IGNORED

Tron Light Cycles for Colecovision - Work in progress

parkfun101

Hi guys, Yes we are very busy :) Everything is coming along very good, We are only waiting on the Boxes that should come in somewhere next week!

Thank you for your patience!! Special Edition will take a little longer since they will be sign!

OHHH and thank guys! Great job on these games!

We are only waiting on the Boxes that should come in somewhere next week!

Thank you for your patience!! Special Edition will take a little longer since they will be sign!

Since I purchased one copy of each I was curious to know if you will be shipping out 3 copies early and the Special Edition later - Or all at once? (If I had a say I'd prefer the 3 copies first to be shipped) Sorry but I'm just excited to receive them - thanks for answering and I thought I'd try you here again since I didn't get a reply in email :)

Signed is a nice surprise!

Edited by Bodyshots

Since I purchased one copy of each I was curious to know if you will be shipping out 3 copies early and the Special Edition later - Or all at once? (If I had a say I'd prefer the 3 copies first to be shipped) Sorry but I'm just excited to receive them - thanks for answering and I thought I'd try you here again since I didn't get a reply in email :)

Signed is a nice surprise!

You will get them all at once :), We'll try to make this all work in a way that you won't have to wait that long :)

Thank you!

Great to see that people start receiving there games :-D

I'm almost done with the shipping, thank you again for your patience!

To anyone who ordered the LGR special edition, shipping should be next week :grin:

Thank you all for your for your support!!

Ah, saving the best for last, I see. ?

Even though I tested it lots using an AtariMax, there nothing like opening the new box and inserting the real cart into a console.

That audio is spot on. I closed my eyes and it was like 15 years ago when I owned a Tron cabinet and it sat in my living room. Beautiful!

Wish I was in a position to buy your game (it would be my first homebrew!). Maybe I can sell something on Craigslist...

Thank you, I worked hard to emulate the arcade machine version for the Light Cycle portion. I had a friend of mine, Aaron, who got the winning music working for me, but I did all the other sounds and everything else(graphics, sfx, gameplay, etc). I played the arcade game over and over and over again on a MAME emulator to try and get it to look and feel just like the arcade. I even got it so that if you hold a diagonal on the joystick, that you can do a diagonal type move or a U-turn just like the Arcade does.

It's funny ... I've been going to yard sales and reselling certain items on Craigslist and eBay and using the money to pay for my collection of NES games that I buy in bulk.

You did a tremendous job on Light Grid Racing, parkfun101. It is without a doubt one of the most impressive homebrew releases ever released for the CV with the inclusion of the enhanced gameplay mode really setting it apart. It really amazes me that you were able to cram so much into a 32K game.

Looking forward to your next game release.

The only down side is that the actual cartridge will not work on my CV, but it does work on my ADAM and I was able to make a rom dump and place it on my AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart to play on the CV. I'm guessing that my issue is that I leave the SD Cart plugged into the CV at all times so the tension on the cartridge connector may have loosened over time and I will have to test the actual cartridge out on a different CV system to know for sure. I also received Zanac and Bomb Jack and those cartridges worked fine on the CV.

• Like 1

You did a tremendous job on Light Grid Racing, parkfun101. It is without a doubt one of the most impressive homebrew releases ever released for the CV with the inclusion of the enhanced gameplay mode really setting it apart. It really amazes me that you were able to cram so much into a 32K game.

Looking forward to your next game release.

The only down side is that the actual cartridge will not work on my CV, but it does work on my ADAM and I was able to make a rom dump and place it on my AtariMax Ultimate SD Cart to play on the CV. I'm guessing that my issue is that I leave the SD Cart plugged into the CV at all times so the tension on the cartridge connector may have loosened over time and I will have to test the actual cartridge out on a different CV system to know for sure. I also received Zanac and Bomb Jack and those cartridges worked fine on the CV.

I'm extremely excited to hear your feedback!!! ;-) :-D Gameplay and replayability are my top concerns. I figure people in the infancy of gaming had to come up with ideas and rather than just doing a remake, I wanted to use my ideas without "cheapening" a classic. I'm already planning on my next game, but I don't plan to officially work on the code until early next year. I'll start a new forum for it and a link from this topic to quickly access it.

I also leave my SD Cart plugged in at all times and I've noticed that sometimes the cart doesn't come on right away probably for the same reason. Running downstairs to take it out of my CV right now......be right back....ok, reminder to myself....don't leave any Cart in your CV all the time....noted.

I could have fit another 1 K in the cart if I had used the max-allocs option in CCI3, but I'll probably use that in the next game perhaps. I reworked the functions in the game several times to lower the filesize....that and my function that allows me to make 4 levels for the price of 1 in terms of file size.