IGNORED

Burning 64K Cart EPROMs

coolio

So I have built myself a 64k Jon Guidry cart (well, three), I have 27c512 EPROMs and an EPROM burner, I've downloaded all of the TI 99/4a software tittles from the Internet Archive ( located here ), and now I have realized I am missing one critical piece of information: what to do next. How do I build the data file that get's burned into the cart's EPROM?

Sorry if this is already recorded somewhere, my searching could not find it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by coolio

The 64k Jon Guidry carts do not work with any games/utils that use Groms, so a lot of games are not possible, like Alpiner and Tunnels of doom.

There are a lot of games that are available in .dsk format, which is why I bought a nanoPEB, but that is another topic.

You need bin files for the eprom, I have a Willem Clone that programs various sizes.

New titles like Arcturus, Roadhunt, Pitfall, TIscramble, TItanium, and many utilities can be burned to an eprom.

http://www.hexbus.com/TI-99_4A_Home_Computer_Page/Downloads_and_Links.html

The Atari titles will work off an eprom, but to load numerous files onto one eprom You need a loader for titles higher than 8kb, or a way of switching them like a dipswitch.

Tursi has menu software that works with 8kb files, but as far as I am aware will not work with titles higher than 8kb.

• Like 1

Thanks!

The Atari titles will work off an eprom, but to load numerous files onto one eprom You need a loader for titles higher than 8kb, or a way of switching them like a dipswitch.

Tursi has menu software that works with 8kb files, but as far as I am aware will not work with titles higher than 8kb.

Forgive my noob-ness here ... I see that some Atari titles has two .bin files. For example, Ms. Pacman has MSPACC.BIN and MSPACD.BIN files, both 8K. How would I burn these? Would I concatenate the files and burn to a 16K EPROM? Or do these need a board other than the 64k Jon Guidry cart?

I'm not that far off a Noob myself.

You have to go to a command prompt on Your PC, navigate to the files location. Hope You are familiar with Dos commands.

when You are in the right location, do this

copy /b rom1.bin+rom2.bin combined.bin

The resultant file should be the exact sum of the individual files. Give the combined file whatever name You wish.

Thanks!

Forgive my noob-ness here ... I see that some Atari titles has two .bin files. For example, Ms. Pacman has MSPACC.BIN and MSPACD.BIN files, both 8K. How would I burn these? Would I concatenate the files and burn to a 16K EPROM? Or do these need a board other than the 64k Jon Guidry cart?

This will work fine, just make sure both files are exactly 8192 bytes when you concatenate :)