IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I remember seeing some of these Apple II boxes when I was a kid at Toys R Us and this local record/electronics store that carried games and computers.  They had them lined up on shelving and seeing the art always sparked that imagination in me wondering how these games looked and played (as often the screenshots were minimal on the back).

Brings me right back for sure!

• Like 3

Wasn't exactly "today", the Freeload Fastload was the most recent and final piece to this puzzle, but this is my last couple weeks or so, super nice C64, heat sinks installed, everything checked internally, it's a beauty, from @onlyinajeep, PSU from Ray Carlson, the SD2IEC from @eightbit, and the Freeload Fastload from RetroRewind-

No lie-it wasn't exactly cheap getting into all this, tho every individual piece was a "good deal", but holy smokes it's worth it, I friggin LOVE this thing!

Got a Concerto recently, even installed my own Pokey from a broken 5200.

Was planning to play along in the Atari PC HSC all season.

Nope.

I'm playing C64.

:)

I really think, with the C64 being SOOO nice(Thanks, Steve!!!), this is about as good a setup as one could possibly ever hope for, the Freeload is an "OMG, just get it" recommendation, again, last piece but it puts the C64 in warp speed, seriously, it's ridiculous.

c64all.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

Wasn't exactly "today", the Freeload Fastload was the most recent and final piece to this puzzle, but this is my last couple weeks or so, super nice C64, heat sinks installed, everything checked internally, it's a beauty, from @onlyinajeep, PSU from Ray Carlson, the SD2IEC from @eightbit, and the Freeload Fastload from RetroRewind-

No lie-it wasn't exactly cheap getting into all this, tho every individual piece was a "good deal", but holy smokes it's worth it, I friggin LOVE this thing!

Nope.

I'm playing C64.

I really think, with the C64 being SOOO nice(Thanks, Steve!!!), this is about as good a setup as one could possibly ever hope for, the Freeload is an "OMG, just get it" recommendation, again, last piece but it puts the C64 in warp speed, seriously, it's ridiculous.

c64all.jpg

Welcome to the C64 club... I just joined it myself a few months ago.

20220401_171359.thumb.jpg.0c8895da4b2f3ccbbb9b568e95a98af4.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/1/2022 at 5:03 PM, Rogerpoco said:

Nope.

I'm playing C64.

c64all.jpg

Nice setup! Does it have the oem power supply or what does it have? Curious because if it's original oem ps, they go bad and damage the computer. Google it or check here in the C64 section. Didn't know if you knew or not. Enjoy!

Edited by thegamezmaster
update
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, thegamezmaster said:

Nice setup! Does it have the oem power supply or what does it have? Curious because if it's original oem ps, they go bad and damage the computer. Google it or check here in the C64 section. Didn't know if you knew or not. Enjoy!

It's a Ray Carlson special!!!

The Guy I got the C64 didn't even send the OEM PS, he knew I'd be too tempted, I think!!!

Thanks for looking out for me!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegamezmaster said:

Good to hear. Glad you have a better ps than oem. Just didn't know if you knew about it. Enjoy!

Ya, I had heard some horror stories-Lol, I waited almost 35 years to get a C64(wanted one when I was 11, my best Friend had one...my Family got me a CoCo2, lol!), no way was I gonna risk burning it(or me...)up!!!

Now if I could just get off the "Games" games(legitimate high scorer here), I could explore the darned thing more!

:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Recent pickups over the last month. Very happy with the Cosmic Swarm variation.  One of the coolest boxes I’ve ever seen. A couple odd things that I picked up just because they were different.  Not sure why.  The Crystal Castles manual and the 7800 Galaga black text box. 

40F09700-2A12-4599-832F-37414DD2809A.thumb.jpeg.4325e358381e29e406504f3710a0636f.jpegB1F1A0E9-71F3-4F7D-B345-7550DE66272A.thumb.jpeg.3f8da779d7954c2b5a31a66b2f1df7b3.jpeg5A8A6118-B50B-490F-8FFA-9E6551C8C8AF.thumb.jpeg.3eeb8e83488eb0a1dd5a3880d2770770.jpegB26C0ABD-3DAF-4666-AE59-419BD5DBDAA2.thumb.jpeg.f05796ca4800b20aff882865ef736563.jpeg8B27DC82-6465-41E8-8AD0-D5B94260BBFB.thumb.jpeg.ea63c37952c5c30d4f49895053e7e3a5.jpeg

• Like 3

In addition to the above items, I picked up a CIB copy of the rare Sears Speedway IV.  The box is a little rough, but still better than my other non complete copy!  Not a huge pong guy, but I love this machine.  

4BC709FB-1FC5-4890-9B95-EFFE3675A4FA.thumb.jpeg.74b6393afadd94542bcc02ed1bb1fd19.jpegD71E954C-C5CB-4588-B1C0-E3A45D0DE7A3.thumb.jpeg.e55f03058a7943405e5f74900279bcab.jpeg

Edited by Atari_Bill
  • Like 3

Eastern Front (1941) cartridge with box, manuals, and map! The first (and so far only) cartridge for the 800 that I own. I look forward to armchair quarterbacking Operation Barbarossa from the comfort of my basement.

image.thumb.png.9923b78d7f38a6d09289d2dbb8a16567.png

Also new today is my little wooden TV tray/retro-computing desk, which I have to say is a game-changer for me.

image.thumb.png.6ec2f97c64a695227f368c5439c92b5f.png

• Like 3

I haven't bought anything for a while, but I got some stuff.

First, new Flowers drama CD, Oxalis no Hanakotoba, released today, so I got that. lol it's 4 hours long again...

Also got a Bluetooth Saturn controller. If you have a Switch and want a Saturn controller, this is the one you want, not the 2.4GHz one, as weird as that sounds.

Also got something super boring in the mail today: the MiSTer USB hub. Yay, how not exciting.

Finally, I bought @LIME LYSTA's Vectrex (!!!!) today. Will be super excited to finally have a Vectrex. Not in a rush to get games right now since I have plenty of stuff coming on the 28th, but I do eventually need some way to play something aside from just Mine Storm.

Pic_0418_990.thumb.jpg.c56bb60ee9fdf400372e46906cea6cfd.jpg

Edited by Steven Pendleton

On 4/18/2022 at 11:41 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

I haven't bought anything for a while, but I got some stuff.

First, new Flowers drama CD, Oxalis no Hanakotoba, released today, so I got that. lol it's 4 hours long again...

Also got a Bluetooth Saturn controller. If you have a Switch and want a Saturn controller, this is the one you want, not the 2.4GHz one, as weird as that sounds.

Also got something super boring in the mail today: the MiSTer USB hub. Yay, how not exciting.

Finally, I bought @LIME LYSTA's Vectrex (!!!!) today. Will be super excited to finally have a Vectrex. Not in a rush to get games right now since I have plenty of stuff coming on the 28th, but I do eventually need some way to play something aside from just Mine Storm.

Pic_0418_990.thumb.jpg.c56bb60ee9fdf400372e46906cea6cfd.jpg

I got the MiSTer USB add-on last week, and it opened a lot of possibilities for me. It's much easier to move it to a new TV, for example, and take the keyboard/gamepads/mouse with.

My DC power Y-splitter cable didn't work, though, so I'd be interested to hear if yours worked!