IGNORED

The Ultimate Intellivision Flashback

Byte Knight

So awesome! Time to by another Pi!

To be clear on what I am delivering. I am making all my setting available where you can just copy them. A requirement is the Ultimate Interface as that I the interface I used to configure everything. Also, I used the Intellivision controller. A Coleco controller will work but I use the bottom right side button to exit the Colecovision emulator. If you use a Coleco controller, you will not have a controller option to exit the emulator. You will have to use a keyboard. For 2600 games, either the Coleco or Inty controller should be fine. For the 5200, the right controller is needed to set the configuration of the game. Quirky? Yes but it all works by just copying over everything and loading up your roms.

Maybe try adding "sudo" at the beginning of the run command. I had to do that to get the Apple II emulator to launch.

did it now all it does is go to a black screen then go back to the game menu. After that anything i do will cause it to get stuck on a black screen. I have to reboot to do anything else other than ftp'ing

David, you're once again turning into my hero! I've got to get this project rolling (on my end) so I can get your latest-and-greatest once it's available!

Ok...please do not drag copyright questions into this please.

I have completed the theme and configuring the controller. I will be updating the package and webpage. I have frogger and tuntankham working but other roms I tried did not work. I do not know what game uses the side button so this probably is not configured correctly. I need help from those of you that actually own the games (this is where your rights issues come in) and can tell me which one uses the side button.

Edited by intvdave

Ok...please do not drag copyright questions into this please.

I have completed the theme and configuring the controller. I will be updating the package and webpage. I have frogger and tuntankham working but other roms I tried did not work. I do not know what game uses the side button so this probably is not configured correctly. I need help from those of you that actually own the games (this is where your rights issues come in) and can tell me which one uses the side button.

some games use right controller. Some games use the left controller. You have to play odyssey 2 with 2 controllers. Plus you have to have a keyboard hooked up too. The keyboard has a button you have to start a lot of games with. Edited by pimpmaul69

Soon, I'll get a Pi. But I have NO clue how to set up. But I must say thanks to everyone for the great info, and David of course. Ive been mostly following this thread from the beginning. :-)

Pimpmaul has offered to set me up!

One question, maybe I missed it.

But, with all the various controllers, how do you cconnect them all? I know about the intv/atari adapters.....but what about nes?

• Like 1

Soon, I'll get a Pi. But I have NO clue how to set up. But I must say thanks to everyone for the great info, and David of course. Ive been mostly following this thread from the beginning. :-)

Pimpmaul has offered to set me up!

One question, maybe I missed it.

But, with all the various controllers, how do you cconnect them all? I know about the intv/atari adapters.....but what about nes?

the way i did for the nes controller is remove the ic chip and cable and use a genesis controller cable and wire it to function with the same controls as a colecovision flashback controller. I will wire up a genesis, super nintendo, turbografx 16 and sega master system controller the same way. Atari controllers dont need to be modified.

Or maybe just use the Intellivision controller for all the emulators?

i find the disc way too sensitive for systems not designed to use them. Plus i am always about the authentic controller feel. Hence why i have 20+ retro controllers setup to work on my wii. The odessey 2 emulator on the wii isnt designed where i can use a modified controller so it will be nice to use an odessey 2 joystick when i play.

That's a great list. I'm new to the Raspberry Pi (just arrived yesterday and haven't tried it yet), but what other systems are emulated on it? I wanted to do the above, but also mame, c64, atari 8bit, and amiga.

-mike

The problem with Mame is finding the game sets that actually work on the version of Mame. What other Atari 8 bit systems are there? Lynx? I thought I had the major 2 with the 2600 and 5200. The 780 had a short life not that the 5200 was popular either but it is essentially the 800.

The C64 and Amiga are computers to me. Just play these on the PC?

The problem with Mame is finding the game sets that actually work on the version of Mame. What other Atari 8 bit systems are there? Lynx? I thought I had the major 2 with the 2600 and 5200. The 780 had a short life not that the 5200 was popular either but it is essentially the 800.

The C64 and Amiga are computers to me. Just play these on the PC?

i would rather have the 7800 than the 5200. I never knew anyone that had a 5200

i find the disc way too sensitive for systems not designed to use them. Plus i am always about the authentic controller feel. Hence why i have 20+ retro controllers setup to work on my wii. The odessey 2 emulator on the wii isnt designed where i can use a modified controller so it will be nice to use an odessey 2 joystick when i play.

I doubt most people will do what you did and have 20+ different controllers that work on one console (wii).

• Like 1

I doubt most people will do what you did and have 20+ different controllers that work on one console (wii).

that is true. For me it is about the retro experience without a bunch of systems that take up a lot of space that i dont have room for in this tiny room i live in. So i keep everything in storage and play this way.