IGNORED

Extended Basic v2.7 Suite Cartridge

Gazoo

Another one already!!

stock-photo-12232777-working-your-finger

Are your fingers bloody from all the programming sessions?

COOL!

Neh, most of it is copy and paste. Sometimes I have to type in a few hex codes. Nothing major, that's the beauty of programming GPL with a hex editor. :)

I actually had to use the debugger in Classic99 a little to find out where my code was going astray in the catalog routine. It only took me a few years to figure out how to use a breakpoint, but I figured it out! I really wish there was a tutorial somewhere on how to use a debugger, it's such a steep learning curve.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

Anyone having trouble in obtaining a spare TI Invaders or Tombstone City cart to convert to an XB 2.7, this could be the answer to 150 of your prayer!!! :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUGE-LOT-OF-TI-99-4a-Texas-Instruments-Computer-Games-150-TI-INVADERS-etc-/231545313053?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e92d171d

I noticed a couple of interesting cartridges, but even with processing the graphic I was unable to discern which ones they were...

gallery_35324_1027_87802.jpg

This might be a great source of cartridge shells for SOMEONE CLOSER than me, because shipping alone comes to $93.70! :-o

042815XB27.dsk

Ok, I re-uploaded the disk file. Something is amiss in the process somewhere, but I'm not certain where. I downloaded this file and compared it byte for byte with the one I uploaded and used to upgrade my cart, and it all checked ok. The previous file did not.

I also used a different process to place the DF128 file on the disk image. I had a problem doing this with TIimagetool in the past so I did it 'by hand' this time. Not saying that was the issue, but I'm not ruling it out.

All should work ok now. Anyone that upgraded their cart with the last file please do so again with this one. Let me know how you make out please.

Thanks, and sorry for any confusion,

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo

attachicon.gif042815XB27.dsk

Ok, I re-uploaded the disk file. Something is amiss in the process somewhere, but I'm not certain where. I downloaded this file and compared it byte for byte with the one I uploaded and used to upgrade my cart, and it all checked ok. The previous file did not.

I also used a different process to place the DF128 file on the disk image. I had a problem doing this with TIimagetool in the past so I did it 'by hand' this time. Not saying that was the issue, but I'm not ruling it out.

All should work ok now. Anyone that upgraded their cart with the last file please do so again with this one. Let me know how you make out please.

Gazoo

installed with no issues

Hi Gazoo,

I managed to get the "042615XB27.dsk" running on the XB27 (selecting 1 is a good option to see the disk directory, great function!)

but I am having another issue

1. The issue I think was already there, before the software upgrade. My XB27 (where we exchanged to original chips as per FB discussion),

can load dsks, etc. but cannot do CALL functions (e.g. CALL NYANYA, or any other CALL MOUNT(1,1) for NANOPEB, etc., all CALL functions

freezes the module and I need to switch on/off to load again)

2. I have the 2nd XB27 (luckily I ordered that at the same time, original shipped last time) to compare it, that one works okay with CALL functions.

For the module where chips have been exchanged, is there something else I need to do? Maybe re-image the module again?

so that the CALL functions work?

Thanks a million. I love this module, the first one I see to program it from software via the console port!

After the upgrade, I also had the problem on the original module XB27,

that the CALL functions do not work and eventually the module start to behave strange

Q: Could all these issues have to do with the Speech and nano-PEB connected, or swapping with 2x XB27 modules?

or does something stick in the memory of the TI-99/4A or nano-PEB 32K?

RECOVERY PROCEDURE

I was able to recover with the "XB27NOMENU" version, because the XB27 did not work

"Extended Basic v2.7 Suite complete package.zip"

* only via the TI Writer / Assembler (option B) I was able to load GROMCFG

* the XB27 was all "Kaleidoscope" (all colours over the screen and could not get in XB2.7 mode..)

* TIBAS loads, but with BASICLOAD only gave a blank screen

Now after the XB27NOMENU, everything seems to be okay, but

* BASICLOAD gives an String number mismatch in 20

(I tried also other BASICLOAD, e.g. from the 042615XB27, and gives the same error)

> then (change disks in nanopeb) to load the 042615XB27 version again

After this everything seems to be normal again.

> functions like 1 work to list the disk

> functions like F5 the Bert & Ernie (is this the Easter Egg? as in the doc?)

> CALL NYANYA, etc. works all normal again.

> but still I did not figure out how to get the Boot menu working, I probably need something like another .dsk

The 2nd XB27 module (with the exchanged chipsets) is also working now after following this "recovery" procedure

(using XBNOMENU and 042615XB27)

Can someone confirm that 042815XB27.DSK is the latest version of the Extended Basic 2.7 Cart that I need to upgrade my cart to and it has the option to load BOOT when hitting enter from the XB27 menu screen as described here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237401-xb27s-cartridge-boot-return-interception-utility/

Thank you.

Can someone confirm that 042815XB27.DSK is the latest version of the Extended Basic 2.7 Cart that I need to upgrade my cart to and it has the option to load BOOT when hitting enter from the XB27 menu screen as described here http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237401-xb27s-cartridge-boot-return-interception-utility/

Thank you.

Yes, everything was fixed and verified in the 4/28/15 version.

Gazoo

After the upgrade, I also had the problem on the original module XB27,

that the CALL functions do not work and eventually the module start to behave strange

Q: Could all these issues have to do with the Speech and nano-PEB connected, or swapping with 2x XB27 modules?

or does something stick in the memory of the TI-99/4A or nano-PEB 32K?

RECOVERY PROCEDURE

I was able to recover with the "XB27NOMENU" version, because the XB27 did not work

"Extended Basic v2.7 Suite complete package.zip"

* only via the TI Writer / Assembler (option B) I was able to load GROMCFG

* the XB27 was all "Kaleidoscope" (all colours over the screen and could not get in XB2.7 mode..)

* TIBAS loads, but with BASICLOAD only gave a blank screen

Now after the XB27NOMENU, everything seems to be okay, but

* BASICLOAD gives an String number mismatch in 20

(I tried also other BASICLOAD, e.g. from the 042615XB27, and gives the same error)

> then (change disks in nanopeb) to load the 042615XB27 version again

After this everything seems to be normal again.

> functions like 1 work to list the disk

> functions like F5 the Bert & Ernie (is this the Easter Egg? as in the doc?)

> CALL NYANYA, etc. works all normal again.

> but still I did not figure out how to get the Boot menu working, I probably need something like another .dsk

The 2nd XB27 module (with the exchanged chipsets) is also working now after following this "recovery" procedure

(using XBNOMENU and 042615XB27)

First of all, use the 4/28/15 disk instead of the 4/26/15 disk. The earlier disk had a problem with the last 2 Groms only, so the function of Extended Basic was not affected.

It appears you are having issues it getting a valid copy of the disk image to a TI floppy disk, so I would start by trying to rectify that problem.

Gazoo

My guess is Scott Foresman educational titles... Probably not very desirable.

I noticed a couple of interesting cartridges, but even with processing the graphic I was unable to discern which ones they were...

gallery_35324_1027_87802.jpg

This might be a great source of cartridge shells for SOMEONE CLOSER than me, because shipping alone comes to $93.70! :-o

I would have to look at the titles, but I would not mind building up my SF cartridges. I had been waffling on grabbing this lot and parting it out as I would like some shells for when I release 4Anoid.

Back on topic, is the 042815 release in this thread in parity with the release in the BOOT thread? I want to be able to automatically load XB programs when the computer powers up.

I would have to look at the titles, but I would not mind building up my SF cartridges. I had been waffling on grabbing this lot and parting it out as I would like some shells for when I release 4Anoid.

Back on topic, is the 042815 release in this thread in parity with the release in the BOOT thread? I want to be able to automatically load XB programs when the computer powers up.

You can make the change I outlined with the 2 byte edit and it will run DSK1.LOAD automatically with ANY version of the cartridge. You don't need the latest version unless you want to take advantage of the number keys to do the disk catalogs.

Gazoo

First of all, use the 4/28/15 disk instead of the 4/26/15 disk. The earlier disk had a problem with the last 2 Groms only, so the function of Extended Basic was not affected.

It appears you are having issues it getting a valid copy of the disk image to a TI floppy disk, so I would start by trying to rectify that problem.

Gazoo

Hi Gazoo.

Q1: Is there another 042815XB27.dsk with a 042815XB27 filename on it? (mine only has a 26 version on it)

Q2: Maybe it has to do with the nanopeb-CFcard?

Q3: the CALL functions, I loose them after a turn off / turn off scenario (I think that's the only time I consistenly can replicate the issue, for both modules)

I double checked, I used the "28" 042815XB27.dsk, but the filename on the disk (to upgrade the XB27 modules) is still showing "26" >> 042615XB27 496 DIS/FIX.

The .dsk I copy directly to the CF-card from the PC (with TIDIR5.5b from Fred Kaal) and I can load the GROMCFG files.

(is this maybe the problem, that the disk is not copied properly? I have no other way to copy files to CF-cards (last thing I can do is format the whole CF-card)

Directory of D:\TI\XB27Suite\DISKS\042815XB27.dsk

Name Size Type Attr Description

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASICLOAD 9 PROGRAM 2157 P

GROMCFG 32 PROGRAM 8192 P

GROMCFH 32 PROGRAM 8192 P

LOAD 4 PROGRAM 1009 P

042615XB27 496 DIS/FIX 128 P

* yesterday everything worked okay, but

* this morning I took out the CF-card from the nanopeb (to copy the "BOOT" program on a disk)

* plugged everything back in,

* but I noticed that both XB27 lost their "CALL" functions again (like CALL MOUNT, CALL NYANYA hangs,

everything else is working ("1" for dir, F5 Bert/Ernie, Spacebar, Menu, etc.)

** I did not check if the CALL functions were working before I removed the CF-card, etc.

* Now (via TIBASIC), selected the disk that has BOOT on it

* BOOT loads correctly

* I cannot use "C" Extended Basic (it shows stripes on the screen, blanks and comes back to "BOOT"), maybe because XB27 boots the BOOT disk.

* I can press spacebar (and with the Review library can go through the options and back to Menu)

Recovery

* after the same recovery procedure, the call functions worked again

Lost call functions

* then I did some tests (F5 Bert & ernie), then turned off the power of the TI-99/4A (during Bert & Ernie)

* now the CALL functions do not work anymore (it hangs the system)

* did the recovery again (XBNOMENU and the 042815XB27.dsk) all works again

* CALL functions work,

but when doing a "1" (directory) halfway it hangs during the listing, then it resets automatically to the XB27 menu screen

but "2" and "3" works to list the directory. This seems to me a CF-card issue. I maybe need to reformat the whole CF card first.

* after playing the Bert & Ernie completely and back to the Menu, then the CALL functions still work.

but when switching the TI off (during the Bert & Ernie), then the CALL functions do not work anymore (it is related to turn-on/off)

It is a bit strange problem, I will format the CF-card again, then do the process again with turn on/turn off, maybe that fixes it.

(like you mentioned, maybe the disk volume is corrupt)

attachicon.gif042815XB27.dsk

Gazoo

Hmmm. I wonder if we could generate a CRC for this file.