IGNORED

Bliss-box is now on KS

ulao

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New review by Lon, more conprehensive of the featurs.

I think this video says it all the best, of couse the two videos combine do help. Getting down to the wire on this, if any one can share the video on gaming,twitter, and facebook sites I think it will really help.

I thought about kicking this, but my opinion for years has been that everything NES and after that has a D-Pad can be easily approximated by the ocean of various gamepads and controllers that already work with the PC via USB. The real trick is to get the Pre d-pad stuff to work which I guess this does, but the appeal to hooking up 4 different controllers that have a D-pad is kinda lost on me. I already have multiple ways to get my 2600 sticks to work on the PC as well as my Intv and Coleco controllers. I don't really need this.

That being said, I've set kickstarter to remind me about this. If it is coming down to the wire then I will kick it to try and help it fund.

Yeah sure you can find a d-pad that does the job but IMO some console controllers just have it perfect. For me its the fact you get options, for the first time there is a usb adapter that will here your plea for help. I was playing spy-hunter for the GC the other day and I could not pass the training (barrels slalom). Hit the L+R+Z combo to go in to d-pad mode and what a piece of cake. It is the things like that, that make it standout from the rest and each adapter takes on the same set of rules. Granted the main aim of the project is to use the older controllers. It's just that there is so much more being offered here.

To offer the same as the mega kit option (17 controller types * 4) would take a tub or two of adapters. As Rackboy pointed out you no longer need drivers. Some of the older adapter can;t even be using on 64 bit os's. The Bliss-box also works on multiple devices, and Os's. After the KS this adapter will start working on consoles next, have a nicer look (i.e drive bay options), and better and better compatibility like the gameport. Pledging on this is not to get a 4-play adapter, its to help Bliss-Box in selling products, the 4-play adapter is a reward. If you add up all the likes on g+, FB, and version forums post, along with all the youtube videos, and multiplied that by $1.00, you would have a funded project.

Bliss-Box has been around since 07 and will continue to make the hand made products. This KS was only an option to get it in volume.

• Like 1

Yeah sure you can find a d-pad that does the job but IMO some console controllers just have it perfect. For me its the fact you get options, for the first time there is a usb adapter that will here your plea for help. I was playing spy-hunter for the GC the other day and I could not pass the training (barrels slalom). Hit the L+R+Z combo to go in to d-pad mode and what a piece of cake. It is the things like that, that make it standout from the rest and each adapter takes on the same set of rules. Granted the main aim of the project is to use the older controllers. It's just that there is so much more being offered here.

To offer the same as the mega kit option (17 controller types * 4) would take a tub or two of adapters. As Rackboy pointed out you no longer need drivers. Some of the older adapter can;t even be using on 64 bit os's. The Bliss-box also works on multiple devices, and Os's. After the KS this adapter will start working on consoles next, have a nicer look (i.e drive bay options), and better and better compatibility like the gameport. Pledging on this is not to get a 4-play adapter, its to help Bliss-Box in selling products, the 4-play adapter is a reward. If you add up all the likes on g+, FB, and version forums post, along with all the youtube videos, and multiplied that by $1.00, you would have a funded project.

Bliss-Box has been around since 07 and will continue to make the hand made products. This KS was only an option to get it in volume.

Bump for a great response!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like the kickstarter failed. I think the various options were a little confusing. I couldn't really figure out which adapters were coming with each pack and what the choices were for the "choose your own". If this ever gets a re-launch, I recommend an easier to understand set of choices.

It sounds like they're going forward with it and have secured alternate funding. So I assume this is it for Kickstarter efforts.

Not surprised that this Kickstarter failed again. It really doesn't read very well and creates confusion, instead of clarifying the nature of this proposed product. It really could've used a top notch editor to streamline it and correct grammar. Little things like the product name not being consistently presented (It switches back and forth between '4-play' and '4-Play'), drag such things down instead of maintaining a professional appearance that inspires confidence, something that's especially important when seeking such a large sum of money.

With the money issue out of the way and the hardware presumably capable, hopefully they release this with a better name instead of one that appears to be a sexual innuendo. Hardly the type of name befitting that of a videogame accessory, and one that I imagine isn't going to do the product's chances at being a sales success any favors.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to let everyone know that the early bird deal http://skunx7.wix.com/bliss-box is open.

Yes, the KS was successful, not in the way of money but after seeing what KS (not fully explained in the setup) wanted, it would have been a brake even deal( little or no profit). The KS served it's intention of getting the word out. 400 units are sold, a few companies are on board and a new marketing team (cronusmax) is now taking over this side of things.

the naming the product battle has been done, more like it in the way that it server its purpose(It's a 4 play device, you won't forget the name, simple and to the point), then the now 3 people to make fun or point out some sexually pointless coincidences.