IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 1 = Q*Bert

JacobZu7zu7

clarifications

jumping through enemies: it is OK to jump through the bad guys by timing your jump.

jumping off the top: it's NOT OK to use this glitch or "loophole." (thanks oyamafamily) Waiting at the top for Coily & jumping off to earn points is fine if you're using the flying disc, but not allowed if Q*Bert falls off the pyramid & reappears without losing a life.

bonus: "Big schnoz" and "has a potty-mouth" may be a little relative or ambiguous. if you think we may have shorted you a point, feel free to let us know

• Like 2

post-40055-0-15006900-1421731043_thumb.jpg

As I recall, you have to post pretty quick around here if you want to avoid hanging out in the lower 1% for the entirety of the season. Here's my crack at #15(or so).

post-40055-0-00272600-1421731328_thumb.gif

And, naturally, Ringo, and his schnoz, jumping, which is more or less all he (and the other fab three) did for the length of "Hard Day's Night." Pretty sure he's sworn once or twice, but I don't think that really qualifies. But I'll take jumping and schnoz for 500, Alex.

[Edit: you have to click the picture for the jump. Otherwise, it's just the schnoz.]

Edited by Spacey Invader
  • Like 1

I was able to sqeeze in another attempt. And got an improvement. Reaching the end of the line, though, with the blocks that change back in colour when you jump on them again. As a kid, I think I got much further, but I'm getting old :-).

Q-Bert (1AA): 46,500

Did I mention that Q-Bert is one of only 3 cartridges that are left from my childhood Atari collection?

I'm playing this week on a cart that is in my possession for 31 years!

post-34656-0-61766100-1421746906_thumb.jpg

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 4

Up to 58,075

Did I mention that Q-Bert is one of only 3 cartridges that are left from my childhood Atari collection?

I'm playing this week on a cart that is in my possession for 31 years!

Same here! [well, more than 3 remain from my original collection, but yes!]

I've only owned my copy for 17 years, but since I never had this game as a kid, it's technically my original cart.

post-5573-0-41982500-1421783770_thumb.jpg

post-40055-0-11519300-1421824348_thumb.jpg

Slight improvement that represents my first point of diminishing returns (I tend to have several). Something is something.

Like Scrabbler, I avoided this game for a long time, primarily due to the weird diagonal control. Now, I'm actually enjoying the heck out of this game. Nice choice, Jake and the Baz!

If I had a nickel for every time I plunged poor Q to his death due to improper navigation of the diagonal controls, I'd have about $3.85.

• Like 2