IGNORED

Male Privelage in Gaming

Metal Ghost

Now I'm a lot more confused. What does any of that have to do with gamergate? Especially tumblr. I thought it was a big fuss over a messy and unusually public breakup, that also involved some accusations about the gaming media that if true, still fall into both my 'well duh' and 'who cares' bins at the same time.

The blog post is a part of it in that it raised awareness about how these people operate.

Honestly though, it's really just TMZ level gossip that would have run it's course in a week or two.

What really kicked it off was the high level of coordinated censorship of discussion instantly thereafter

not only on dedicated gaming forums, but also on general duscussion sites like reddit and 4-chan.

Once people began questioning how a relatively unknown gaming personality was able to achieve

such large scale censorship, gaming and social justice blogs like kotaku, rock paper shotgun, polygon,

vice, the verge, and the huffington post decided to go into damage control by declairing gamers to be

mysogonysts, sexists, pissbabies, shitlords, rapists, homophobes, and neckbeard nerds.

Thus, gamergate was born.

Once all of the blogs and articles were published, links were traced between game journalists, feminist,

and social justice groups showing that they were using their combined clout to push games with a social

justice agenda or promote games made by members of their clique, and bury those which don't fit the mold.

Tumblr has the largest group of social justice warriors of any social media site, so by observing their

group, you can get an accurate picture of who these people are and what they want gaming to turn into.

Edited by warmachine
  • Like 1

OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

People have different opinions than me... THE HORROR!

It's no biggie, it's a forum. If everyone had the same opinion AtariAge would be a pretty boring place.

If someone posts something I don't agree with, I immediately stop visiting the web site they posted on. Goodbye AtariAge, Facebook, Twitter, and every other place on the Internet. I'm just going to poop in a bucket and sniff it all day long. Damn, my own shit smells good!

• Like 3

I'm just going to step in here and say please keep the discussion civil or we'll be forced to lock the thread. I know passions for this topic are running high, but that's no reason to resort to petty name calling. We're all adults here (well most of us, some of us are mature teenagers with exceptional taste in gaming) so please act like one.

• Like 2

People that disagree and argue with INCORRECT information are worse than people that actually believe it to be true because they give the disinformationist attention, and that is their ultimate goal. When you see something that you know is BS, it's so obvious that you just want to scream at them....think about it for a second, and think to yourself "is this what THEY want me to do?" Yes, it is EXACTLY what they want you to do, so in a sense, you are more of a puppet than the people that actually believe it. You are doing exactly what the misinformationist wants you to do, you are under their control and fueling their cause by creating an "enemy" that shouldn't exist. I'm just saying, think about it before you open your mouth with these types...why even give them the time of day....

• 1 month later...

Sorry to dust this off again, but it appears we may be getting a small bit of well-deserved justice:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/23/wikipedia-bans-editors-from-gender-related-articles-amid-gamergate-controversy?CMP=share_btn_tw

Wikipedia has apparently forbade further interference by the tightknit group of editors who have been up until now curating and effectively locking down Wikipedia's GamerGate article to make the controversy appear to be about bullying women in gaming rather than about journalistic corruption.

• Like 2

Sorry to dust this off again, but it appears we may be getting a small bit of well-deserved justice:

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/23/wikipedia-bans-editors-from-gender-related-articles-amid-gamergate-controversy?CMP=share_btn_tw

Wikipedia has apparently forbade further interference by the tightknit group of editors who have been up until now curating and effectively locking down Wikipedia's GamerGate article to make the controversy appear to be about bullying women in gaming rather than about journalistic corruption.

Well so much for unbiased editing on Wikipedia... That's why I trust uncyclopedia when it comes to unbiased articles! :rolling:

Dangit, there's no gamergate or anita sarkeesian article on uncyclopedia. One of us should create one... :ponder:

Edited by stardust4ever