IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 8 = Superman

S.BAZ

2:36

post-40055-0-34127900-1426000489_thumb.jpg

Finally a game that matches my avatar. Now we have to play "Spider-Man" for StanJr (who was on the list the last time this was played!). This is actually the game that drew me into the HSC -- reading the thread by ZE_RO from 2004, and the fifteen pages of suffering, bickering, complaining, camaraderie and mutual effort in helping one another out with strategies for this game made it clear the 2600 HSC is the place for me.

Got stupidly lost on my way to the Daily Planet.

Yellow subway then left! (I know you know this, just wanted to say "Yellow subway then left!")

• Like 4

So the BEST bonus score is Game 9 with 1 match and 0 lives remaining for a total score of 1 or is it Game 9 with 1 match and 9 lives remaining for a total score of -8?

It says "Scoring: for this week's bonus, your score will be the number of matches used MINUS the number of lives remaining, at the end of the game (when you escape with the urn). The lower your score, the better!

So -8 would be better score than (lowest score) than score of 1.

Unless you are using a numeric system where 0 is the minimum and therefore any value positive or negative is greater than 0, thus -8 > 0 < 8 as all numbers decrease to 0. But I'm probably overthinking it. So -8 is on Game 9 is the best possible bonus score. Got it.

:spidey:

Wow! This one is a hard one for me. I usually play without reading directions, but this one really tested my patience. I kind of figured out what to do, but not completely, so I read the directions. Didn't help much...I still can't finish it. I'll give it another try in the morning.

• Like 1

Wow. Got it under 2 mins. I really don't see how it is possible to get under 1 min. It takes (me) 30 seconds to just assemble the bridge and then rounding up the bad guys is a crap shoot and then at least 10 seconds to get to the DP. So 20 seconds to round up the bad guys? Doesn't seem possible.

It took about 50+ games to get this score last night. Luckily the games are super short. But I'm still having fun, so I'm shooting for 130.

post-409-0-37961900-1426082023_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

made 3 tries so far this week

1st attempt: 23:22 -- 1st time finishing it, wondering #?%*@!

2nd attempt: 8:49

3rd attempt: 4:32

karo & Cafeman pretty much summed up my experience with Superman, I never played it other than flying around aimlessly thinking "this game sucks!"

looking forward to more attempts...

post-34560-0-89062100-1426138506_thumb.jpg

post-34560-0-76140400-1426138523_thumb.jpg

post-34560-0-38033000-1426138540_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

HH BONUS: Game 5, 8 matches used, 6 lives lost. (3 lives remaining)

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the SUPERMAN week. & yet, if you excel at Haunted House, you can actually score higher than someone who's good at Supeman...during Superman week.

Edited by RJ

Finally played a couple rounds last night. We didn't have this game back in the day so it's taking me a bit to figure out the world.

post-3056-0-02964700-1426169710_thumb.jpg

I'm still recovering from the weekend, was in San Antonio visiting a friend who helped me update my Vectrex. The screen needed adjustment and I wanted to put the De-Buzz circuitry in there. He said we should re-cap while we had it opened, so I ordered the three Vectrex kits from Console 5.

post-3056-0-54219500-1426169788_thumb.jpg

Turned out great, but took way longer than we expected so I didn't get home until after midnight Sunda. Between that and the time change, I've been dragging ass all week :sleep:

• Like 3

3:48

4th attempt (& there ended my improvement-streak)

on my 6th attempt I did a little better but I forgot the exact time & don't have my pics with me

after about 30 or so more attempts I got it down to under 3 min. & was happy with that for today ;)

Back with my pics tomorrow!

post-34560-0-46578100-1426318698_thumb.jpg

Edited by S.BAZ