IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback Upgrade Service

Byte Knight

7 hours ago, Pagasi said:

How do I send in my intellevision flashback the upgrade?

31 minutes ago, TF14 said:

Hi @Byte Knight!

I am looking for both an Intellivision + ColecoVision Flashback upgrade. Can you still do both? Thanks for making this magic happen!

PM's sent!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I received my upgraded Flashback today and I am more than impressed by the professional product and superior service.  Total time from mailing my old, non-functional flashback to return was a little over one week.  This may be due to all the USPS trucks serendipitously lined up, but I'll take it.  The front end is very intuitive and the upgraded emulation totally enhances the experience.  My hats off to Byte Knight for a job well done!  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, jstrotha0975 said:

Hello Byte Knight. How much does this conversion cost and can you do it with a pi zero?

The PiZero can handle JzIntv, but make sure it's a 2 W.  A 2 W is nearly equal in performance of a 3b+.  But I think he uses the 3b+ because his mod design is built around that model.  You won't be dissapointed either way.  The old emulators work great on these Pi units.  It gets tricky once you get in to mid-90s consoles like PS1, N64...etc. just not enough horse power in a Pi (even the 4) to run the graphics on any higher level.

2 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

The PiZero can handle JzIntv, but make sure it's a 2 W.  A 2 W is nearly equal in performance of a 3b+.  But I think he uses the 3b+ because his mod design is built around that model.  You won't be dissapointed either way.  The old emulators work great on these Pi units.  It gets tricky once you get in to mid-90s consoles like PS1, N64...etc. just not enough horse power in a Pi (even the 4) to run the graphics on any higher level.

Is this guy still doing the upgrades? He's not answering me.

3 hours ago, jstrotha0975 said:

Is this guy still doing the upgrades? He's not answering me.

He's a good guy, just give him some time.  If you haven't already, as has been suggested... PM him.

This is a side-gig he has so maybe he's out of town, or a little backed up.  The work is very good from the examples posted, you won't be disappointed.

Edited by IMBerzerk
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, IMBerzerk said:

He's a good guy, just give him some time.  If you haven't already, as has been suggested... PM him.

This is a side-gig he has so maybe he's out of town, or a little backed up.  The work is very good from the examples posted, you won't be disappointed.

Yeah I PM'ed him an hour ago. I need to be more patient, especially since I'm not in a rush to get this done.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jstrotha0975 said:

Yeah I PM'ed him an hour ago. I need to be more patient, especially since I'm not in a rush to get this done.

I have nothing but good things to say about him because he helped me with issues that I had while I was building my own "Ultimate" unit. 

He went so far as to point out what I needed, and sent me the image as well.  A few months later, I had my own Ultimate unit based on an old Sears Super Video Arcade up and running and working great.

It's a fun hobby, and keep in mind, you can add a lot more games to it as well from other systems.  But let Byte Knight explain it better.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...