IGNORED

Intellivision Roms - Zombie Marbles and Shape Escape

Rev

Hello!

Would this size of font type be better for y'all?! (18 pt)

I used the larger 24 pt size for high visibility (easier on poor vision eyes)... .

Thank You!

PS.: I use BOTH an HP Pavilion desktop AND a Toshiba Satellite laptop for my Internet research.

That does fit more nicely on the screen. :)

One handy trick: In Firefox, at least, you can zoom a webpage in and out by pressing [Ctrl] and either plus or minus. (Specifically, the plus/minus keys at the top of the keyboard near Backspace, and not the ones on the numeric keypad.) [Ctrl]-[0] resets the size to 'normal'. Again, the [0] key at the top of the keyboard, not on the keypad. I find that super useful on sites whose text shows up in a super-tiny font.

This trick happens to work in the version of IE on my work machine too. (IE8, since I don't really use IE for anything except backward and old websites anyway.)

One nice aspect of the zoom feature is that it zooms everything on the page, including other folks' posts, icons, and text boxes. I have pretty decent eyesight with my glasses on, and even I occasionally find myself using the zoom feature to try to make heads or tails of some of the smaller icons on various web pages.

EDIT: Also, pressing [Ctrl] and using the scroll wheel, if you have a mouse with a scroll wheel, has the same zoom-in / zoom-out effect.

Edited by intvnut

• 4 months later...

Maybe Mr Doherty will polish them up and work with Elektronite for a release, as he has done with Old School and Kroz? Sounds feasible.

I've no desire to update these roms. They were never meant to be completed games but rather were attempts to come to terms with programming in assembly. The coding is hideous and buggy, but at their very least they led to my later projects.

Shape Escape is merely a stripped down Bejewelled rip-off and Firegirl was written before I properly understood the Intellivision's video display properties (some may say I still don't understand 'em. ;)

These roms are 'as is' although playable in a limited capacity. Maybe they'll serve as examples for new programmers intimidated by Joe's SDK -- to see what a relatively inexperienced programmer can come up with after six month's worth of hair-pulling and nail-biting.

Thank you Mr Doherty! I remember going to your page years ago, it is very sad to see so much of the old internet lost to the sands of time except for a few screen grabs here and there. I think I came across Joe's Left Turn Only page years ago from a "web ring" for Intellivision. Those late 90's early 00's websites rekindled my love for the console!