IGNORED

Tron Light Cycles for Colecovision - Work in progress

parkfun101

I'm really impressed by this game. It is like a great sequel to the original ports. I love that there is so much that is new but based on the original. One suggestion I have is to add a type of challenge stage every 3-5 stages. Either like Joust, Galaga, and Mario Bros. or have or some kind of boss stage. Although with all the different variations from level to level, maybe this is already there in some form.

Unlike donkey kong, where there is an obvious up and down, that is not true here, so I think it does not take away to have it as close to a 4:3 aspect ratio as possible. I'm a little disappointed in the modern arcade releases like Atari Vault that only use 1/2 the screen to keep the arcade aspect ratio for gravitar and similar games that have no specific "up". I understand why this is important to a lot of people to have it be true to the original, but its not such an issue for me. On the other hand, it was important to me when donkey kong arcade came out that had all the girders squeezed in and all four levels. I always played the online arcade version when it came out rather than the ports before DKA came out because of this.

I'm really impressed by this game. It is like a great sequel to the original ports. I love that there is so much that is new but based on the original. One suggestion I have is to add a type of challenge stage every 3-5 stages. Either like Joust, Galaga, and Mario Bros. or have or some kind of boss stage. Although with all the different variations from level to level, maybe this is already there in some form.

Thank you very much Swami,

Every 5th stage IS a challenge stage where you have to collect all discs before time runs out (for a bonus score). You can't die on those stages. Also, on the 45th stage you go against the Master Control Program as the Main Boss. Additionally, on any stage, if an enemy crashes into the wall, you can escape through the wall which takes you to the Bonus stage where for every second you stay alive, you score 100 points trying to steer clear of the Recognizers that get faster and faster until they ultimately catch you (no death though since it is a bonus). The fun of that is trying to see how many seconds you can last which is displayed at the top of the screen. Watch some YouTube Videos and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Thank you very much Swami,

Every 5th stage IS a challenge stage where you have to collect all discs before time runs out (for a bonus score). You can't die on those stages. Also, on the 45th stage you go against the Master Control Program as the Main Boss. Additionally, on any stage, if an enemy crashes into the wall, you can escape through the wall which takes you to the Bonus stage where for every second you stay alive, you score 100 points trying to steer clear of the Recognizers that get faster and faster until they ultimately catch you (no death though since it is a bonus). The fun of that is trying to see how many seconds you can last which is displayed at the top of the screen. Watch some YouTube Videos and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Okay, sorry about that. Got to about page 5 or so and hit that part where there is about 8 pages on who is ordering what and just skipped to the end. I have to say that I have seen this game in the stores and the description does not do it justice.