IGNORED

Panzer Strike

Vorticon

Meh. Don't be too hard on the French (I know you were only joking, so it's cool). If Britain had been connected to mainland Europe the way France is, the Germans would have rolled right into Westminster. The Brit's don't like to admit it, but that's how it is. What saved Britain? The English Channel - the fact that we're an island. Had it been otherwise I'd be speaking German as my first language and English as my second now ;-)

I have the sneaky suspicion that they do the same with the Americans :P

Oh, I'm sorry, which country are you from? One whose ass we kicked or saved? ;)

(Well, you know, before the politicians got involved in playing military dress-up.)

Actually, listening to Churchill's announcement that America has joined the war (finally) is actually very inspiring and fluffs my patriotism a little.

Oh, I'm sorry, which country are you from? One whose ass we kicked or saved? ;)

(Well, you know, before the politicians got involved in playing military dress-up.)

Actually, listening to Churchill's announcement that America has joined the war (finally) is actually very inspiring and fluffs my patriotism a little.

Huh?

Huh?

Point being we could win wars, real wars, when our generals were in charge, before the politicians and attorneys got involved. The first is a snide comment I hear and see around in regard to WWI and WWII and the inflated notion that we either kicked someone's ass or saved it. But in terms of reality, rejecting the snide notions, Churchill's proclamation of the US entering WWII is uplifting because he says that the reason the war can be won is because American's never give up.

Agreed.

The current US foreign policy is a mess, driven by morons with no understanding of the local cultural and political mindset of the countries we are messing with, leading to disastrous consequences for all. But then, this was never really about exporting American values to others, but rather the protection of enormously powerful economic interests at any cost, disguised as moral wars in the name of freedom and justice. What a travesty...

That said, this is really not the appropriate forum for this discussion, so I'll stop there.

I just checked Harry's XB compiler documentation, and there are several incompatibilities with my program, the most glaring one being lack of disk access and user defined subprograms not being supported, something I make very heavy use of, along with no trig functions and integers only.

Getting Panzer Strike to work with the compiler will require a major rewrite, something I really don't want to do.

Perhaps with my next XB project, I will design it from the ground up to be compatible with this great tool.

Glad to hear it :)

Honestly, credit goes to the TidBit Basic Translator which allowed me to write structured code with easy editing and minimal "spagettification". Also the use of user defined subprograms is a frequently underutilized feature of XB which also reduces clutter and code repetition.

Compare Panzer Strike's code with Clear For Action's code and you'll see what I mean. The latter was written directly within the XB environment and did not use user defined subprograms, and it is a minor miracle that this monster runs at all.

• Like 2

Have you won the David versus Goliath scenario yet? I managed to beat it only once, with only one of my tanks left standing, so it's doable, but barely :grin: .

Work in progress, this scenario was the reason for my use of some of the more "choice" words of the English language :mad: :mad: :mad:

• 1 month later...

I was half right :P

Lost the Fortress battle first time, then came back to win with 3 tanks left :D

Really liking this game :)

Edit - Just beat the Elalamein battle first time with only 2 casualties :)

Are you sure your middle name is not Rommel by any chance? :grin:

That said, the ultimate challenge will be the David vs. Goliath scenario. I have managed to only beat it once, with only one tank left secondary to a lucky miss by the AI. Let me know how it goes :)

Wahooo!!! Just beat David vs. Goliath mission first try :D

I got to the hold point with 5 tanks which quickly became 1 tank O_O but luckily the wreckage from my casualties blocked some enemies. 1 tank still had a line on me tho, and by some miracle I was able to take him out :) the other enemies couldn't get to me in time and I won :D

Well son of a gun... My hat off to you sir :)

I will have to create an even tougher scenario! By the way, if you are so inclined, you might want to try your hand at creating your own scenario. I would be very interested in testing out what you come up with.