IGNORED

Worst 5200 title(s)

Dantaipan

There's a few stinkers. James Bond 007 is really sucky. Buck Rogers is bad too but not as much.

I haven't played all the 5200 games so I don't know if there are worse ones than that.

Some games on 5200 aren't really "BAD" but also aren't that fun anymore. Realsports Soccer is one of them, IMO. Sure, I loved it and played it but it hasn't aged well at all -- it's too easy, too simple, and I hate when it won't allow my player to ascend up the screen for a few seconds.

I also think that Breakout and Kaboom! are ruined without a paddle.

What is/are your least favourite title(s) for the 5200?.

I have to say I like most of the games, but several are boring (repetitive and easy) or poorly designed. Here is my list of the bottom feeders:

Congo Bongo

Galaxian

Kangaroo

StarTrek: Strategic Operations Simulator (looks good, but too easy)

James Bond 007

Any Realsports title (Baseball is kind of interesting with the voice, but it becomes old real fast)

- VD

• 2 weeks later...

You all are forgetting ROTJ: Death Star Battle. It might be a rare cart for the 5200 and a great find for your collection, but the gameplay is poor (one of the worst for the 5200 that I have played). It has two screens which endlessly repeat and even those aren't much fun. It is hardly better than the 2600 version. By the way, I think Kangaroo is pretty fun to play and I agree with many that the paddle makes a big difference with some of the games mentioned.

Space Invaders SUCKS!

It's slow moving, and the scoring sucks as well. Not to mention the toughness of it.

Not to mention, it looks nothing like the arcade game at all.

Course there are the Atari 8-bit versions.. which were occasionally modded to look a little closer to the arcade :)

post-31-1049958235_thumb.jpg

post-31-1049958236_thumb.jpg

post-31-1049958237_thumb.jpg

post-31-1049958238_thumb.jpg

Course there are the Atari 8-bit versions.. which were occasionally modded to look a little closer to the arcade :)

Yeah yeah, you don't need to rub it in how I should get an 8-bit, I already know. :D One of these days, maybe after we move into a house and I have a little more room for stuff.. :ponder:

Yeah yeah, you don't need to rub it in how I should get an 8-bit, I already know. :D  One of these days, maybe after we move into a house and I have a little more room for stuff.. :ponder:

Hey I don't play those on the 8-bit.. I play them on the Dreamcast! :P The emulation is pretty much perfect.

And... one Dreamcast, and one CD containing every 5200 game and about 3000+ 8-bit disk images takes up.. oh I'd say.. 49 square inches ;)

Not exactly 'collectible'.. but GREAT for that quick night of playing any and every Atari 8-bit game you can imagine within seconds of each other :P

post-31-1049961162_thumb.jpg

Hey I don't play those on the 8-bit.. I play them on the Dreamcast! :P The emulation is pretty much perfect.  

And... one Dreamcast, and one CD containing every 5200 game and about 3000+ 8-bit disk images takes up.. oh I'd say.. 49 square inches ;)

As tempting as that idea is, I love my Dreamcast too much to risk playing burned disks, especially since I don't have a backup console to spare. I've read at length in modern gaming about the damage non-GD ROM disks can do. :P

As tempting as that idea is, I love my Dreamcast too much to risk playing burned disks, especially since I don't have a backup console to spare.  I've read at length in modern gaming about the damage non-GD ROM disks can do. :P

Nah that's pretty much a bunch of crap. You're thinking of playing pirated Dreamcast games where the disc is constantly accessed hardcore ;) (i.e. "MODERN GRAPHIC RICH GAMES")

For emulation purposes you gotta realize that the majority of these images are 32k or so or less... Once the emu is loaded, the dreamcast takes about 2 seconds to load up your selected image, then goes idle! *zip zip* done.

That's not to say that it wont have problems down the road.. but that's probably a downfall of all cd based consoles. I will tell you that I've played mine CONSTANTLY and DAILY for years. And that's no b.s. :)

As tempting as that idea is, I love my Dreamcast too much to risk playing burned disks, especially since I don't have a backup console to spare.  I've read at length in modern gaming about the damage non-GD ROM disks can do. :P

Nah that's pretty much a bunch of crap. You're thinking of playing pirated Dreamcast games where the disc is constantly accessed hardcore ;) (i.e. "MODERN GRAPHIC RICH GAMES")

For emulation purposes you gotta realize that the majority of these images are 32k or so or less... Once the emu is loaded, the dreamcast takes about 2 seconds to load up your selected image, then goes idle! *zip zip* done.

That's not to say that it wont have problems down the road.. but that's probably a downfall of all cd based consoles. I will tell you that I've played mine CONSTANTLY and DAILY for years. And that's no b.s. :)

MMF, NE146 is correct, ripped games is what kills the drive not homebrews.

Yeah it'd be a piece of cake to send either of you one. Of course you will have to pay me for the price of making it and sending it to you. So please send me a personal check for 60 cents before we can discuss further business. I also accept Paypal. 8)

oh.. and just pm me yer damn addresses ;)

• 1 month later...