IGNORED

The best dissassembler for Atari

DOH! ... There it is... The "J"-word... There is really only one really good thing about Java... & that's the End User License Agreement (EULA). It has provided me with years of amusement.

Here it is, in all of it's splendor, Verse 7 of the Epic Javaeula:

"Note on Java Support... Java technology is not fault tolerant and is not designed, manufactured, or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of Java technology could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage."

(Audience laughs)

= )

Yes, Friends, so good that we gotta say it again!

"the failure of Java technology could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage."

So good that we could use it in the chorus of a song. We'll call it "The Ballad Curse of James Gosling"... It'll be great!

= )

So many reasons I hate that piece of shit abomination called Java. I will just take solace in the fact that I don't need to use it to make my living.

"the failure of Java technology could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage."

Not a great choice for a vehicle ECU then either. Let alone airliners or nuclear power plants!

Edited by fujidude

>So many reasons I hate that piece of shit abomination called Java.

Maybe we should discuss those elsewhere. After all the title of the thread suggests that criticism on higher level languages are not really the point.

For those interested in what going on in the background:

https://sourceforge.net/p/dis6502/git/commit_browser

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I am spending a lot of time refactoring the project from plain C to C++ with string typing and classes to improve the overall structure. At the same time Eric is implementing the functional enhancments and bug fixes. Slowly it pays off. Currently the options are reworked and next big thing is a new serialization for profiles & workspace. This is how the merged and extended options look like now. They not also support MADS specific now.

post-17404-0-87790200-1431598197_thumb.png

• Like 4

I have a question for the dis6502 experts here. If I have a table of code vectors in LSB,MSB order, I can change the type to label and it will reformat the table to something like this, creating labels at the appropriate position in the code.

L0EEF: .WORD L0E66,L0E71,L0E70,L0E73,L0EA9,L0E7D,L0E85,L0E97

Now if I have two tables, one with the LSB's and one with the MSB's, I want to generate the labels and format the tables like this. Problem is, I can't figure out how. Is there a way for dis6502 to do this? Doing it manually can be very time consuming and is prone to error.

L0EEF: .BYTE L(l0E66),L(L0E71),L(L0E70),L(L0E73),L(L0EA9),L(L0E7D),L(L0E85),L(L0E97)
.BYTE L(L0EBC),L(L0EC4),L(L0ED1),L(L0EDE),L(L0EE4)

L0EFC: .BYTE H(l0E66),H(L0E71),H(L0E70),H(L0E73),H(L0EA9),H(L0E7D),H(L0E85),H(L0E97)
.BYTE H(L0EBC),H(L0EC4),H(L0ED1),H(L0EDE),H(L0EE4)

I have a question for the dis6502 experts here. If I have a table of code vectors in LSB,MSB order, I can change the type to label and it will reformat the table to something like this, creating labels at the appropriate position in the code.

Now if I have two tables, one with the LSB's and one with the MSB's, I want to generate the labels and format the tables like this. Problem is, I can't figure out how. Is there a way for dis6502 to do this? Doing it manually can be very time consuming and is prone to error.

L0EEF: .BYTE L(l0E66),L(L0E71),L(L0E70),L(L0E73),L(L0EA9),L(L0E7D),L(L0E85),L(L0E97)

L0EFC: .BYTE H(l0E66),H(L0E71),H(L0E70),H(L0E73),H(L0EA9),H(L0E7D),H(L0E85),H(L0E97)

This was always a problem I had with Dis6502. I don't think I ever found a way to do that.

--Ken

Hi tep392 and kenfused.

This is very good feature.

I will try to implement it as a new type in the dump pane or new kind of label declaration.

Let me give you some other news. I finished the support of SpartaDos binaries.

Now I am trying to add some features like adding comments in the disassmebly pane.

I hope we can release version 3.0 as soon as possible because the program is much better that the previous version.

JAC! did a great work with the graphical user interface.

If you want to have an idea of the features of this next release, you can go there (milestone 3.0 selected)

https://sourceforge.net/p/dis6502/feature-requests/milestone/3.0/

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

real life kept me busy in the past months with almost day & night work and time left for Atari.

But right now I'm on the way to Fujiama Atari convention and in a week from now, my summer vacation starts.

Let's keep fingers crossed.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I finally managed to escape the real life daily job business and had a great week with sun, beach and DIS6502 while the kids were playing in the sand.You don't believe that? Check the commits. Again a lot of the monolithic plain C has been transformed into readable classes with clear interaces and dependencies. Now I feel I understand the code good enough to implement the new load/save for the new workspace structure.

2015-08-28-dis6502-beach-coding.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I finally managed to escape the real life daily job business and had a great week with sun, beach and DIS6502 while the kids were playing in the sand.You don't believe that? Check the commits. Again a lot of the monolithic plain C has been transformed into readable classes with clear interaces and dependencies. Now I feel I understand the code good enough to implement the new load/save for the new workspace structure.

2015-08-28-dis6502-beach-coding.jpg

Hello Peter,

How far is the new version of dis6502 3.0?

I hope see some test builds but first i must be watch your learning movies :)

Greetin,

Marco

Edited by marcokitt2000

• 3 months later...