IGNORED

;)

Heaven/TQA

It's entirely possible the game is finished and does function.

The likelihood of that diminishes with everything Pete does and says. Now we know he's more than happy to give the Amiga version a play-by-play page of its development:

http://www.rpcgames.com.au/Centron3D_Amiga.html

So he's not so secretive after all when there's something to show. Plus, he knows that a simple YouTube video of gameplay would put us all in our place, and yet there's nothing but more whining and threats.

• Like 1

The law was written to protect people, however in this case I don't believe that law applies to the situation.

Yeah, I have my suspicions that cyberbullying laws and companies probably don't mix as such. If that were the case, then Steve Ballmer, God bless him, would probably have a case against a good quarter of internet users, eh?

I kid, but think of all the abuse heaped on the agents of any given software company out there. And as far as I know, no one is subscribing Pete/Steve/Whomever Else to pr0n email lists or threatening families or anything like that. This seems to be a pretty strict lampooning of what seems to me to be a silly business practice. You've really developed this software and you're not going to try to make whatever money you'll make on it...because you're personally affronted? Okay...but that's not a good way to run a business.

This project only knows losers, and every word spent is one word too much.

So here is the childish respond: I told you so!

Sorry for that

Yeah, I'm pissed because I originally thought people were harassing Pete before they had good reason to. By the time I watched his schizophrenic meltdown I really felt like a sucker.

Obviously Pete's a devoted computer enthusiast and he has some abilities that could be put to good use, but he's also got an ego problem and needs to be the center of attention. He was always welcome to be a member of the community, but he rolled into town like a snake oil salesman and now he's trying to clean up the mess with threats.

You know, it doesn't get said enough but I am in awe of the talent here on AtariAge. The smartest people here don't make a big fuss over themselves but just continue to share their labors with the community. I wish I could take a group of you back to the '80s and blow some people's minds!

• Like 1

I love the sheer amount of talent on this forum, as well. :)

As for Pete, He _immediately_ tripped my bullshit detector. I've had many...many years of dealing with people whose egos loved to write cheques that their bodies couldn't cash.

All it takes, is one personal experience to be conned out of tons of money, to learn this lesson. Unfortunately, as happens, one keeps running into these people...

I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, so I started asking him things...Things that any programmer coming up with a brand new graphics mode from scratch, would know...like, What's the difference between an RTS and an RTI, with regards to the program counter and the stack? ... He deflected, question after question...so I called him out on it...and the meltdown ensued.

I have no patience, for people who just want their egos sucked like certain other parts of their body. It does nothing positive for the community, and it puts another brick of doubt up on the god damned wall, now we'll be a bit more skeptical when somebody says they're working on a game.

The saddest thing is, he lacks the integrity to own up to it, like a man should.

-Thom

• Like 1

His latest video is called Amiga1200 Test with 68030 / 40Mhz at FULL SPEED. Delays OFF.

You would think it would be completely unplayable, but surprisingly not...

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I would advice that he uses the VBL check to at least make it same speed on 68k and 680x0... and it seems that the gameplay is really what we see???? can not believe that he only uses 1/4 of the screen for a game that's task is to avoid or collect stuff from above... like Kaboom... would be the same that you had a big Kaboom logo and using only 30% of the screen for falling bombs... aehm...

but at least he pulled of something on Amiga...

so... I am nearly 99% sure that except for the sprite test he has done... no full game exists on A8... and me know how not to release games :D even they are 90% finished... because the last 10% are the most hardest ;)

I even suspect that on A8 soft sprite routine was not fast enough... when watching how many "bobs" are running across the screen. But the B-movie style on Amiga... puh... hard to judge... ;)

Edited by Heaven/TQA

Since I was invited to share this unintentional validation of my original point of view, here it is:

@Flashyjazzcrap:

To tell you the truth, I was going to release it next week but you guys have now changed all that.

Congratulations for ruining it again for all the Atari 8-bitters in the world. We have many orders on hold and

because of you and your mouth against us these orders will not be fulfilled and we are letting people

all over the world know who is the cause of it all.

Pete

Manager

:D

My reply:

I know these orders never existed, but if they had, you would have done those people a huge favor. :)

The extra speed just accentuates how primitive the whole thing is.

Make the graphics flicker and use 4 times the pixel size and you'd swear it's a 2600 game.

Oh crap.. Pete's on the phone with the offices of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe as we speak....

• Like 1

I had a private conversation going on with a prominent member of the community concerning RPC and Centron3D when the first thread on the subject was active. I guess I kept it private because I felt sorry for the guy and was enjoying the levity too much to get all heavy with technical analysis and whatnot. But since this dude has gone from whining and abandonment to threats, he gets no more consideration from me. Now, for general consumption, a recap of predictions and professional analysis. I am only offering my posts, since said prominent member may wish to remain anonymous.

Sent Sun Jul 6, 2014 2:55 PM

I foresee an upcoming post that will go something like, "Due to all the insults and harassment that the community has heaped on us undeservedly, when we were only trying to bring something fine into your miserable lives, we have decided not to release Centron 3D." Just getting it on record. =)

Sent Sun Jul 6, 2014 9:15 PM

Wow. I nailed that one.

Sent Mon Jul 7, 2014 4:25 AM

"If it was up to me I would have burnt the Master Copy of Centron 3D and told you all to get stuffed but that's me." And now the door is open for the grand finale. I've "burnt" the "Master Copy". Goodbye cruel world.

Sent Mon Jul 7, 2014 11:01 AM

So I ran all of "Steve" and "Pete's" posts through a natural language analysis engine that we use in IT security to identify individuals across multiple anonymous content submissions and the results were truly odd. On five (5) of eight ( 8 ) passes, "they" come back as one person. On the other three (3), the results are "inconclusive". The markers supporting single person are strong; particularly "[sPACE] . [sPACE]" for sentence punctuation and misuse of "their" for "there". "Steve" however, individualizes strongly on the phrase "you guys", where "Pete" does not. Several flags for deliberate identity obscurement were triggered, but there were also strong pointers to genuine empathy and disassociation. Disposition markers were all over the place; moving between "passive/positive" and "aggressive/negative" in some of the shortest spans I've ever seen. Granted, the available material was limited; about half of the recognized precedent for evidence. The patterns, however are not what you'd expect from insufficient input. The analysis suggests three (3) possibilities. The first is "multiple individual non-conspirators". At these empathy and unified identity levels, it would be identical twin contemporaries or, at least, cohabitant same-sex siblings. Next is "single individual non-conspirator". This is the troubling one. It points to a true multiple-personality schizophrenic. Finally, and the answer we are usually looking for and do find, "single individual conspirator". This is one person willfully presenting himself as multiple individuals.

Sent Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:04 AM

It won't be long now. I'm guessing they/he will make the announcement this weekend. "Pete" will decide to bury the game; sometime this weekend I'm guessing.

Edited by pixelmischief

Wow pixelmischief, all you need is some evidence of attention-grabbing self-harm like a BS suicide attempt or two and you have made a clear diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. Do you work in the mental health field?

True "multiple personality" cases are very rare but folks pretending to be more than one person online to feed delusions of grandeur is pretty common. I don't think the guy is really schizophrenic. Borderline Personality Disorder is close enough though. This guy clearly either got far too much or far too little attention from his parents as a kid. Far too much and he expects the same attention he got as a kid from the rest of the world, even if he has to be full of shit to get it. Far too little and he craves any attention he can get.

And no one is going to burn the master copy of something they worked hard on. Maybe choose not to release it but not burn it. This is simply more attention grabbing. This game doesn't exist and probably never will.

Seriously, I'll buy a copy of the vaporware and even apologize if he posts a photo of some prescriptions for some Seroquel or something. Dude needs it.

Do you work in the mental health field?

No, I work in IT; mostly developing tools and automation for corporate cloud and infrastructure deployment. But alot of my work over the years has been in IT Security for Wall Street banks, brokerages, and hedge funds. The system I used to perform the analysis in my previous post is used most often in finance to identify one or more parties engaging in what is know as "Pump and Dump".

For the uninitiated, "Pump and Dump" is an illegal securities trading practice in which one or more parties conspires to create the illusion that a particular stock will gain value in the near future by flooding the market with artificial and often untrue news about it. This causes speculators to buy it, thus driving up the price. Then, the originators of the "Pump" sell eveything they have in the secutiy; called the "Dump". The value plummets and the buyers are left with a bunch of worthless material they overpaid for.

Anyway, the language analysis system is designed to identify individuals using multiple identities to create the appearance that many investors are communicating when it may only be one or a few. In cases where there are multiple conspirators, the system can identify patterns of familiarity between posters. When Pete/Steve is run through the system, the rsults are, as you put it, "borderline personality disorder".

Got to agree, all the evidence points to it being one person. FFS, if you want to fake an employee, at least create another user account.

Same punctuation and poor sentence construction. Same pointless use of the Enter key instead of letting the line wrap.

Same spelling errors. A common mistake you see on the net is people using "there" instead of "their" or "they're" but both these guys have the much rarer "their" instead of "there".

The whole episode points to "Wannabee Syndrome" - wouldn't surprise me if he goes through the same thing with his musical endeavours as well.

Got to admit though, the post where Steve hears him on the phone to the solicitor - ROFL material.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 1

Ah, I work in IT as well but not doing anything near as interesting. I oversee IT operations for about 28 retail sites, HQ and an ethanol plant. We also distribute fuel to about 25 dealers as well. Security is one of my primary focuses and a serious challenge in this industry as well for differing reasons.

My wife is taking Abnormal Psychology this semester.... she barely needs to crack open the book because she gets to deal with me and my 17-yr-old daughter every day.... I wish I was kidding. :-)

Just observing Peve's posts, BPD definitely fits. Tendencies toward self-harm or threatening self harm would basically seal the deal LOL What an attention whore.

The extra speed just accentuates how primitive the whole thing is.

Make the graphics flicker and use 4 times the pixel size and you'd swear it's a 2600 game.

Looks like a piss poor upside clone of Kaboom.

I had a private conversation going on with a prominent member of the community concerning RPC and Centron3D when the first thread on the subject was active.

Indeed: it's been clear to us since July 7 that Pete and Steve are one and the same. It's interesting that we both performed a similar study of the posts on the same hour of that day (although I by less technical means): http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226832-centron-3d-official-web-page-completed-info-pics/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3026563.

• Like 1

Tendencies toward self-harm or threatening self harm would basically seal the deal LOL What an attention whore.

But don't you see it? He already HAS threatened self-harm in the form of throwing away what he claims to be a great deal of very hard work on the Atari 8 version of Centron 3D. Destruction of personal property is the first level of self-punishment.

Personally, I think the deal was sealed on multiple personality disorder when dude posted his "Me, me, and me" music video. It would have been creepy even without any prior contact with the guy. Crazy just ain't got no boundaries.

Edited by pixelmischief

Indeed: it's been clear to us since July 7 that Pete and Steve are one and the same. It's interesting that we both performed a similar study of the posts on the same hour of that day (although I by less technical means): http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226832-centron-3d-official-web-page-completed-info-pics/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3026563.

[ENTER PROMINENT MEMBER]

Personally, I think the deal was sealed on multiple personality disorder when dude posted his "Me, me, and me" music video. It would have been creepy without any prior contact with the guy. Crazy just ain't got no boundaries.

Hey.... I was going to do a me, me, me and me music video.... but it was going to be original music and all the "mes" probably wouldn't be on the screen at the same time.... more of a "making of" kinda thing showing different phases of production for the song just to have some video content.

He doesn't have real MPD, he doesn't truly believe he is Steve and Pete. He just wants to give the illusion that he's not some loser doing it all by himself and that other people believe in him and his ideas. BPD fits better. Either way, the guy ain't right LOL

He doesn't have real MPD, he doesn't truly believe he is Steve and Pete. He just wants to give the illusion that he's not some loser doing it all by himself and that other people believe in him and his ideas. BPD fits better. Either way, the guy ain't right LOL

Yup. All of that just about covers it. Sad really.