IGNORED

Flash Cartridges and OSS (Basic XL/XE)

Isonium

I can only afford to go one route [for now] and it seems like THE!CART was my best option, with a 5 pack of AtariMax Cartridges coming in second place. Having 5 carts (with lower capacity) was tempting, but native OSS091 support of THE!CART pushed it into first place. I guess I could have just got 1 MaxFlash cart, but I felt like I would be reflashing it a lot.

Thank you everyone, all your input was value to me and it's sure nice talking to people who understand (because my wife sure doesn't...)

I agree, Atarimax Carts are great, but THE!CART can hold and run 128 of them. The MyIDE 2 is also anther type of cart to consider to purchase in the future. I assume you received an email on purchasing THE!CART.

• Like 1

So if you turn the computer on and you see a menu, they are OK, if not, they are not. Testing is that simple.

Mine seems to be ok. After a strong blow into the cartridge port it works fine. Btw, there's no menu; it boots straight to the OSS program selected with the push button and 'display'.

Isonium,

Let us know your experience with "The!Cart", good or bad.

JAC! just updated the software for it. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215811-thecart-new-128mb-flash-cartridge/page-14?do=findComment&comment=3070561

He added support for the HomeSoft disks and other features. http://www.mushca.com/f/atari

"405 disk images with 2477 games have been added successfully and appeared correctly in the extended menu."

The whole HomeSoft disk archive can now be put on "The!Cart" and searched with JAC!'s software.

Isonium,

Let us know your experience with "The!Cart", good or bad.

JAC! just updated the software for it. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/215811-thecart-new-128mb-flash-cartridge/page-14?do=findComment&comment=3070561

He added support for the HomeSoft disks and other features. http://www.mushca.com/f/atari

"405 disk images with 2477 games have been added successfully and appeared correctly in the extended menu."

The whole HomeSoft disk archive can now be put on "The!Cart" and searched with JAC!'s software.

I will definitely let you know how it goes. I tested that the cart works, but I have not flashed it yet.

I got really busy, so I didn't get to play with it yet, but this week I will. Unfortunately life is messing up my play time!

• 7 years later...
On 8/26/2014 at 1:39 PM, slx said:
On 8/25/2014 at 11:35 PM, Mathy said:

Hello guys

The cartridges Santosp makes, were designed by BigBen, who isn't making them anymore. Bigben's batch was good, Santosp's first batch was good. At the Fujiama 2014 we found out, at least five cartridges of the second/latest batch didn't work. They weren't recognized by the computer, couldn't even be erased. I've returned mine. Word has it, Santos and the guy who organized the group buy used cheaper parts.

Sincerely

Mathy

OK, so I'll better test mine thoroughly.

Coincidentally, after almost 7 years, I came across this thread. ?

I have to write the following lines, mainly because somehow Mathy was confused, and he seems to have confused slx as well. 

Wrongly seems to be referring from Mathy that this particular cartridge was designed by Big Ben.

In fact the new OSS 5 in 1  cartridge was designed by me, (microcontroller program + pcb design) and the PLD logic by tf_hh -Juergen- member here.

This cartridge have never ever had a problem. If I remember right I sold almost 80 - 100 cartridges in two batches.

As for now the cartridge that Mathy refers to, which was actually designed (PLD logic only) by Big Ben, there was indeed a problem in a particular batch.

This, of course, has nothing to do with "used cheaper parts" as he claims, but in some defective batch of static memories, which were purchased  from the same supplier like for the previous cartridges.

The strange thing is that during the test before they left here they worked properly at least one time. ?

Anyway, as many as that had a problem was returned to me, and after these was repaired, it was sent back to the member who had arranged the group purchase.

Edited by santosp
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 11:09 AM, santosp said:

Coincidentally, after almost 7 years, I came across this thread. ?

I have to write the following lines, mainly because somehow Mathy was confused, and he seems to have confused slx as well. 

Wrongly seems to be referring from Mathy that this particular cartridge was designed by Big Ben.

In fact the new OSS 5 in 1  cartridge was designed by me, (microcontroller program + pcb design) and the PLD logic by tf_hh -Juergen- member here.

This cartridge have never ever had a problem. If I remember right I sold almost 80 - 100 cartridges in two batches.

I can attest to the great quality of @santosp‘s OSS 5-in-1 cart. My son had it up and running nonstop for months and never had any problems. It‘s a great and clever piece of kit.

• Like 2