IGNORED

another eBay idiot...

adam242

Anyone ever try to educate a clueless seller on the differences between 400/800 carts and those for the 2600 or ColecoVision?

Pitfall II

Decathalon

I've sent them messages explaining that these are not compatible with Atari 400, 800, XL or XE computers, as they claim in the listing titles. All I get is "these are cartridges for a console, not disks for a computer - you don't know what you're talking about". The computer versions of these games are relatively valuable and some buyer is gonna be pissed and rightfully demand a refund...

It would appear that eBay doesn't even offer a way to report inaccurate descriptions anymore.

Edit - I guess they DID change the listing title for Pitfall... really just trying to help.

Edited by adam242

Just looked at those, they may have changed the title for Pitfall, but still show it's for the computer platform.. Clearly somebody that just grabbed them at a flea-market or something, since anybody the collects Atari can tell the difference at a glance.

I did see a list a couple days ago for a floppy drive that was in "good shape" but only had pics of the box, so I sent the seller a message suggesting pics of the actual drive and he quickly added the pics. The drive should be here in about a week :)

... I know that's an understandable mistake but you really should know what your selling.

and own up to your mistake instead of getting belligerent with someone who corrects you! a few quotes from this seller:

"Dude, seriously chill out. It's a $5 dollar item my kids left in the garage.I am not writing a dissertation on video games."

"The description is preloaded by eBay, not me. If you look at my posting you will see in the description it is clearly listed as a cartridge. I then shot 3 pictures, front back and top so anyone who looks at it will be able to see what the item is and how it is configured as the aperture is different for each system. I also clearly state that there is no refund."

If you're going to follow the 'no refund' course, you better make damn sure your listing is accurate! Pitfall II for the 8-bit is not a $5 item... Not a Faberge egg either, but if the bidding went, say $25 or more, and a 2600 cart was sent, that's not cool. A refund would be rightfully demanded.

People like this are a big reason why I rarely use eBay anymore... I wonder how this clown still has a 100% positive feedback. I'm almost tempted to bid on one of these just to cry foul and screw up their feedback when I receive the wrong item.

Edited by adam242