IGNORED

Star Trek or Star Wars?

Shawn

Star Trek or Star Wars?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek or Star Wars?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

This poll is a bit polarizing.

I realize that. I love both myself. I picked Star Wars but that is just today's sway, tomorrow it very well could be Star Trek.

I really like making people choose one or the other in some polls. Hard choices make you think.

I've got Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi pretty much memorized but I don't remember every episode of Star Trek. So, based on that, if I had to pick one franchise to keep me entertained I'd have to got with Star Trek. Specifically the Next Generation. Engage.

Star Wars is realistic,

Star Trek is optimistic..

..I could never pick between the two as I love them both, much like my children, equally.

Star Trek is a future I would love to participate in, although Star Wars is likely a reasonable past for a massive unfolding universe.

I like to think that once Star Trek went dimensional it lost a bit of it's flair, as some may feel about Star Wars when going blue/green screen. I really love everything to do with Star Wars, even Droids and Ewoks. I find that Star Trek the original series and movies are my favorite, followed by TNG with the offshoots trailing. Star Trek Enterprise was so awesome and so short lived. I loved how the the theme song went country after the second season (my wife and I went stupid for that show when it was on Netflix) and how they had an Angelina Jolie clone named Jolene!?! The tension between T'Pol and Trip was palpable!

I AM a Jedi, but I also call my home a 'ship' and I'm the captain here on a decades long mission to raise children!?! My family loves both Star Trek and Star Wars!! For every reason I could cite for liking one, a reason to counter balance in favor of the other would appear.

I think that a ship with C3PO (Seethreepio, if you're hardcore) crashed near Skywalker Ranch long ago and was found by George and that Star Wars is actually the true history of OUR galaxy! Long, long ago our galaxy WAS far, far away, so there's no reason why it couldn't be our galaxy it's talking about! Also, in the video game (by Lucas Arts) called Maniac Mansion an alien ship crashes near the house at the beginning of the game. The house in the game is modeled after Skywalker Ranch! The home was called the Lucas estate before George Lucas ever bought it!! :-o

• Like 1

Star Trek at its best far exceeds Star Wars for me.

Unfortunately with that many movies and episodes there are entire seasons worth of stinkers. Take the good with the bad I guess.

We really need a new Star Trek TV series.

• Like 1

I like both (or at least parts of) - both have forgettable movies and offshoots.

The problem with SW though for me is that practically nothing outside of Ep 3 through 5 interests me. 6 has it's moments but gets too cutesy and annoying. 1 and 2 were both a case of me watching them and 20 minutes into the movie wishing it'd hurry up and finish.

ST - the first new movie is the only of them I've watched and although I found it OK haven't been compelled to watch it again. The older movies the odd/even theory applies with 1 being too drawn out and boring, 3 a bit meh, 5 a bit lame, 7 (Generations) just plain underwhelming given the potential they had with most of the actors from TOS/TNG present.

But throw in the TV shows, there's just so much viewing. SW is essentially less than 8 hours of worthwhile material where ST and it's offshoots provides hundreds of hours of worthwhile viewing. OK, there's plenty of poor episodes too, especially with TNG series 1 and 2 containing plenty of duds but overall the good outweighs the ordinary and bad by a decent margin.

I like both (or at least parts of) - both have forgettable movies and offshoots.

The problem with SW though for me is that practically nothing outside of Ep 3 through 5 interests me. 6 has it's moments but gets too cutesy and annoying.

If 6 was remade with Ewoks that resembled some of the artists concepts it would be FAR less cutesy! When I saw the original art for the Ewok I would totally believe that they would rip the Empire a new one, no problem! Although I can't seem to find that art online, I know I have it put back somewhere and will take a photo and put it up! They are taller, but hunched down. They had longer, thinner limbs and a much fiercer demeanor.

I like Star Wars, a lot. Especially the original trilogy. I love Star Trek. The original Star Trek series is my favorite television show ever. The Menagerie is my favorite episode (or two) of television ever. And Star Trek: The Motion Picture is probably my favorite movie of all-time, with Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan coming in at number two. So it was really an easy choice for me.

Love both - picked Trek. I think it has been more influential and there always seems like there is something learn from Star Trek. Even if it is as simple as a realization that there didn't used to be black women on TV in positions of authority. "Hmmm . . . they did that, cool" I find myself thinking that all the time when watching Star Trek.

• Like 1