IGNORED

1984 Corona Monochrome Monitor Video Connector Help

I recently obtained a 1984 monochrome CRT by Corona Data Systems. The video input port was very similar to that of a CGA monitor (8-pin DIN) but it was a U-DIN or "horseshoe" type. When I opened up the monitor I used the labels to modify a diagram to what I think is correct. I'll post a few pictures below.

DinVideoUnknown.png

My attempted modification (right) of a diagram for a standard RGBI cable (left).

I have no idea if this is really right, I just traced leads with my meter following the labels shown on the board, here:

2014-09-08%2015.24.34-2_LR.jpg

The input from the DIN soldered to the board inside the monitor.

Here are a few pics of my monitor, the DIN input, and the label on the back.

DSC_2000_LR.jpg

DSC_2001_LR.jpg

DSC_2005_LR.jpg

Really what I need is an accurate pin diagram or name for this type of connection so I can obtain a cable or at least know how to make one. All of my searches have shown essentially nothing to support the existence of this video connector type. I need to be able to connect this to a CGA/EGA or even VGA output if possible. I understand for VGA there may need to be some way to fabricate the intensity value. All help and info is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by bitfracture

Look at Sega Master Systems or at the Commodore 64. Both use the same horseshoe connector--and both use it very differently. Note also that you monitor was manufactured by Victor Data Systems. Some careful hunting on that front may turn up the connector pin out as well.

Yes, thanks so much for the response, but I've tried the C64, Master Systems, and done searches for both Victor Data Systems and Corona Data Systems. Wouldn't it make sense that a monitor like this would follow some universal standard for the time? That's what I am really hoping.

Thanks again for the reply. I'll update this post if I do end finding more info.