IGNORED

What 2600 games are you playing right now?

24Fanatic365

I really like Spider Fighter and my 4 year old son loves it too. Some criticise it because it is too easy and it probably is in the early stages (which is why my 4 year old also enjoys it). It does, however, ramp up quickly and it isn't too easy when you are going for 40 000 points to get a patch. It gets insanely fast. In contrast, I think Thrust+ is one of the best games on the Atari VCS and the fact it is difficult is part of the appeal. The control is very precise and it is very rewarding when you get a little bit further. This was clearly made by someone who knows what makes a game great!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just picked up Tutankham in my last cart bundle .... and I must say .... I'm lovin' it ! She's grabbed me by the crotch, causing me both pleasure and pain :) This port doesn't appear to get too much lovin' .. but I keep going back for more. Gr8 run 'n gun rumblings imo :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Mission 3000 AD, a crummy Bosconian wannabe that for some reason I can't stop playing!

I guess I need to see if I have the ROM for that one on my Harmony Cart, since you say it's so addicting! I've never even heard of it before. Thanks for the mention! [emoji106]

Read my writing at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ThatAaronGuy

Just went on an early evening Starpath binge, with quick rounds of Phaser Patrol (amazing game), Sword of Saros, and Rabbit Transit. How have I never played Phaser Patrol before today? I've had it sitting on my Harmony cart for like 3 years now! LOL!

Fired up the old console and tried Mission 3000 AD, and didn't find it that great, so I moved on to a bit of Kool-Aid Man and 2600 PAC-Man instead! [emoji106]

I never said Mission 3000 was good. :)

I think I keep playing it hoping I can will it to be a better game. I fear it will end badly. Like when a woman marries a jerk and tells her friends "I can change him."

• Like 1

I got my Gemini Rapid Fire today and decided to try it out on a some games. I learned I can now cheat my way to higher scores on Joust, Flappy, and a Missile Command clone (I can't remember the name of it right now). Joust and Flappy require you to constantly adjust the knob on the Rapid Fire, but the Missile Command clone lets you just turn it all the way up and light up the sky! :twisted: Of course if the shots were limited, this wouldn't have worked.

When it comes to actually playing, for fun, I'm still enjoying Go Fish. There are other Homebrews that I play ALMOST as much. Any games that let me use the Savekey to keep my high scores, gets played more often than the others. :-D

Keystone Kapers this evening in an attempt to score another patch in the 2017 Activision Summer patch quest. I guess a year is long enough to forget the trouble I had with this one last summer! [emoji15][emoji849][emoji23][emoji451][emoji451][emoji451]