IGNORED

10 games away from a retail Jaguar collection

LynxJagLunatic

That is the hardest part about full collections, those last few pricey titles. I've got a complete Lynx collection, there aren't really too many expensive ones there other than the later Telegames releases but they're still mostly reasonable. I'm getting to the point on my 7800 collection where the expensive titles are mostly what I'm missing. Same with my 32X and Virtual Boy collections, I can't see myself ever completing the VB collection unless I happen to get lucky on a few of the JP games. You can't go wrong with a Lynx library, still one of my favorite systems to play.

• Like 3

Serblander, I'm missing Defender 2000, Double Dragon 5, both Pinball games,Braindead 13, Fever Pitch Soccer, Attack of the mutant penguins, Iwar, Ultra Vortek and Missile Command 3d. If I include the Telegames releases then I am missing a lot more but I've only considered the before the merger releases.

Edited by LynxJagLunatic

Serblander, I'm missing Defender 2000, Double Dragon 5, both Pinball games,Braindead 13, Fever Pitch Soccer, Attack of the mutant penguins, Iwar, Ultra Vortek and Missile Command 3d. If I include the Telegames releases then I am missing a lot more but I've only considered the before the merger releases.

That's not too bad actually :) I expect DDV* to be cheap as its such a (IMHO) crappy game. Fever Pitch cheap too. I-WAR i am surprised at going up prices. UV i haven't noticed in ages so can't comment price wise.Pinnie games aren't THAT expensive considering (esp if you want to clean up the set). D2K has been hiking and hiking upwards (always lots of Minter fans, and rightfully so) so i don't think that will go down anytime soon. Then again, you can always luck out with a freshly offered BIN price from time to time (on most items). MC3D is pricier as well but as madman said, BD13 will be your white whale amongst that lot, especially if you're collecting CIB and ESPECIALLY so if you want the Long Box release. In any case, congrats on coming this far and good luck with the rest :)

*God, whenever i use the acronym for Double Dragon V i'm always reminded of that scene from Orgazmo « DVDA :D

Edited by Serblander
  • Like 2

Wow, I-War really jumped in price lately. You can get a new Fever Pitch Soccer for $30 from B&C, which isn't too expensive in terms of Jag prices if you're doing CIB. Braindead will probably be the hardest game to find.

I bought quite a few of those from some videogame liquidators site in the US years ago, just because I was buying masses of Lynx stuff and thought why not as they were dirt cheap. Don't think I ever even opened one up, probably still got them or most of them in the loft somewhere.

Edited by sh3-rg

I'm missing 10 as well

Atari Karts, Breakout 2000, Defender 2000, Double Dragon, Fever Pitch Soccer, Fight For Life, Intl. Soccer, Power Drive Rally, Rayman, and Super Burnout. I just bought Wolfenstein, but it hasn't come yet.

(11 if you count Air Cars!)

I am also not counting the CD games, as I don't have a Jaguar CD player.)

Edited by atari2600land

Hmmm. Not too sure how many I have left to 'get'. As a list based on personal tastes etc:

Air Cars (some version of it, at some stage)

Atari Karts

Breakout 2000

Hyperforce

Impulse X

Mad Bodies (unobtainable vs how much I'm willing to pay for ANY Jag game)

Total Carnage

Towers II

Worms

I'd pretty much call it a day after grabbing these :)

I'd like Battlesphere too, but it's just not a realistic goal for me...

The sad truth is I had about 6 of these missing games during my first run of Jaguar collecting back in 1995 then I went to the dark side and sold all my Atari stuff for a PS1. Been back into collecting Lynx and Jag since 1998. Although I loved my PS1 I've always regretted selling my Lynx, Jag and 7800. If I never acquire these last 10 games that's ok I am happy with what I've been able to get.

• Like 1

Hmmm. Not too sure how many I have left to 'get'. As a list based on personal tastes etc:

Atari Karts

Breakout 2000

Hyperforce

Impulse X

Mad Bodies (unobtainable vs how much I'm willing to pay for ANY Jag game)

Total Carnage

Towers II

Worms

You'll probably want to jump on Impulse X now while copies are still available.

Let's see, I neeed

Breakout 2000. In the mail

Hyperforce. In the mail

Impulse X. In the mail

Mad Bodies

Total Carnage

Ultra Vortek

Kasumi ninja

Protector se

NBA jam

Missle command 3d

I thinks that's it for cartridges. No, iron soldier 2 also

Wait list for another world and elansor too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

You'll probably want to jump on Impulse X now while copies are still available.

Who sells the cart now apart from Nick? Anyone? Anyone? ...

As mentioned just some few weeks ago here in the Impulse X thread

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/190003-impulse-x/?p=3198560

you can get it from me - the developer.

And although there was a small hype recently, i still have some copies of the cartridge version (and of the CD version too).

I know that there are reasons why people prefer to buy from a vendor, but there are also reasons why vendors don't have products in stock all the time.

Happy Easter!

Matthias

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Update - still need

Mad Bodies

Total Carnage

Sky hammer

Soccer kid

Rayman

Iron Soldier 2

Black out

Another World #200 on wait list

I thinks that's it for cartridges.

Just got Jhl15 and elansor recently!

I feel that my Jaguar collection is "complete". If you step away from the forums for a few months, you may miss a homebrew or self-release. I don't consider these essential, particularly if they're limited. If it seems like an interesting title and I happen to catch it, I'll pick it up. At this point, unless Songbird puts out another lost game, the next Jag title that I'm likely to spring for is Rebooteroids.

• Like 1

Iwar is definitely worth getting, in my opinion. It's one of my favorite games on the Jaguar. Defender 2000 is also AWESOME... well worth it. Ultra Vortek is also a must-have on the Jaguar. The others, you could do without.

I discovered that I am 10 games away from completing my retail Jag collection.

That sounds so strange to me people who speak about Jag games like Pokemons: catch them all...what for? why to buy all the existing Jag games if at then end you just spent a lot of money for games you owe nt for what they are but because they were on a list?