IGNORED

Compact Flash cards/disks size or type?

rockdoc2010

so i got my SIDE2 from lotharek in the mail but i am unaware as to the appropriate size or type of CF or CF drive to use.

I hear tell some persons are using dual cf adapters, microdrives, etc..etc..

Can someone inform me as to what to do? what to buy, limits and expectations?

thank douglas

http://www.amazon.com/Pelican-0940-015-110-Memory-Compact-Flash/dp/B006G5ZVA2/ref=sr_1_24?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1422532871&sr=1-24&keywords=compact+flash+card

so i am thinking labels could be printed, games, programming, art, etc..

does the side2 even have a folder option? or is this going to be just a massive amount of atr's?

Douglas

^^^ That's what I read somewhere... the entire software library for the A8 (world wide) is just under 4GB, so you ought to do fine with that.

I grabbed some 3GB CF Microdrives off of ebay last year, new, for $8 each and free shipping. I use one with my MyIDE2 (similar to the SIDE) and it runs like a top.

Compatibility can get sketchy with MicroDrives. Power requirements are a little different. I'd stick to flash unless you want to experiment.

In the other thread, I described my problems with a 6GB Hitachi CF Type II MicroDrive in Incognito.

It works with Windows, and is seen by FDISK on the 800, but with very wrong (1.4TB) size.

Please let me know if anyone has successfully used a MicroDrive (of any brand or size) with Ingognito.

Thanks.