IGNORED

Cleaning Atari House

ShosMeister

A quick heads up to see if there is any interest. If not, guess I'll start tossing things as I get them done.

I have all of my original equipment from 1981 - yes, 81. Also have 8 or so flip-files of disks. Going through and copying them off to .atr files to put on my RetroPie.

Also have all of the OS books and a number of odds and ends - koala pad, joysticks, etc.

Just finished copying the first batch of original Antic disks so they are getting put into the done box. Have a lot of other "bought" disks that will be going too.

Most of my code/disks will probably just be tossed but if I find some of the better utilities/stuff that I wrote, may be willing to let those out in the wild too.

Hardware wise: 800, 130XE, 810(Happy), 1050, Rana, 410, RX-80, 850. I'm sure I'll find some other stuff as I go through it.

So is there still any interest in any of this stuff or start a box to send to recycler in the area?

BTW, RetroPie works great in case anyone was curious. :)

Please don't throw anything out. If you have disks or cassettes please consider selling or donating them to be archived. There are a number of people, including myself, on this board that archive Atari software. Please PM one of us so that we can archive what you have.

Allan

Appreciate all the responses and just know that I would much rather give it to a good home than toss it.

I will post pictures and more details when I start having items ready. I will be using the hardware - parts and pieces - for a bit until I get all my disks/cartridges copied to .atr and .bin files to put on my RetroPie.

I will definitely post more as I have things "ready". Just wanted to put a feeler out to see what interest there may or may not be.

If someone could tell me how to go about printing out program listings from APE, or emulator in RetroPie (doubtful), I could probably get the RX-80 ready to go too. Keeping it just in case I want to print something out but figure there has to be a way to convert a program listing to a straight text file to print "normally". Any way to get an Atari font loaded so control and inverse characters print out correctly?

MMG Accounts Payable, Receivable & Inventory along with docs.

SynFile+ - pretty sure I have Financial Wizard, Text Wizard and Spell wizard too but can't find the original disks/docs for those.

Flight Sim II w/3 scenery disks and MicroLogic joystick with controller disk, all original box, maps, books, etc. - having trouble making .atr files out of these if anyone has any hints.

1050 Drive that has one of the 6800uF capacitors that needs to be replaced; original box, PS.

2nd 1050 Drive; think it may be Happy but haven't fired it up.

Currently managing to image everything with the 810 Happy and Rana so don't see a need for these two.

Edited by ShosMeister

ShosMeister

I've PM'd you an update re: the 810 - can really only afford postage for single item to UK - therefore please keep the Rana for me and the 810 can go to any other good home

Just to update, appreciate the PMs and I'm trying to keep them in order for duplicate requests. What I have available right now was posted above and I'll add to it as I go. Probably mostly software for the immediate future until I get around to doing the carts - need to remember how to do those. If you have a definite interest, please let me know order of preference so that I can try to be fair. Also, if you have a price in mind as I've yet to research any prices on this.

Just in case anyone is wondering, the only software I will be letting out is original disks, boxes, books, etc. No copies that I can't find the original. But, if I have the original, I'll include whatever backup copies I made just in case one or more of the disks gets damaged.

Will probably take me a while to go through most of my disks because it's code that I wrote and most in various stages of completion. If I find some that I think may be useful to the community, I'll figure out somewhere to post the .atr files for them.

Bad news is that I'm being sent TDY for 2-3 weeks so won't be able to work on anything until I get back :( Going to try to get a lot done this weekend around my homework for online course I'm taking.

Thanks again for the interest!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not dead :) I've been out of town for work. Finally back - hopefully for a bit - and will be getting back to cleaning up/copying disks and such.

As I mentioned above, there are a few things that I've already cleared to go. Let me know if anyone is interested in those and I'll work on getting them out. If not, will be starting a recycle bin.

Books? Yes, haven't sorted through them but I know I have all the original OS/Hardware books/schematics as well as Basic, DOS, and a whole bunch of others. Keep in mind, this is where I learned to program so I have pretty much everything from back in the day. Enough to where I wrote my own keyboard buffer routine for the OS and my own DOS that handled 15 char filenames and (I think) was case sensitive. Obviously lost some storage space but.. Have now idea if I can even find those disks though; just saying for a bit of context as to the extent of what I have.

What would be better? Edit the first post with a list of what's available when I get it and note when it's gone or just put new posts when stuff comes available?

Why not both? That way you can bump the thread when you have an update, and people who enter on page 1 will have the most updated info as well.

This is what's up for now until I get a better idea:

Thought I had a bunch of the Antic/Analog mags but can't find them - still a box or two in the garage though. Did find the Antic disks; 09/1985 -> 12/1986.

Educational Software's Tricky Tutorials 1 through 6 including the original binder and docs.

Koala pad w/stylus, Micro Illustrator & Spider Eater disks, all books.

Avatex 1200 modem - didn't fire it up but can.

MMG Accounts Payable, Receivable & Inventory along with docs.

SynFile+ - pretty sure I have Financial Wizard, Text Wizard and Spell wizard too but can't find the original disks/docs for those.

Found Financial Wizard original disk.

Flight Sim II w/3 scenery disks and MicroLogic joystick with controller disk, all original box, maps, books, etc. - having trouble making .atr files out of these if anyone has any hints.

1050 Drive that has one of the 6800uF capacitors that needs to be replaced; original box, PS.

2nd 1050 Drive; think it may be Happy but haven't fired it up.

Conversational Italian cassettes.

Probably don't need the RX-80 as I can see being able to copy/print everything from PC???? Now need to find an atari font I guess.

Looks like Phantasie I and II are done - can't fire them up in APE but ....

Eternal Dagger

Gemstone Warrior

Wizards Crown

Alternate Reality - City

Autoduel - can't find the box but all books.

Note exactly related but... a bunch of TSR D&D books/maps as well.

Edited by ShosMeister

Appreciate the interest but think it would be fair to keep conversations here that way everyone knows what's gone and left. re books:

GONE: 400/800 Technical Reference Notes

GONE: 400/800 Operating System Manual (source code)

GONE: 810 Field Service Manual

GONE: Happy 810 Installation Manual

Binder of old Byte programming articles.

400/800 DOS II Reference Manual
800 Owners Guide (glossy)

410/800 Glossys

Inside Atari DOS

==== ADDED 20150601 ====

GONE: Compute Second Book of Atari

GONE: Compute: Mapping the Atari

GONE: Compute: Atari Basic Source Book

GONE: Atari: Atari Basic

I can try to get pictures if you want and I'm sure I'll find more as I go. If interested, give me a price and of course shipping estimate.

Edited by ShosMeister

• 2 weeks later...