IGNORED

Blog software update (or replacement)?

Nathan Strum

Is Invision's blog software ever going to see any improvements? It's still completely terrible.

Most of the problems that have been plaguing it for years are still present. It's woefully behind proper blog software in terms of features, options, layout, presentation, etc.

Formatting is so messed up, that I'll often just edit complex posts entirely in BBCode mode instead because the software can't be trusted to keep formatting intact. I keep a text file offline of the BBCode version of my To-Do post so I know I can always go back and update it. Once I do post it, the underlying BBCode gets changed by the blog software. Although it displays properly after posting, it can no longer be edited within the blog because the formatting gets hosed. I have to edit, then copy/paste the entire thing out of a text editor for it to look the way I want it to.

It still always scales images, even if it's not needed. In the main listing for my blog, it never displays images. My blog is all about images.

The tag listings have never been fixed. There's no way to migrate tags over to categories. All of the emoticons prior to one of the previous updates were all changed, so any emoticons used in posts or comments make absolutely no contextual sense. There is no way for people posting comments to preview their comments first.

Is there any chance of ditching their software and migrating the blogs over to something else? Their blog software has never been good. It has only ever been, at best, marginally usable.

Formatting is so messed up, that I'll often just edit complex posts entirely in BBCode mode instead because the software can't be trusted to keep formatting intact. I keep a text file offline of the BBCode version of my To-Do post so I know I can always go back and update it.

I've been doing the same thing.

post-3056-0-62627600-1423845978_thumb.png