IGNORED

This. Is. The. Best.

LynxVGL

i have never sold one cart!!! . Collectorvision sold them. Collectorvision decided to not produce more than 60 carts Due to that, some people buy the game very big money on ebay or elsewhere. Just by respect for these people and to help to make in sort Collectrovision respect their words ( they tend to forget time to time... ) to buyer. I don't let Gnz to be released.

But i found the solution of Knight'n more , in order to try to satisfy everobody... Gamers , Collectors and speculators... Not a perfect solution but a good compromise i think.

Forgive me but I will never understand this position. Why puts hours and hours into a game SIXTY people are allowed to own and play?

• Like 1

And that was the point I was getting at. Consider the first run to be the Artist Proofs for the collectors who just want to have bragging rights they have something of value and have a general release (cart only) for those who just want to play like the Atari Age store offers.

I want to play the Mattel prototype of "Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man" before I lose interest or die, but the chances of that happening are probably slim to none especially considering the very small number of people that are in possession of a cartridge or rom dump. So seeing as there were 60 carts made of GnZ as well as a number of pirate cartridges made, I'd say your chances are a lot better of one day playing GnZ than mine are of playing He-Man.

I know full well Knights 'n More is not the solution to this dilemna that you are looking for, but it will be a pretty damn good alternative to nothing at all which would mean having to pay dearly to acquire GnZ.

I want to play the Mattel prototype of "Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man" before I lose interest or die, but the chances of that happening are probably slim to none especially considering the very small number of people that are in possession of a cartridge or rom dump. So seeing as there were 60 carts made of GnZ as well as a number of pirate cartridges made, I'd say your chances are a lot better of one day playing GnZ than mine are of playing He-Man.

Jim, you need to get yourself an intellivision and a he-man cart for it. :D

This would be your best solution to playing close to the Coleco he-man proto. ;)

Inty he-man was actually a game I enjoyed a lot back in the day, even if it was a bit repetitive.

Jim, you need to get yourself an intellivision and a he-man cart for it. :D

While I appreciate all the efforts people have made over the years in trying (Cmart, Rev, etc., etc.) to get me to acquire an Intellivision, I just can't bring myself to do it, so emulation will suffice.

And that was the point I was getting at. Consider the first run to be the Artist Proofs for the collectors who just want to have bragging rights they have something of value and have a general release (cart only) for those who just want to play like the Atari Age store offers.

It is exactly why i made Knight'n More. If you play KnM or GnZ , there is no difference in gameplay. just bugs corrected.

It is like if you want buy a Car , you would like the black one but they are sold out and no more will be produced. So the vendor propose you the exact same model with a different color.

• Like 1

If you look at the completed auctions listing, you will see he accepted an offer for $550. That's still a very nice chunk of change for a fairly recent homebrew release and I'm sure others will start considering selling their CIBs... but one big spender is off the books and no idea how many others are willing to spend that much to acquire GnZ.

• 1 month later...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Bros-Colecovision-Game-1-32k-Holy-Grail-Only-5-exist-in-the-World-CIB-R10-/281578119930?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418f5d22fa

Go ahead. Click on it. You know you want to. $6K for Mario Bros. Yup. You read that right. Mu-ahahahahaha.

The craziness continues.

(HEAVY sarcasm is intended throughout.)

Relik raised the price to $10,000!!! Let's not get TOO greedy now!!! Stop making me laugh!!!!

• Like 1

Retroillucid posted the rom image file of this on AtariAge about five years ago if anyone is interested. You just have to put the search function to work for you as I don't recall where it is right now... I think the Homebrew Discussion Forum.

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...