IGNORED

JAGUAR, 3DO, AND THE CDI

AtariORdead

..and, nowhere did I say that. I wasn't talking about broadcasts at all. I've actually had Digital TV owners come to my house and see cable on my old school TV and say.."WOW, That looks GREAT!!" I will tell you that my TV will outlast yours and use less power and satisfy ME!

HAHA bullshit

either that or they are just trying to not piss off there weird friend who asks them over to show off his cable on his old TV.

..and, nowhere did I say that. I wasn't talking about broadcasts at all. I've actually had Digital TV owners come to my house and see cable on my old school TV and say.."WOW, That looks GREAT!!" I will tell you that my TV will outlast yours and use less power and satisfy ME!

I'm not going to debate you about VHS vs. DVD (I don't agree with you), but modern LCD and LED televisions draw considerably less power than a CRT television. Plasma sets (which are on their way out), though, do draw a ton of power.

..Al

• Like 2

Yeah, no harm done.

TBH I probably would not have even really noticed the original comment if it was not the fact you were referencing one of my favorite series of games.

Well, Double Dragon, the fighter for Neo Geo, is my absolute fav fighter game, one of the best Neo-games imHo, and on the top 10 of all my fav games, so it has a ***CONNECTION*** to Neo Geo, if you ask me! (Don't ask.)

I do spit nonsense, a little every day, the world becomes a much funnier place that way. More me.

I also think that tube TV sets look better than digital TV. I think that LCD screens are too blury and Plasma screens are too digital and seperate color too much. I really haven't seen much technical advancement that was worth the change, only drawing out of the consumers money.

I know this guy who knows a VGA converter you will love.

• Like 2

Well, Double Dragon, the fighter for Neo Geo, is my absolute fav fighter game, one of the best Neo-games imHo, and on the top 10 of all my fav games, so it has a ***CONNECTION*** to Neo Geo, if you ask me! (Don't ask.)

I do spit nonsense, a little every day, the world becomes a much funnier place that way. More me.

No thats fine honestly, if you meant a personal connection then its all good.

Itwas just the way it was phrased and I was under the imptession you were suggesting that Double dragon as a game, and Atari as a brand were specially linked in general.

I wanted to turn attention to this fighter, and mention it "out of the blue" off-topic, tying it on-topic with the fact that DD is related to Atari since Atari systems got one/several DD titles (part of its universe on the same "one head - one vote" level as E.T. Pac-Kong and all its inhabitants). After all, I think it got attention in this thread. It deserves that, and was worth the fight.

Going from VHS on a CRT to Blu Ray on an LED is in every sense literally night and day, such a massive improvement across the board, unless your eyesight is completely muffled from old age or other issues.

BTW, to keep my post on track with the topic at hand, it's been several days and I still agree gamewise:

3DO

Jaguar

CDI

Interest:

Jaguar

3DO

Everything other than a CDI

HAHA bullshit

either that or they are just trying to not piss off there weird friend who asks them over to show off his cable on his old TV.

..actually he came over to drink a bottle of vodka with me and to chum up. The T.V. had nothing to do with it. As for pissing me off. I wouldn't. It's simple. Modern technology is CRAAAAAAP! It's not SCOTTISH and it REEKS. LCD T.V.s have a back light that goes out in a few years or less! Modern MP3 players lose the ability to charge and end up in trash heaps, whereas old cassette players can have batteries replaced easily and never skip. Old T.V.s can be repaired easily and last half a century or more. The rudeness and lack of respect of certain people on this forum is truly profound! Saying that the difference is night and day is true. Old tech is better by a massive amount! Old cars still run and get better gas mileage, old T.V.s still work, old game systems still play and are fun without a subscription, old record players still work, old 8-bit and 16-bit computers still work, old VHS tapes still work after twenty to thirty years. If longevity means nothing to you or value for your money, then your argument still has little weight to support that modern tech is superior.

We are talking about 3DO's (mid to old tech), Jaguars, and CDi's. I have ALL THREE and prefer them over modern tech game systems. I don't need a high speed internet connection to use it and I still use my imagination, so it's better to me. Saying what I said is bulls#it is crude, mannerless, crass and obtuse. Show some respect!

I am not a TROLL. I'm a programmer on this forum that makes games I plan to sell. I program and have extensive knowledge to back up my claims. I'm sure that someone that wasted thousands on modern tech is going to support their investment as they wouldn't want to regret the mistake. You will in four years when the thing won't turn on or everything goes DLC and there is nothing to play without a subscription or high speed connection. I will have the books I read, record players, T.V.s that I can repair, cartridge based systems that will likely never die. You can keep up with the Joneses and be broke, but I will have the things I like and know I made the right choice FOR ME!

Edited by Papa

..actually he came over to drink a bottle of vodka with me and to chum up. The T.V. had nothing to do with it. As for pissing me off. I wouldn't. It's simple. Modern technology is CRAAAAAAP! It's not SCOTTISH and it REEKS. LCD T.V.s have a back light that goes out in a few years or less! Modern MP3 players lose the ability to charge and end up in trash heaps, whereas old cassette players can have batteries replaced easily and never skip. Old T.V.s can be repaired easily and last half a century or more. The rudeness and lack of respect of certain people on this forum is truly profound! Saying that the difference is night and day is true. Old tech is better by a massive amount! Old cars still run and get better gas mileage, old T.V.s still work, old game systems still play and are fun without a subscription, old record players still work, old 8-bit and 16-bit computers still work, old VHS tapes still work after twenty to thirty years. If longevity means nothing to you or value for your money, then your argument still has little weight to support that modern tech is superior.

We are talking about 3DO's (mid to old tech), Jaguars, and CDi's. I have ALL THREE and prefer them over modern tech game systems. I don't need a high speed internet connection to use it and I still use my imagination, so it's better to me. Saying what I said is bulls#it is crude, mannerless, crass and obtuse. Show some respect!

I am not a TROLL. I'm a programmer on this forum that makes games I plan to sell. I program and have extensive knowledge to back up my claims. I'm sure that someone that wasted thousands on modern tech is going to support their investment as they wouldn't want to regret the mistake. You will in four years when the thing won't turn on or everything goes DLC and there is nothing to play without a subscription or high speed connection. I will have the books I read, record players, T.V.s that I can repair, cartridge based systems that will likely never die. You can keep up with the Joneses and be broke, but I will have the things I like and know I made the right choice FOR ME!

A bottle of vodka and then to " chum up " ;)

4 years? I have LED tvs still working and LCD ones. My 360 and PS3 are nearing 10 years old without issue.

There is nothing wrong with liking older technology, hell, I love a lot of older tech, but at least I amn ot doing the equivalant of a sad old man and covering my ears and going waah waah waah and closing my eys and desperaetly hoping all the new tech will have dissappeared when I open them again.

The problem with people like you, as in people who get too defensive, and start making outlandish claims is that you tend to take it that one step to far that crosses the line into sillinesss and stops people from being able to take you seriously.

Modern technology is CRAAAAAAP! It's not SCOTTISH and it REEKS. LCD T.V.s have a back light that goes out in a few years or less! Modern MP3 players lose the ability to charge and end up in trash heaps, whereas old cassette players can have batteries replaced easily and never skip. Old T.V.s can be repaired easily and last half a century or more. .... Old tech is better by a massive amount! .... , old T.V.s still work, old game systems still play and are fun without a subscription, old record players still work, old 8-bit and 16-bit computers still work, old VHS tapes still work after twenty to thirty years. If longevity means nothing to you or value for your money, then your argument still has little weight to support that modern tech is superior.

post-19213-0-45090000-1426121835_thumb.gif

post-19213-0-64502800-1426121960_thumb.png

• Like 2

Well, my sundial told me it's about time to stop the madness.

It was hard because all the bizarre comments kept on piling up and I honestly didn't know how to use an abacus to count them all.

Yeah I am being a smartass but stating that everything old is good compared to new tech is nonsense.

I for once do not look forward to go back to candle light to a time where there was no electricity because you know when that was so cool and romantic!!! Wait, he doesn't too as there would be no old console either.

Granted, 8 bits and 16 bits games do tend to work around tech limitation by artifacts and relying on the "blurring"/merging effect done by CRT, so "some selected" gfx effects do not look good on modern displays, but I modded all my consoles to have SVideo (no RGB in NTSC land) and I am happy with the results.

Peace.

Guys, Papa is clearly a troll. Stop feeding him.

I don't believe he is intentionally trolling, as I have spoken to him before he even joined the forum. However, he certainly does have opinions that others will not agree with. I ask that everyone please be polite and engaging, rather than resorting to insults and attacks.

Thanks,

..Al

I don't believe he is intentionally trolling, as I have spoken to him before he even joined the forum. However, he certainly does have opinions that others will not agree with. I ask that everyone please be polite and engaging, rather than resorting to insults and attacks.

Thanks,

..Al

I have no problems about difference of opinions on here, but most of what he's said is factually inaccurate.

Refute his claims with links to demonstrable facts.

..Al

Like I said, I don't feed trolls. NeoGeoNinja backed me up on his false claims about Neo Geo carts and hardware. Everything he said was wrong. It's not my job to educate him with information that can be found in under 2 minutes on Google. He was shown a link that what he said about RAM is incorrect. If you think a hard drive is RAM, you're wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. If he needs a link to show that modern cars are more fuel efficient than vintage cars, I really don't know what to say.

• Like 1

Like I said, I don't feed trolls. NeoGeoNinja backed me up on his false claims about Neo Geo carts and hardware. Everything he said was wrong. It's not my job to educate him with information that can be found in under 2 minutes on Google. He was shown a link that what he said about RAM is incorrect. If you think a hard drive is RAM, you're wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. If he needs a link to show that modern cars are more fuel efficient than vintage cars, I really don't know what to say.

That's fine, and I'm not really disagreeing with you as far as the various facts he's been stating. I just don't feel he's intentionally trolling. I must have missed the line about modern cars being less fuel efficient than vintage cars.

..Al

TBH, I thought the Aventador MPG was way worse than that.

*oh wait, it is... 17 is highway... 11 city? :rolling: - realistically 8 I'm sure...*

Digital is what they think you need to see, decoded and GRAINY!! VHS is NO missing color and therefor, in my opinion, looks better! I've watched a movie like, say..Conan the Barbarian and it has no grainy missing colors that decoding causes or skipping or stuttering that DVD's, etc. can have. If you look at the sky or backgrounds in a VHS movie you can see ALL of the color, not little lego bricks of digitization or missing color. And I said "Superior in NEARLY every way." , like there are menus and you can usually go where you want at any time on a disk.

Sounds to me like you need to get a laserdisc player. You get the higher definition near to DVD but have the incredible analog color still, which also outshines VHS color by a long shot. I still have VHS, CED (best quality analog sound), LD, VCD and DVD players. LD is my favorite because it was the peak of analog tech before everything went digital, so no loss of color and looks virtually as sharp as DVD. I prefer LD to DVD myself. I just like having every video (and audio) format i can, so when I'm out in the world whatever movies on whatever media i find, i can buy and play. I still use 8-tracks too...reel-to-reel to LP, to MP3 for me.