Shawn

Which version of Pacman do you like most?

Which version of Pacman do you like most?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Which version of Pacman do you like most?

• Pacman
    • Ms. Pacman
    • Jr. Pacman
    • Baby Pacman
    • Other (please specify)

Doesn't matter what system, pick assuming it's the best version of each game (or best version in your opinion).

I pick Ms. Pacman on the Genesis. I like it more than other versions as it has an ending.

Ms. Pac-Man on Commodore 64. Of all the early 80s home versions, this one is closest to the arcade. A fine port.

I despise all of pac-man except for Snack-Attack and Microwave, both on the Apple II.

to a lesser extent I enjoy the VCS version. I kid you not. Me and my buddies would take turns clearing 1/2 of the board.

I enjoy all the arcade games provided they run the Turbo chip (except Baby Pac-Man where I don't believe Turbo was ever made).

Worst Pac-Man of all time is the original Pac-Man released for the VCS - absolutely dreadful.

I voted Ms. Pacman... it's never disappointed me. It was also my first arcade gaming experience. A cocktail cabinet at Barleycorn's in Northern KY. Sometime in the early-to-mid '80s. I think it ended up a few miles up Dixie Hwy at "SubStation II" decades later

Because of that love, I've fed a lot of quarters into Ms. Pac-Man machines over the years.

Actually, I believe I like the isometric Pacmania with the jumps more than the classic 2D Pac-Man versions.

• Like 2

Does PMP Pacman Collection (7800) count? :P

For period releases, I'll have to go with the Tengen port of Ms Pacman for NES.

Edited by stardust4ever

Can't beat Ms. Pacman arcade. I always love seeing the Ms. Pacman/Galaga cabinets at bowling alleys and such.

I also like Pacman Championship DX. The intense speed of it makes it really fun. It feels like Pacman on drugs.

I liked Pacman for many years, but after I played Ms Pacman I found this one more polished and challenging.

I really love Ms. Pacman in hearts mode..

My favorite Pacman for the 2600 is Pacman 8K

Edited by Papa
  • Like 1

I really love Ms. Pacman in hearts mode..

My favorite Pacman for the 2600 is Pacman 8K

I was playing the 8k Pacman v3 earlier tonight. So arcadey it's unreal. Now I wanna change my vote from Ms Pacman to Pacman, but I can't... :sad:

So add one to Pacman, take off one for Ms Pac. But they are both awesome...

Edited by stardust4ever

i voted Other because my favorite Pac-Man titles are Pac-Man Arrangement (Arcade), Pac-Man VS (Gamecube), and Pac N Pal (Arcade).

It was hard choosing for me between Pac-Man for the VCS and Super Pac-Man for the arcade, but I chose "Other" and went with Super Pac-Man. That's the game I've been able to get the farthest in! I do like, however, how VCS-Pac-Man sounds like he says, "F*ck you ups" as he eats the nasty ghosts...big lebowski style.

• Like 2