IGNORED

Replacing the noisy fan in the PEB

kl99

I ended up using a ac voltage fan as they can run off the same power the old fan did.. and I don't have to jerryrig anything to the 12/5v lines got them at frys https://www.frys.com/product/8726151?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Greg

Folks who have gone this route, how did you fit the 120mm fan into place? The original mounting holes are for an 80mm fan.

I personally just took out the entire original PS and simply dropped in an ATX supply as is case and all. Sure it rattles a bit if the PEB is picked up and shaken, but who really does that with that beast anyway? ;-) There is plenty of space for air circulation and I have not not had any issues whatsoever.

I personally just took out the entire original PS and simply dropped in an ATX supply as is case and all. Sure it rattles a bit if the PEB is picked up and shaken, but who really does that with that beast anyway? icon_winking.gif There is plenty of space for air circulation and I have not not had any issues whatsoever.

Did you go with the "old way" or remove all the voltage regs and jumper?