IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Time for the obligatory 2018 "Stuff I got for Christmas this year" post! :D

PADihsB.jpg

Dino Strike is a game I've been wanting for years and years, so I'm totally thrilled to have it and definitely going to give it a play later tonight. Contra: Hard Corps and Rocket Knight Adventures are just awesome additions to my Sega Genesis library, and while Tanglewood was a gift for the misses we're gonna play it together and trade off the controller between levels so it should be a ton of fun! And the shirt, well... If the shirt fits, as they say. :lol:

• Like 3

Time for the obligatory 2018 "Stuff I got for Christmas this year" post! :D

PADihsB.jpg

Dino Strike is a game I've been wanting for years and years, so I'm totally thrilled to have it and definitely going to give it a play later tonight. Contra: Hard Corps and Rocket Knight Adventures are just awesome additions to my Sega Genesis library, and while Tanglewood was a gift for the misses we're gonna play it together and trade off the controller between levels so it should be a ton of fun! And the shirt, well... If the shirt fits, as they say. :lol:

That shirt is awesome.

Just the other day I bought some TRS-80 Pocket Computer stuff. A book and a program cassette. More stuff I wanted as a kid but couldn't afford or never quite got around to. It's part of my slow acquisition, cost-efficient, lazy plan to fill in some empty spots.

Edited by Keatah

post-29698-0-66582900-1545867315_thumb.jpgpost-29698-0-25945600-1545867354_thumb.jpg

Gifts from Christmas:

Punkic Cyborgs (Air Zonk) for PC-Engine

Kirby: Planet Robobot for 3DS

Metroid: Samus Returns for 3DS

Warioland: Shake-it for Wii

Pacman plug-in-play

What I bought:

Kinetica for PS2

Mace Griffin: BountyHunter for PS2

Call of Duty II: Big Red One for PS2

Machine Hunter for PS1

Favorite gift is Punkic Cyborgs with Kirby: Planet Robobot at #2.

The Pacman plug-in-play is decent and way better than the Atgames version.

• Like 1

Here is a partial list of disks that I have for the Atari ST , I will enclose a wks file use VIP Pro to read it, still working on it, but there is almost 400 entries, I am adding as we speak to it now with my old XP machine and floppy drive. File will be enclosed when I finish cataloging all of my 2000 Atari ST disks maybe 200 of them are originals.

I had similar wow moments except they were on the "hi-res side" so to speak. Seeing graphics in 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 was quite the step-up from what I had going in the 16-bit world.

My first graphics card was a 1MB STB Evolution 16-bit ISA board for my 486. It was based on the Cirrus Logic 5422 chip.

Boca Voyager (VESA local bus) card on our 486 machine. I went from an Atari 130XE, to no computer in 91, to that PC in 94. Talk about a change in technology! Also had CD-ROM and real SoundBlaster 16 card.

Disney Infinity 3.0 and it's playsets are currently REALLY cheap all over the interwebs right now. I'm buying in like it's a Star Wars game to start with. Never played any of the Infinity games before as Skylanders and then Lego Dimensions where pricey enough. Now that the starter is a whole $15 shipped I'm in :) Was also able to pick up Boba Fett at a local Dollarama store for $4. They had a couple others like Zeb and Ezra but I didn't grab them. Hoping the other local dollar stores have other figures.

I recall seeing some for $3 at one of them before Xmas but I wasn't interested in buying until I got the base set the other day so cheap.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.png51k9917sVmL._AC_SX215_.jpg71rQV8c9uUL._SY445_.jpg

If anyone finds a line on really cheap "Rise Against The Empire" playsets let me know!

• Like 1

I didn't have a 4-switch woodie yet.

attachicon.gif49542321_10215465229838487_848808897740275712_o.jpg

Better looking than mine. It was shipped in a box that was too small and without any padding. It was cracked on the right rear corner and it was also scratched to hell. I had to glue the corner back together. But a least it works. But this was 14 years ago back when I knew nothing about ebay refunds.

I made my first gaming related purchase of 2019 this week, and it's one that I'm at pretty much maximum possible levels of excitement about! I've owned a couple AGS-101 backlit Game Boy Advance systems in the past but they both had Chinese reproduction shells and buttons and I really never cared for the cheap flimsy feeling of the shells and poorly cast buttons, so I eventually sold them and decided to keep an eye out for a pristine mint condition Indigo colored GBA with all original Nintendo parts that I could add a backlit screen to myself. After a good year or so of searching I finally found exactly what I was looking for!

For $45 shipped I picked up a gem mint Indigo GBA with zero scratches anywhere on the system and all original Nintendo parts, plus the seller threw in a carrying case and a few equally mint condition games to go with the system. It feels absolutely glorious in my hands, solid and sturdy with nice smoothly cast and responsive buttons, and over the next few months I'll be upgrading it with an AGS-101 LCD screen, BennVenn Voltage Regulator for maximum screen brightness, Audio Amplifier kit from RetroModding.com, and an EverDrive GBA X5 fully loaded with every game I could ever possibly want to play for the Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, original Game Boy, NES, Game Gear, and Sega Master System. That's my gaming project for 2019! :)

y00wraY.jpg

OeZ8h2U.jpg

tl70kxd.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1