IGNORED

Bit3 Full View 80 (Under The Hood)

AtariGeezer

I have added Bit3 Emulation to Atari800.

That's great news! Which version, 3.1.0?

Can you provide a link to the documentation for the feature?

Does it fully support everything in the manual, including changing the contents of the font EPROM?

Can it open a secondary virtual 80 column screen? (You can have a 40 column and an 80 Column running simultaneously, with the hardware, as an configuration option, with two physical screens, where the 80 column card displays different information than the 40 column screen.).

Thanks!

Edited by UNIXcoffee928

It's in CVS.

Only one screen can be shown at once. It does support software switching and manual switching (you can use alt-shift-x to switch.) The font rom is loaded from software so it could be modified. What is described in the manual seems to work. I do not have much to test it with. The bit3.com dos xl program worked.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a nice 8021 based design, for sure. It is definitely a simpler design to manage on a card that size, than, say, a 6845 based design.

Why both the 8021 and the 6545... the 6545 should be able to work on its own without the 8021, its just an attributes chip, so is it just producing the blinking cursor and maybe inversed video? Just curious.

Interesting. I now own board with serial 312437.

Wonder if they started with 310000, otherwise one would expect to find some of the other 312436 in practically any old 800. ;)

It's not a prime either, briefly thought they might have used primes as serials to arrive at such high numbers.

• Like 1

Wonder if they started with 310000, otherwise one would expect to find some of the other 312436 in practically any old 800. ;)

It's not a prime either, briefly thought they might have used primes as serials to arrive at such high numbers.

I would definitely agree. I could believe their were perhaps 2500 of these made, certainly not 31,000 on top of that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...