IGNORED

How Do You Pronounce Gulkave?

VectorGamer

As far as I can tell, this is a Japanese title.

However, I really don't think it's a Japanese word. It doesn't follow any of the conventions of Japanese characters written with English characters.

If it was to be said in Japanese form it would likely be Goo Du Kah Veh

However, no self-respecting Japanese person would set themselves up for disaster by using an "L" like that.

In my case, I've just been calling it Gull Cave, with the expectation that someday someone from Japan will correct me.

As far as I can tell, this is a Japanese title.

However, I really don't think it's a Japanese word. It doesn't follow any of the conventions of Japanese characters written with English characters.

If it was to be said in Japanese form it would likely be Goo Du Kah Veh

However, no self-respecting Japanese person would set themselves up for disaster by using an "L" like that.

In my case, I've just been calling it Gull Cave, with the expectation that someday someone from Japan will correct me.

:?

Gulkave is written ガルケーブ in katakana, which is the alphabet used to denote foreign (non-native) words.

First character = Ga

Second = Ru

Third = Ke (dash after means make the vowel sound long, and the "e" is pronounced as a hard "a", so this sounds like "kay")

Fourth = Bu

"Garukebu" - I'm guessing that this is just a made up word since it is done in katakana, even though "garu" and "kebu" both having meaning when written with hiragana and kanji (respectively).

In English, it is probably closer to say "Gul-kah-vay", but I'd bet most people say "gull-cave".