard-PlayStation/dp/B077TCGC4R/ :D

I have the original DSi version, and it already has a map in it.

Hm... what was it then... I thought navigation got a lot easier in DC. Only info I find online is that the warp system is no longer pair-locked, but I thought it was more.

Well, maybe I just didn't figure out that one could switch from the item screen to the map display back then :D

• 6 months later...

Tonight I played some Advance Wars 2, Earthbound, And Wind Waker. I sold my Switch and purchased 10 games and the Wii U with a pro controller for the same price as the Switch. I also really like the Virtual Console. I’m so glad the Wii U was a failure and all of the games have been ported to the Switch! It’s like a Christmas holiday to be able to purchase Nintendo exclusives for so cheap!

I couldn't beat that last bonus level, that disappearing floor section is insane.

I should have said "beat the main game...got our rears waxed on those bonus levels".

Individually it's hard but with another player that was 7 and definitely has a mind of their own makes getting anywhere on those levels near impossible.

Then we go back to World 1 and do those levels over again....

I know going back to it my 3D skillz suck Goomba turds. I was making Toad wander like a near-sighted drunken sailor.

• Like 1

I like Breath of the Wild, but I want all of the other Zelda games as well on my gamepad.

Yeah, having BotW on gamepad would be nice, but I don't think it's ever going to happen.

Not unless hackers can figure out how to get those features back in, anyway.

Shame that Nintendo had to Nerf the game a little, just so that the Switch version wouldn't be inferior, but it's also nice to play it with the Pro Controller.

• Like 1

My daughter and I unearthed Super Mario 3D World yesterday. She forgot we beat it!

Somehow the Wii U feels retro to me already. I think it’s the virtual console. I played 3d World all the way through again recently with my 3 kids. That was a great game. I enjoyed it much more than Mario Odyssey. I think it’s the Multiplayer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would say that the latest game I've played on my Wii-U lately was to play wipe the dust off the Wii-U gamepad and Wii-U pro controller....LOL. My PS4 is sadly starting to suffer the same fate...hell all of my modern consoles are as I've been more into playing older games on my older consoles last few months.

• Like 1