IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Bought a +/- 950 A8 floppy disk lot. Will be picking it up this afternoon.

I also placed an order for a second Happy from Atarimax for my second 1050.

I also bought an sio2pc/usb and a copy of Ape to convert those 950 or so floppies to atr. I'll post them on my Google Drive once they're done, with a spreadsheet of the content.

I'll also do my 1k+ C64/128 floppies (.d64, .g64, .nib) and also catalog them for archival on my Google Drive.

This and cycling will be my major hobby this spring/summer.

Got my floppies today... here's what about 900 floppies looks like

Even got a brand new sealed box of new floppies. The guy threw in one box of manuals, a box of untested joysticks including the infamous "the stick", and a koala pad also untested but with soft and cart. There's also about 5 or 6 carts.

20210324_173045.jpg

• Like 5

On 3/22/2021 at 8:17 PM, Tuxon86 said:

Got a fridge, an oven, a washer and a dryer.

they won’t play game, but I’ll get chicken wings, beer and clean undies for the next 20 years...

Well, if that's OK, this must be too...seller listed at $400, but we couldnt get it out of his basement in its original 2 pieces, so we gave up.  2 hrs later he called back, he broke it in 4 parts & was free if we came & got it. Each end is a 2-position recliner.

If you're in the St Paul MN area, we're getting rid of an older (but decent) brown recliner soon for free, PM me if interested & you got dibs.

Screenshot_20210324-203520_Gallery.jpg

Edited by RJ
  • Like 3

So my PC Engine Duo RX arrived and it's everything I wished for. Love this system. When I was at the local game store getting a PSU for it I saw they had a bunch of 8 Bit computer games (Atari 8-Bit, a few C64 games) and a bunch of ColecoVision games. I would probably have bought all of the CV games if they had a system there too. As for games I did grab then I bought Gorf and Freeway for 2600 which I didn't have. 

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 2

I really hate my stupid self sometimes.

Behold the XE-1AP. This might be the word's first dual analog controller for consoles and the first console controller that I am aware of that has shoulder buttons, beating the SFC to market. This will work on your X68000, MSX, PC-88, PC-98, FM Towns, and all Mega Drive variants, and as you can see, is officially licensed by Sega and works with a few Genesis and MD games like After Burner II, After Burner Complete, and Musha Aleste, providing full analog control in all of them. This controller likely heavily influenced the Saturn's analog controller, and from there it's a straight line to the Dreamcast controller and then the Xbox controller.

Pic_0328_619.thumb.jpg.015d46308277a0ebe8e398f7fc1c3ee8.jpg

Pic_0328_620.thumb.jpg.d6ca87073456b5498fcbee038a987e50.jpg

In case you didn't already know that I am a huge fan of Terry Bogard, I am, so I also got Terry and some game that he was in.

Pic_0328_616.thumb.jpg.04ef2978e7a92b06e164c661831cd718.jpg

Spoiler

lol time to go on a diet for a while...

• Like 6

Got another Channel F game.  This one is German!

saba.jpg.d8e4f427e87db5129bc2c039987e53c1.jpg

Couldn't resist.  It wasn't released in the US... And it has a little red LED on the end of the cart that shows when it's "thinking".

Tried it today and it works fine on my US Fairchild.

I gotta get one good chess game in soon to justify the expense. It wasn't as much cash as I thought it would be, but it wasn't cheap either.

I actually am looking forward to leaving this on when I have some paperwork to do.  Making a move each time it's my turn and waiting for the Fairchild to crank away each move.

I have good memories that I once stumped a VIC-20 in chess.  Really.. I crashed it.  It couldn't decide if it wanted to freely lose a rook or a bishop to me.  Checked on it after about 6 hours and it still couldn't figure it out.  Kinda better then winning the game if you ask me, and more memorable.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Wow.. I've never heard of this controller and I thought I'd seen it all.  Awesome!

Yeah, this controller was only ever released in Japan as far as I know and they are relatively uncommon. I wouldn't call them rare, but they are not easy to find. It was made by Micomsoft, who developed the Genesis/MD port of After Burner II and later made the XRGB-mini Framemeister. I've wanted one for maybe 2 years now and I actually found this exact controller at least a year ago, but I kept forgetting to buy it until today for some reason.

• Like 2

So I wasn't planning on buying any more rare games after Garou: Mark of the Wolves yesterday, but I found this today.

Pic_0329_623.thumb.jpg.3c7c776a2a9106bf22fc106121f290b1.jpg

You have absolutely no idea what this is, and you'd still probably not know what it is if the label was intact, but fortunately I know exactly what this is: it's Time Dominator for the Mega Drive. I mentioned this game over in the time tracker late last night, and here it is. There was just enough of the label remaining for me to be able to identify it, so I bought it. Someone wrote タゴダネーター on it... I have no idea what the hell a タゴダネーター is and normally I don't buy trashed rare games like this, but boxed copies go for 30000~40000 yen, so for only 3000 yen, why not?

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I bought Aleste Collection on the Nintendo eShop last night though I had to jump through several hoops to get it.

TIL Sega published a Game Gear game in 2020 -- good pickup!

I remember looking at this back when I had a Switch, but being disappointed they didn't have Zanac or any of the 16 bit Aleste titles on there.  If I'd realised GG Aleste 3 was a new title I definitely would have picked it up!

• Like 1

I now have yet another way to play Pac-Man.

20210329_172411.thumb.jpg.4b672e88656912ae879cb29cfca2afda.jpg

By the way, I heard that boxed copies of the Neo Geo Pocket Color version came with a restrictor ring that slotted around the clicky-stick and made it function like a 4-way joystick. I wonder if it is possible to 3d print a replacement.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

ColecoVision.thumb.jpg.654c5b2ec0689bf1430cfb2551eb9661.jpg20210329_004731.jpg.bb57a2c0d8340ebbac408ed9ae4d9824.thumb.jpg.71e1c7e827d00e14568bfc2ed09b0650.jpg

Thanks @GoldLeader for an amazing deal on a ColecoVision console. I'm sorely lacking when it comes to pre-NES consoles (other than 2600) so it will a fun time when it gets here. 

Nice! I really love my Colecovision; I enjoy playing it from time to time. You need to get WarGames; it's like Missile Command but more awesome :) 

• Like 2

@DragonGrafx-16 Also, is it the lighting or does the second controller's silver disc thingy look a bit off?

Mine was missing when I got my Colecovision; I used aluminum tape cut into a circle as a replacement.

I also bought about $50 worth of various resistors, capacitors, switches, and other knick knacks to use in my computer from Tayda Electronics. $32 of that was for the 7 breadboards I thought I'd need. 

Edited by bluejay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bluejay said:

@DragonGrafx-16 Also, is it the lighting or does the second controller's silver disc thingy look a bit off?

Mine was missing when I got my Colecovision; I used aluminum tape cut into a circle as a replacement.

I dunno it's still GoldLeader's house.

• Like 2

I ordered them a week or so ago, but today I got a whole buncha Happ arcade buttons with 20g microswitches in the mail from GroovyGameGear. I put them to good use spending all evening removing the stock buttons from my MVSX and rewiring the it from the stock .110 button connectors to new .187 connectors to work with the Happ buttons. It was a fair bit of work, but definitely a worthwhile upgrade! :)

540571871_20210329_220150_HDR3.thumb.jpg.faa4aeea62ee7ad4b82f35e0c8321ccb.jpg

1165886352_20210330_0043232.thumb.jpg.bc0ea48f8b3db17d36a7398ef1cf67df.jpg

On a somewhat related note, I've actually decided to keep the stock sticks instead of swapping them out for Sanwas. After using them for a week I think these no-name joysticks may be my new favorite joysticks! The circle gate and higher tension spring makes them feel a lot like a Happ/IL Competition stick, I can hit all my moves in fighting games super consistently with them, and I've yet to have a single false input in Ms. Pac-Man (the Speed-Up hack included) with them; and that's pretty much everything I could ask for from a joystick :lol:

Folks who like lighter tension Japanese joysticks will probably want to swap them out for Sanwas, but I really like them and I'mma keep 'em!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

I also bought about $50 worth of various resistors, capacitors, switches, and other knick knacks to use in my computer from Tayda Electronics. $32 of that was for the 7 breadboards I thought I'd need. 

3 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I dunno it's still GoldLeader's house.

Yup!  One of the included joysticks (that came with this exact console) was missing (the top part of) its silver disc,  then when I tried a 2 button game,  I noticed one of the 2 fire buttons didn't work on it so I'm including a fully functional replacement as well (in other words, I'm sending 3 joysticks instead of just 2).  IIRC the one missing its silver still works for 1 button games, and the keypad still works, so better to include it as well, I figured.

• Like 1

Toaplan Shooters Collector's Edition showed up just a few minutes ago!

This box really doesn't photograph well, so I had to hold it in the light.

Pic_0331_629.thumb.jpg.0ae95041f9218846fd7f5b57b681047a.jpg

Pic_0331_625.thumb.jpg.ed7fe15e7373a1fcab33cf86bb7def0d.jpg

Pic_0331_628.thumb.jpg.ee405d71cbc5a3b54732c8c46ea75dec.jpg

Finally, all your base are in 59.92Hz after all of these years. This set was made-to-order, so I hope you bought one if you wanted it. I really wish they'd put in a 5th game, the awesome Slap Fight MD, which is relatively rare and expensive, but they didn't. Still, this is an excellent selection of early MD/Genesis titles, and they supposedly fixed Hellfire so that the music plays properly on YM3438 systems, so it's time to shove the cart in my Nomad and find out!

• Like 3

On 3/29/2021 at 7:40 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

ColecoVision.thumb.jpg.654c5b2ec0689bf1430cfb2551eb9661.jpg20210329_004731.jpg.bb57a2c0d8340ebbac408ed9ae4d9824.thumb.jpg.71e1c7e827d00e14568bfc2ed09b0650.jpg

Thanks @GoldLeader for an amazing deal on a ColecoVision console. I'm sorely lacking when it comes to pre-NES consoles (other than 2600) so it will a fun time when it gets here. 

Mr DO! is fantastic, but you need to get Pepper II & Space Panic as well.

Also, Lady Bug > Mouse Trap

Edited by RJ
  • Like 3