IGNORED

Armor Attack II and modded systems

Loktar

Hey was wondering if anyone with a copy of Armor Attack II has a modded 7800. I cant get the game to work on my modded system yet all other games work fine on it, homebrew and retail. I plugged it into one of my non modded systems and it comes right up. Was wondering if anyone could try it with a modded system or confirm if it does work with it. No idea why it wouldn't but the most I get on the screen is a garbled atari logo.. if I half put in the cart, really weird issue.

**edit** just tried it on my 2nd unmodded 7800 also works on there. On the modded one I can get the logo to come up fine.. and then it just goes to a solid yellow bar. Bleh, kind of sucks because my primary TV wont work via coax.

I have 3 modded consoles and two for sure work with Armor Attack and the third I would assume since its the same mod . Maybe this week I will try them all again since its been a while just to make sure .

Good to know, so it must be my system.. makes me wonder wth is wrong with mine then and this particular game, I mean *every* game works on it ( I own every NA release and around 10 or so homebrews) this is the only one with any sort of issue.

What mod is it ? I bought my board from Electronicsentimentalities and yurkie did the install .

Same here, got it done back in 2013 , they did the mod for me though and shipped it back

It could still be a cleaning issue.

eh I doubt it at this point (although I wish thats all it was lol) out of 3 of mine it worked perfectly on two (the unmodded ones), and I've tried about 15 games tonight on my primary one (the modded one) and they all work fine. :? Its a really weird issue.

Bleh oh well just ordered this

going to try installing it myself on one of my unmodded systems (just won another tonight on Ebay in case I jack it up lol) we'll see how it goes I guess.

If you let the system warm-up with another title for 30 minutes, does the issue still happen?

Heh I had hope this one would work, this is how it turned out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-nEAtcyIgY

Generally don't switch games as fast and don't have so many stacked, but yeah I start on Armor Attack, then Mario, Ripoff, Ninja Golf, back to Armor Attack :? oh well I have to assume its something with this atari and armor attack..

So is Electronicsentimentalities actually Longhorn Engineer or just using his PCB?

Using his PCB.

Electronicsentimentalities install guide here.

Longhorn Engineer install guide here.

I have no issues running Armor Attack II on any of my modified systems. It includes the Electronicsentimentalities, Best Electronics, and Yurkie (Which also uses the Longhorn PCB). Not quite sure/understanding though how a video mod can affect cartridge compatibility.

Additionally, I do have an NTSC console modified with a PAL/Euro BIOS. It also has no issues with Armor Attack II.

Loktar, what is the serial number (Sticker on the bottom of the console) that is having issues with Armor Attack II? It should start in one of the following ways:

EP

AT84

AT85

A1

A3

X

What is believed to be possibly more insightful is looking for other consoles with a similar/close to serial as the one you're having issues with, to better test and nail down any compatibility problem(s), if it is not a one-off occurrence.

Also, the video you posted is marked 'private'. Could you please change it to at least 'unlisted' if not 'public'? We can not view it otherwise. :)

Using his PCB.

Electronicsentimentalities install guide here.

Longhorn Engineer install guide here.

I have no issues running Armor Attack II on any of my modified systems. It includes the Electronicsentimentalities, Best Electronics, and Yurkie (Which also uses the Longhorn PCB). Not quite sure/understanding though how a video mod can affect cartridge compatibility.

Additionally, I do have an NTSC console modified with a PAL/Euro BIOS. It also has no issues with Armor Attack II.

Loktar, what is the serial number (Sticker on the bottom of the console) that is having issues with Armor Attack II? It should start in one of the following ways:

EP

AT84

AT85

A1

A3

X

What is believed to be possibly more insightful is looking for other consoles with a similar/close to serial as the one you're having issues with, to better test and nail down any compatibility problem(s), if it is not a one-off occurrence.

Also, the video you posted is marked 'private'. Could you please change it to at least 'unlisted' if not 'public'? We can not view it otherwise. :)

oops, made it unlisted now. Also The one in question is A3, the other two A1's

oops, made it unlisted now. Also The one in question is A3, the other two A1's

Thanks for that. The modded 'A3' I own plays Armor Attack II fine.

Regardless, you're seeing corruption immediately - as soon as the BIOS (encryption check) screen appears - which you do not receive with any other game:

post-18-0-16773800-1413900612_thumb.png

Leaning more strongly towards (cart) hardware incompatibility here.

You have corruption before there's even any game code presented to the console but on your other consoles the same cart plays fine.

Someone with more expertise I'm sure will follow-up, but that corruption as soon as the game is on with the BIOS/encryption check screen, is the 'tell', IMHO. There's something with that carts hardware that your 'A3' console doesn't like.

What are the serial numbers of your other consoles in which Armor Attack II plays without issue?