IGNORED

You must evacuate your game room, What do you take?

Hyperboy

As far as classic systems go:

1. My Ultima collection that I've kept since the 80's, that gets thrown in a suitcase. This is my prized stuff.

2. Ultimate 1541-II (C64)

3. My box of SNES games I guess since those seem to go for a lot. (Boxed Chrono Trigger, FF's, Demons Crest etc)

I don't think boxes of games or suitcases count. I think the OP was referring to 3 things period. That of course makes the decision much harder.

• Like 1

I'm a bigger fan of other systems, but still probably the PS2 and my game collection. Not as flashy as my newer systems, but hell-of-a-lot of good games, and a ton of retro-collections. If we're talking about trading it for food because of some impending disaster (rather than gaming), then of course I'd take the 3 most valuable (dollar-wise) in the room regardless of how I feel.

• 1 year later...

This is something I actually pondered and made up my mind on a long while ago, in case of a fire or other emergency. My rule was that I had to be able to throw it all in a standard grocery sized paper bag and be out of the room in 10 seconds or less from the time I went in to get stuff. What I would take would be:

1. Game Boy Color in it's padded travel case.

2. Game Boy Advance SP (AGS-101 backlit version) in it's padded travel case.

3. The small tub containing all my Game Boy/Color/Advance games.

Not only are the Game Boy Color and Advance SP my favorite systems, but they'd also be the quickest to grab and take with in the event of an emergency. No cords to unplug or anything, and I always leave them in their travel cases when not in use, so it would just be a "grab and go" procedure. :)

Edited by Jin

Suitcase doesn't count? So I need to take my time to open my Lynx case, search through 80 games for Zaku, and then run? It would be faster to grab the case along with a box holding Lynx manuals and cart boxes and made sure I had my wallet, meds, and cell phone.

But if I absolutely need to waste time looking for just 3 items, it will be Zaku, Eye of the Beholder, and Lynx (LCD mod)

Dunno. Might grab the 2600 heavy 6'er and the Vectrex just because they're always out.

If the threat is a flood. I'm not bothering since I'm up on a hill and practically the entire city will be flooded so gaming will be pretty low on the list.

If the threat is fire, I might just open the sliding door and pitch everything over the 2nd floor deck railing into the pool below. Some of it may be salvageable after it dries out. :) I know that's the direction I'm going if I'm trapped in here with the gaming stuff.

I guess there are two ways of looking at this, as witnessed by the replies. Type A grabs the most valuable three items, while the Type B grabs what they enjoy the most. I'm personally Type A, because the games I love the most are mostly common, and easily replaced. But that's just my opinion. :)

Type A grabs the most valuable three items, while the Type B grabs what they enjoy the most.

For me, it turns out that my most valuable items are also the ones I enjoy the most.

It would be:

- PC Engine Duo-R with EverDrive card

- Atari 800 with Incognito board

- Nintendo 3DS XL with Tetris, because it never gets boring.

For me, it turns out that my most valuable items are also the ones I enjoy the most.

It would be:

- PC Engine Duo-R with EverDrive card

- Atari 800 with Incognito board

- Nintendo 3DS XL with Tetris, because it never gets boring.

That's awesome, I wish I enjoyed my most valuable items the most. How can I enjoy my Adventurevision games if they are sealed? :D

My modded original xbox. It has 35 emulators and all the roms for them stored on a executer 3 chip and 500 gig HD. Plus many ripped and burned games.

Atari 2600 Heavy Sixer as it is an uncommon console and my favorite variation of the 2600.

Atari 5200 cause of the multicart and one of my favorite systems.

• Like 1