IGNORED

Plugging the hole of the old TI video out.

Omega-TI

With the F18A, I no longer want to use the huge old video cable coming out the back of my TI just to carry the audio, so I was wondering, is there any place that sells a black plug to fill this hole?

If I had a 3D printer, I'd probably try to make one up myself and leave enough room on the back edges to use superglue or model airplane glue to attach it to the inside of the TI's case and leaving a raised area to fill the hole. Heck, I'd probably even drill a hole in it and mount a female stereo jack to carry the audio to my monitor. Doing the mono to stereo conversion in the TI makes sense after all.

mdAPPvc5mlPUrBcEOx15Tkw.jpg

P.s. If you don't mind making holes in the console then ignore the bit about desoldering anything. Your audio jack just needs a suitably sized hole and to be wired to the audio.

Actually, now that I tthink of it, the neatest thing you could possibly do is to make up a single audio cable with a 5 pin DIN on the end of it: no further modification to theconsole, no uunnecessary video cable.

P.s. If you don't mind making holes in the console then ignore the bit about desoldering anything. Your audio jack just needs a suitably sized hole and to be wired to the audio.

Actually, now that I tthink of it, the neatest thing you could possibly do is to make up a single audio cable with a 5 pin DIN on the end of it: no further modification to theconsole, no uunnecessary video cable.

That is my solution. I have a 5-pin DIN with just a single audio out cable with stereo 1/8" (or 3.5mm, whatever) plug on the end.

• Like 3

I don't mind making alterations to my TI, so the plan is:

1) De-solder and remove the 5 pin connector from the motherboard.

2) Solder on an audio jack with a some short leads.

3) Mount the audio jack onto the new case plug.

4) Attach it to the TI.

Honestly, you cant even see the cables on my setup, so it's not about how thick the cable is, it's more about customizing it to use standard contemporary connections and cables, as well as give me something to do with my TI hobby until the next big thing comes out. Besides I just like the idea.

That's what I would do..

You never know if you want to use the power, or ground pin for other projects.. That's why I leave the din as is.

You know, you just gave me another idea, since the TI would already be open, this would be a good time to tap the power supply and add a USB port power socket. (FOR FUTURE USE)

71032.jpg

There would probably be room to mount it on the upper left hand side of the unit, I might even be able to add something like what is pictured below... just for kicks.

elecom-elshining-usb-led-light.jpg

• Like 1