IGNORED

How to repair the non-working joystick/mouse on Falcon 030 ?

Hello to you all !

My lovely Atari Falcon 030 used to be fully working included internal HDD and mouse port A but a few days ago, I re-set up once again and noticed that joystick/mouse is no longer working properly anymore. So I need to know if anyone who are expert to repair port A ? My friend told , it might do with chip controller BUT I do not believe so, I think the pins is loose inside the case.

My internal HDD is no longer working anymore. I know there are full data on it and need to "saved" them off HDD.

The Return key should only have one rubber cap BTW despite the mold providing space for two of them, but if you try adding a second one, its a lot harder to press this key than any other. This was mentioned in the manual to the (much better) RTS replacement rubber and key caps I once purchased.

The TT Touch upgrade? Yep, I think you're absolutely right about that. Even so, I always added that second

one anyway - kinda liked it, but I'm a 2 fisted, hammering style typist. :)

I don't know whether the TT touch and RTS/have had identical rubber caps. The RTS rubber caps were dark orange, and the key caps were completely different from the standard ones:

http://www.stcarchiv.de/tos1990/images/st_tastaturkappen.jpg

I only have one keyboard with this upgrade - I didn't pay the extra amount for the yellow and orange key caps though, so mine is just grey and ivory.

Hello David,

Is possible for you to take a photo that you did repair the port A on joystick/mouse ? I know it is hard to take a clear photo ...

I did not take any photos of the reapear or video i just got on the hourse and did it, when the cups full off put the key side down

on two blocks if you can to keep it off the table and site the cups back in the key holls. you want have any trubble at all

put your good glasses on peal back the plastic cover to undo the scrows take them all out and do it.

David B