IGNORED

The CGE exclusive Intv game BLIX is limited to 30 copies

Rev

It is nice to see that the carts appear to have gotten into the hands of people who would appreciate them.

To this point, I have not seen one on eBay. Nor have I any ROMs. And barely any images.

Looking at how the game plays, it would not be surprising to see someone make another version of Blix and release it more widely between now and 2017.

I hope that the sound issues with the game get figured out, and a few touches are added like some animation when matches are made, etc. You can give one of the online versions a try (linked elsewhere in this thread). As it is, it's a pretty quick play and if you like things like Candy Crush or Bejeweled and that ilk, you'll dig it.

If it's going to turn into a CIB release, some more variations would be good to add. Maybe more rows to match, finite goals (e.g. speed mode like match 10 in 2 minutes), some animated symbols, etc.

I hope that the sound issues with the game get figured out, and a few touches are added like some animation when matches are made, etc. You can give one of the online versions a try (linked elsewhere in this thread). As it is, it's a pretty quick play and if you like things like Candy Crush or Bejeweled and that ilk, you'll dig it.

If it's going to turn into a CIB release, some more variations would be good to add. Maybe more rows to match, finite goals (e.g. speed mode like match 10 in 2 minutes), some animated symbols, etc.

This could be combined with a clean-up version of FUBAR (another MIchael Hayes game which has not been released) into a two-game cart for a CIB release.

Someone will need to do that in 2017. Also, that person/entity will need to do more than 30 copies.

I know GDG likes those short runs -- but I don't think it was ready for the crazed following of the couple of hundred Intellivision die-hards who must have it all.

This could be combined with a clean-up version of FUBAR (another MIchael Hayes game which has not been released) into a two-game cart for a CIB release.

Someone will need to do that in 2017. Also, that person/entity will need to do more than 30 copies.

I know GDG likes those short runs -- but I don't think it was ready for the crazed following of the couple of hundred Intellivision die-hards who must have it all.

I think that the short run, hurried release, and three year moratorium have been discussed in some rumors around here. ;) Hasn't GDG been involved with flashback units for other consoles?

In any case, yeah... A double-game cart w/ FUBAR (can't recall playing that one) would be pretty cool.

GDG has done short runs for other platforms, but without such strong reaction, right? Maybe it's a matter of how relatively rare Intellivision releases have been that's been the cause of it -- scarcity of releases generally, in addition to this particular run. It seems that as a platform, Intellivision is beginning to catch up. Now there are what, at least three active board designs out there -- LTO's JLP (also used by Elektronite), the IntelligentVision board, and now the CollectorVision board. The day may come when there are enough releases that it's just too expensive to keep up. At that point, we'll have to maybe relax the death grip on 'gotta have 'em all' thinking. That's good/bad.

Edited by intvsteve

I think that the short run, hurried release, and three year moratorium have been discussed in some rumors around here. ;) Hasn't GDG been involved with flashback units for other consoles?

In any case, yeah... A double-game cart w/ FUBAR (can't recall playing that one) would be pretty cool.

GDG has done short runs for other platforms, but without such strong reaction, right? Maybe it's a matter of how relatively rare Intellivision releases have been that's been the cause of it -- scarcity of releases generally, in addition to this particular run. It seems that as a platform, Intellivision is beginning to catch up. Now there are what, at least three active board designs out there -- LTO's JLP (also used by Elektronite), the IntelligentVision board, and now the CollectorVision board. The day may come when there are enough releases that it's just too expensive to keep up. At that point, we'll have to maybe relax the death grip on 'gotta have 'em all' thinking. That's good/bad.

I am not aware of GDG working on previous Flashbacks ... but that does not mean it has not.

And GDG does have a history of doing short runs -- without strong reaction. For example, 7800 Super Cobra was posted for quite a while before it sold out.

• 3 weeks later...

@JasonlikesINTV and @revolutionika, thanks for the gameplay and manual posts.

Now that I have seen "everything", I'm not sure why folks are so angry that they couldn't get this game. I will sink hours into Thin Ice. I will sink hours into Burgertime. Blix, not so much.

I'll just sit back and play the better puzzle games, Same Game & Robots and Match 5 :) :thumbsup:

• Like 1