IGNORED

Translucent Jaguar Console Pre-Orders

Parrothead

Very much agreed on that ^ - The JaguarCD Player would have been awesome in translucent, its really too bad Imagin discarded the moulds for it. :( :(

Oh well, now I have decisions to make, I think I'm a least going to get some cartridge cases, but should I get a clear Jaguar case and try to fix all the screw/support post positions?(there's only 4 tho) and hope I don't super glue it in the wrong spot and that the MoBo doesn't move around/snap a post off when I firmly press a cart in? Idk, i guess if I took my time I could do it. Doesn't really matter about the back being open though. Of course for this to be coolest the console will have to be run without the top shielding in place so all her inside parts, lol, Tom & Jerry & MC68000/RAM/Bios chip, etc. can be seen. :-D Does anyone think it'll heat up more without all the shielding?

Fix all the screw/support post positions ? What is this about super glue ? Are you talking about the clear console shell ?

Well, yeah bro -its a mod job, unfortunately. From what I read, you gotta slice off each of the four posts as close to the bottom of the case as possible with a dremel or something small and thin and then relocate each of the four posts exactly so it lines up with the hole on the other half and super glue them into place evenly and correctly, hopefully not losing any height. Other than that, the case is a go, the back being open is of no consequence. So your going to have to think about how its going to work out and use the proper tools and Crazy/Super glue. The Jaguar logo not being there is a trade off for the clarity, but something cool could always be added later. These are definitely do it yourselfer projects, doing the work slowly and a little at a time it shouldn't be a problem. They will look very cool when done, I'm sure, and I expect to see some great custom console jobs' pics in here. ;)

Well, yeah bro -its a mod job, unfortunately. From what I read, you gotta slice off each of the four posts as close to the bottom of the case as possible with a dremel or something small and thin and then relocate each of the four posts exactly so it lines up with the hole on the other half and super glue them into place evenly and correctly, hopefully not losing any height. Other than that, the case is a go, the back being open is of no consequence. So your going to have to think about how its going to work out and use the proper tools and Crazy/Super glue. The Jaguar logo not being there is a trade off for the clarity, but something cool could always be added later. These are definitely do it yourselfer projects, doing the work slowly and a little at a time it shouldn't be a problem. They will look very cool when done, I'm sure, and I expect to see some great custom console jobs' pics in here. ;)

I did not know you had to modify the console shell .

I did not know you had to modify the console shell .

For clarity (available via the entire 8-pages of this topic)

-

Hey Guys,

I have purchased the Atari Jaguar tooling for a future venture and have been reading how many of you have expressed interest in getting a translucent console shell. I would be able to run these for you at $45 each delivered in the USA (if you are international please email me for shipping cost prior to Paypaling - socalmike@gamegavel.com . Delivery would be sometime late January / early February. This would include the translucent clam shell as well as the translucent button and light pipe.

I am not completely sure at this point if this will include the back panel molding of the console which was removed by the dental company, although I believe we have the tooling to correct it and bring back to the original. I also understand the board posts inside the bottom of the Jag were modified by the dental company, and will try and have this issue corrected and brought original for this mold run although I can't guarantee this yet. My injection molder is looking into these issues when we take delivery of the tooling mid Jan. These will be produced in Southern California. If any of you are also interested in translucent cartridge cases, I can provide those as well for $8 each delivered. Keep in mind this is a textured translucent, not polished/window clear.

Hey Everyone!

Ok, shipping:

Canada: $16 First Class OR $31 Priority Mail

Other International: $24 First Class OR $45 Priority Mail

If you are in the USA, you can paypal $40 for each shell and $8 for each cartridge to admin@gamegavel.com. Please put your quantities and item in the Paypal subject line or message.

If you live outside the USA, then just add your shipping method cost to your order and again, detail the quantities of the items you are ordering within the Paypal subject line or message.

For now, I am not going to do a run of the CD ROM units, as there are quite a few parts involved with that and I've yet to discuss my costs with the injection molder. Might make these available in the future though.

I will begin mailing these in February/March timeframe. Also, I will be able to manufacture the console bottom with backing plastic but won't be able to recreate the PCB post locations because of how the molds were modified. I believe you should be able to cut them away and relocate them IF you know what you are doing? Does anyone who purchased the white molds off eBay have anything to say about doing this? Please help out the others :)

Any questions, let me know. Thanks,

Mike

A very specific number!

Do elaborate...

Well it's my birth date so of course i would get 13! I thought that would have been obvious... :P

Also, totally unrelated ( :-D) but:

1x for clear Jag + Cart set

1x for Skunkboard

1x for same Skunboard should i stuff up encasing the Skunkboard (probability: most probable!)

2x for a friend who wanted 2

8x for... Shh! In due time ;)

Ok! Sunday night here in Arizona(9:10pm) and time is short to the deadline. I have placed my order, finally!

I have ordered 8x(eight) clear Jaguar cartridge shells & 1x(one) clear Jaguar console. :-D

That's: 8x cartridges.

and 1x Jag Console. - I put this same quantity info in my paypal payment to: admin@gamegavel.com

Thanks Parrothead, I've been waiting for this for years, this should make our Jags look really cool!!

Thanks everyone. Still time to get your orders in before I shut it down tomorrow morning. Looking forward to producing these all tomorrow, shipping them out and seeing what you all do with them :)

Thanks! Just checked to see if i can still make the deadline! I'll send another $40 to add one more Jaguar console shell to my order placed the other day (totaling now 2 Jag shells and 13 carts).

Ok! Sunday night here in Arizona(9:10pm) and time is short to the deadline. I have placed my order, finally!

I have ordered 8x(eight) clear Jaguar cartridge shells & 1x(one) clear Jaguar console. :-D

That's: 8x cartridges.

and 1x Jag Console. - I put this same quantity info in my paypal payment to: admin@gamegavel.com

What?! No tears sent for no Jag CD shell??

:-D

Damn, I know I know! Its a letdown, can never have it all I guess, the Jaguar CD Player also in clear would have been just awesome. I don't know why they threw out the molds for it, too much for shipping to sell online i guess, I would have used them, big blocks of steel for a glass coffee table base or something at least. ;-) And then they would still be around. They prolly currently are non-existent either being melted-down or rusting away somewhere, or buried in a landfill.

• Like 1

Payment sent for:

1x Jaguar shell :lust:

13x Cartridge shells :love:

64x tears for no CD Player shell :_(

Ok, just sent another $40 to add a second Jag console shell to my previous order making it 2 console shells and 13 cart shells.

I don't know why they threw out the molds for it, too much for shipping to sell online i guess, I would have used them, big blocks of steel for a glass coffee table base or something at least. ;-) And then they would still be around. They prolly currently are non-existent either being melted-down or rusting away somewhere, or buried in a landfill.

Now you're talking my language! Salvage one way or another for preserving the history. Then again, businesses don't see it like that - more like just a waste of potential space :(

Well, yeah bro -its a mod job, unfortunately. From what I read, you gotta slice off each of the four posts as close to the bottom of the case as possible with a dremel or something small and thin and then relocate each of the four posts exactly so it lines up with the hole on the other half and super glue them into place evenly and correctly, hopefully not losing any height.

Yes indeed - I came to the same conclusion when I got mine, but this is actually not as easy as it sounds as the dremel is not a great precision tool. My current "dental case" jag doesn't quite sit right and requires you essentially depress the entire top case a bit to get the switch to flip. I would love to hear from others who have a cleaner mod. I explored using screw-in posts (standard with most PC mounting boards) but the height is too much.

This is the perfect application for a 3d printed mod, to create some kind of a shim that would sit under the board and allow it to rest solidly once the posts are removed.