IGNORED

Stay Frosty 2 is awesome!

jongolo

After much practice, I finally rescued a helper! And I think I can say with some authority, that more snowmen die from accidental falls than all forms of fire hazard combined ;)

Congratulations! Nicely done - I think you may be the first. Now... only three more rescues to go. :D

For me, falling was a major key in making SF2 a different game than its predecessor. There needed to be another threat besides melting, and falling is a pretty common fatality in platformers. Coupled with the snowman's slippery nature, that made it a pretty effective game element. (If you think some of the levels are hard now... you should've seen some of the test levels we rejected. :-o )

For me, falling was a major key in making SF2 a different game than its predecessor.

That'll be covered in Part 8 of The Story of Stay Frosty 2.

If you think some of the levels are hard now... you should've seen some of the test levels we rejected. :-o

As The Story... progresses, builds with those levels will be posted.

• Like 1

For me, falling was a major key in making SF2 a different game than its predecessor. There needed to be another threat besides melting, and falling is a pretty common fatality in platformers. Coupled with the snowman's slippery nature, that made it a pretty effective game element. (If you think some of the levels are hard now... you should've seen some of the test levels we rejected. :-o )

That'll be covered in Part 8 of The Story of Stay Frosty 2.

In case any of y'all missed it, Part 8 was posted on the 18th. Part 7, posted on the 17th, might be of help those of you trying to find the Level Selector Easter Egg.

This has me thinking: what about a mini-game of the levels that didn't make the cut or which were revised for the final release? Maybe "Stay Frosty 2: The Lost Levels"?

Most were cut or revised because they were either incredibly boring or unfairly difficult. It would make for a pretty lousy game. But, as Darrell mentioned, when he gets to that point in his blog, you'll be able to try them out.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments and congratulations.

Wow! :o

Congratulations! I've only done that (during testing) with save states.

So... going to write a review for the AA store? :D

Yes! Soon! :)

BTW: How long (~hours) did it take you to get there?

Good question. I'd approximate about 3 hours give or take. A run through of a stage seems to take between 35 and 50 minutes, but I never really kept track. I should find a stopwatch and do a timed run through. I will say that time is critical on the later stages, with speediness being heavily rewarded ;)

Oh, may I now ask a question involving possible hidden things of those that worked on this game :D ?

Since you got the present bonus, you found the 2 hidden Present Rooms.

For the Level Selector, this is a clue on how to trigger it.

That's it for hidden things in SF2, there wasn't room for anything else.

• Like 2

So did you use the level selector for training later levels? And how many hours did you play the game in total?

No, I did not use the level selector. There are many reasons why I didn't, but the main one is it takes away from the fun.

As for how many hours, I am guessing it was about 24 or so, including the final run. There was one previous run where I got to level 127 that took longer, as I had to use both continues. Dying takes up time, especially at the end of some of those later levels.

• Like 1