IGNORED

Air Raid Flipper Breaks Even

boxpressed

Sounds like now's the time to buy.

:)

That would only make sense if you expect the price to go up again. I do not. Air Raid will be flipped until the price has come down to the point where it is actually worth that much to collectors, which will be in the $500 - $1,000 range. At that point collectors will keep them and the number of sales will go down. As long as there are multiple sales per year the price will go down.

• 2 weeks later...

There is so much mystery surrounding Air Raid and its company Men-A-Vision, and also the supposedly real boxes. I talked to someone selling had a loose cart a couple of years back. He said he had it since it was new, and that was not the box he remembers as a kid.

Edited by Zap!

There is so much mystery surrounding Air Raid and its company Men-A-Vision, and also the supposedly real boxes. I talked to someone selling had a loose cart a couple of years back. He said he had it since it was new, and that was not the box he remembers as a kid.

Some kids do drugs before they know better, then they don't remember jack shit later, or make up stories in their heads. :P

Air_Raid.jpg

Some kids do drugs before they know better, then they don't remember jack shit later, or make up stories in their heads. :P

It's possible, but the letters section in the issue of The 2600 Connection (number 8 from 1991 or 1992) also raises eyebrows where a guy says it opens like a book.

Edited by Zap!

Really? The lengthy topics on it indicate that it was vetted by some pretty heavy duty Atari experts. BTW, there's more than one boxed copy.

Yeah, call me a skeptic but in today's world where boxes can be made that look 100% authentic to the original I really have trouble trusting high value items such as that as authentic. The money lure is simply too great to ignore. When I see a letter such as the one above from the early days of collecting where collecting for money wasn't the all encompassing thing it is today then I have to consider that the "real" box may have actually been a gatefold. Not a big deal to me either way as I'll never have a copy in my collection. Just stating an opinion.