IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Thread for FLAPEE BIRD

Rev

in the original the bird lobs up and down. In this one it doesnt. You dont have room between pipes to allow time to lob up and down in this one.

This seems like a pretty fundamental factor regarding faithfulness to the original. May still be fun, but I was kinda hoping for decently similar gameplay. I suppose it is, just Flapee-er :) I should probably reserve judgement until I actually get a chance to play it, though.

Could someone post some more extensive gameplay footage?

Hmmm. I'm able to lob up and down between the pipes. It's a tight fit but I can. In fact, I can't get through any pipe if I don't.

in the original you lob a lot. Barely lobbing in this one making it much harder cause there is no room to take the time to think/react.

in the original you lob a lot. Barely lobbing in this one making it much harder cause there is no room to take the time to think/react.

When say "between the pipes" are you referring to the space between the pipe above and below or are you referring the space between the current and next pipe. I think we might be referring to different things.

When say "between the pipes" are you referring to the space between the pipe above and below or are you referring the space between the current and next pipe. I think we might be referring to different things.

the space in between the the top and bottom pipes are to tight. Then again the pipe distance should be spread apart more too...

I still like the game so dont get me wrong there. Just explaining differences. My high score on my ipad flappy bird is 168. I will never pull that off on this one.

Edited by pimpmaul69

I received my two copies of Flapee Bird today, along with my two copies of Princess Quest. They were all shipped in one box. This is different from Sydney Hunter and Space Raid, which were shipped separately. I like this shipping method better. The game boxes look great, by the way. Especially Princess Quest. :)

I love Flapee from the shipping, packaging and gameplay aspects.

It is simple yet addictive and the graphics are look to be Nintendo ones on the Intellivision which is great to see that happen.Who would have thought? ;-)

High score 34 so far and I know I can do better ! just need playing time, this game would be great to have a competition for. I would lose, but it would still be fun to see how far someone gets! :thumbsup:

No lobbing? So literally you just move up and down to fit into the gaps?

the bird just moves up and falls down a few pixel spaces. No room for error. It is a good game in its own right as activision made several atari games that were based on points or time that was repetative. I actually enjoy playing these kinds of games and this game accomplishes that and the game is good, dont get me wrong. Im just pointing out the differences between the two.

It was easy for me, just press the 1 button on the controller and stay relaxed. I will pass 100 pipes this weekend, I hope. :thumbsup:

And my son just put the original app on my phone, it is wayyyyyy harder than this is!

Pics or it didnt happen. Internet rule #34