IGNORED

Favorite 2600 third party developer...

Army Of 2600

Mythicon and Sorcerer!

Seriously, I've thought about this before, and I just can't make up my mind regarding a favorite developer. For some reason they all released really great games and terrible duds. Activision had Beamrider and Kaboom, but also Laser Blast and Barnstorming. Imagic had Demon Attack and Moonsweeper, but also Firefighter and Quick Step. Parker Brothers had Frogger and Popeye, but also Amidar and Super Cobra. The list goes on (with some exceptions, namely Mythicon and Froggo, who released only crap).

As for favorite game, that changes amost on a monthly basis, and isn't tied to any single developer. Depends on what type of game I'm in the mood for.

• Like 1

I'd probably say 20th Century Fox.

I haven't Played ALL their games, but I'll list the ones I have and why I like them so much.

While companies like Activision and Imagic made some great games, they also seems to be sink or swim... they tend to have more great games than mediocre, but I dunno... I just like 20th Century Fox.

Alien - Fun little Pac-Man clone with *minor* references to one of my favorite movies of all time. However it IS true that if it was called ANYTHING but Alien, and didn't have the poster art on the cart, I'd probably not like it so much!

Bank Heist - Fun Pac-Man/Maze game with a unique style.

Fantastic Voyage - Great shooter with varying level style designs/goals.

Flash Gordon - Not sure why I like this... it's just a game I've always enjoyed though it has little variation.

Porky's - I like how it's like a bunch of mini-games in one, gives it a feeling like it's a bigger game than others of the era, plus like Alien, based on a classic movie I love, so I'm a little biased!

Turmoil - Fast paced shooting fun!

Worm War I - A great shooter style game with a unique B-Movie flavor to it.

The only 20th Century Fox game I've played that I didn't like was Deadly Duck. There may be more stinkers, but I haven't played them... yet!

• Like 1