IGNORED

The Official Turbografx 16 Thread!

Definitely want both of these. Too bad I don't use Facebook, but I guess I can find some other way to contact them. Glad they did decide to produce both of these after all.
I believe they are in Taiwan but they will ship to Japan. Unfortunately they won't have the logos for legal reasons. This will probably be the same for everyone but the thread doesn't specifically say so...
15225df1438b2246664137d50f36f77a.jpg

If they are only going to make around 100 then you'd think they wouldn't worry about that since they will not be selling any more and the first wave would surely not get impacted.

8 minutes ago, CZroe said:

I believe they are in Taiwan but they will ship to Japan. Unfortunately they won't have the logos for legal reasons. This will probably be the same for everyone but the thread doesn't specifically say so...
15225df1438b2246664137d50f36f77a.jpg

If they are only going to make around 100 then you'd think they wouldn't worry about that since they will not be selling any more and the first wave would surely not get impacted.

So you'd think. Too bad no logos, but I don't think it would be a problem to get a transparent PC Engine or CoreGrafx logo. I'd REALLY be interested in a transparent SuperGrafx case, though I doubt that they would be interested in making something like that. I do not have a regular PC Engine, though, since I decided to get the more useful CoreGrafx as my starter PC Engine, so I'd need to get a CoreGrafx case.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 1

So you'd think. Too bad no logos, but I don't think it would be a problem to get a transparent PC Engine or CoreGrafx logo. I'd REALLY be interested in a transparent SuperGrafx case, though I doubt that they would be interested in making something like that. I do not have a regular PC Engine, though, since I decided to get the more useful CoreGrafx as my starter PC Engine, so I'd need to get a CoreGrafx case.

He said he's looking into modifying the shell design to fit CoreGrafx. If he does, CoreGrafx would be the better one to use since you won't have to look through the clear shell at a bodged-on mini-DIN RGB/AV mod. ;)

Just now, CZroe said:

He said he's looking into modifying the shell design to fit CoreGrafx. If he does, CoreGrafx would be the better one to use since you won't have to look through the clear shell at a bodged-on mini-DIN RGB/AV mod. ;)

I don't modify any of my consoles, so it would be stock, either way. That would mean I'd have a CoreGrafx in a PC Engine-shaped body, though, which would be interesting.

Clear is nice and all, but HuDebug has my attention far more.  I'm curious to see how that shakes out from price to performance.

Same, but I've literally been waiting years since before UGX-02 and Super SD System³ existed so I almost expected them to abandon it after those landed. Glad to hear it's not totally dead. atariage_icon_smile.gif

I've been delaying buying the Turbo Everdrive for some time, partially because of HuDebug. I'd still need the SSDS3 for RGB, but for the GT we are still stuck with the Everdrive. I wonder how well it would work with the LT. I know there is some issue with using the SSDS3 on the LT because it doesn't pass the CD audio through into the LT or something like that. Apparently it's possible to fix it on the actual SSDS3 hardware without making any changes to the LT, but I think neodev said it's not worth the time/effort to implement on their end.

11 hours ago, CZroe said:

Same, but I've literally been waiting years since before UGX-02 and Super SD System³ existed so I almost expected them to abandon it after those landed. Glad to hear it's not totally dead. atariage_icon_smile.gif

Well if I were them I'd consider myself the one with the superior product.  The others are locked into a specific set of systems they work on, this though if it has a HuCard slot, potentially, it works.

Last time I had eBay Bucks expiring I grabbed a loose Daimakamura for SuperGrafx for $80. I wanted to have at least one cased SGX game so next I turned my eye on the cheapest one, Battle Ace.

The cheapest cased Battle Ace around when I started looking was ~$20 but someone with a loose copy also had a cheap System Card 1.0 I needed for Altered Beast so I added both to my watch list. As I watched the seller kept cutting the price on both and my eBay Bucks weren't available yet anyway so I just kept waiting. Unfortunately, the System Card sold and the seller updated everything to $20 DHL shipping when Japan Post supposedly stopped shipping to the USA. All his items we only $2-$3 to ship before. atariage_icon_sad.gif Guess I'm no longer interested in his loose Battle Ace even though it dropped all the way to $5.59.

Well, now eBay is running a promo that expires today to earn extra 5% Bucks and my eBay Bucks earned in February are now available to spend. This prompted me to see if I could still get Battle Ace for $20 or less. In the process I found this under-priced bundle of loose SuperGrafx games...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372977800857

7989cd074b05b9bf8dc6306dea0c5477.jpg

Somethin' ain't right. I've literally seen loose copies of Daimakamura sell for twice that price, and here this one is bundled with another SGX game.

Though I was looking for a cased copy of Battle Ace, I can't ignore that deal. Looks like I'm spending my eBay Bucks on SGX Daimakamura twice in a row! Obviously, I don't need two copies so I'll whip up a replica case for it the same time I do mine and find someone interested. You know: Add value instead of just being an opportunistic reseller. atariage_icon_smile.gif

I'm tempted to wait until we get more details about the Analogue Pocket since I'm still hoping for surprise PCE/SGX support... if not from Analogue then from the community. Of course, community support is one thing and official support from Analogue with a PCE adapter is another entirely, so I'm probably pie-in-the-sky dreaming at this point. atariage_icon_sad.gif

Anyway, I also picked up a second copy of CD-ROM² Altered Beast since this looks like the variant that works on System Card 2 and up. It's more expensive than getting a System Card 1.0 but I thought it would be cool to demonstrate the difference. atariage_icon_smile.gif

f079024eb2b32f27057d5ec10ae7a760.jpg

I'm told that the large dot to the right of the text on the disc is probably what indicates this is the revised version.

Surprisingly, both sellers I shopped with today were already in the USA. Typically the best deals require waiting for International shipping from Japan. Pleasant surprise!

Well if I were them I'd consider myself the one with the superior product.  The others are locked into a specific set of systems they work on, this though if it has a HuCard slot, potentially, it works.

Definitely, but they went radio-silent for a while when two other ODE projects were released (UGX-02 and SSDS³) and two more were in the works (Duenan and ElectronAsh). ElectronAsh abandoned his as a direct result of the other two beating him to the ounch and moved his work to MiSTer. That means it could be used in even more competing products in an increasingly crowded market. Duenan seemed to suggest that he was still interested in an ODE that replaces just the drive part but I haven't heard anything about that since.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CZroe said:

Last time I had eBay Bucks expiring I grabbed a loose Daimakamura for SuperGrafx for $80. I wanted to have at least one cased SGX game so next I turned my eye on the cheapest one, Battle Ace.

The cheapest cased Battle Ace around when I started looking was ~$20 but someone with a loose copy also had a cheap System Card 1.0 I needed for Altered Beast so I added both to my watch list. As I watched the seller kept cutting the price on both and my eBay Bucks weren't available yet anyway so I just kept waiting. Unfortunately, the System Card sold and the seller updated everything to $20 DHL shipping when Japan Post supposedly stopped shipping to the USA. All his items we only $2-$3 to ship before. atariage_icon_sad.gif Guess I'm no longer interested in his loose Battle Ace even though it dropped all the way to $5.59.

Well, now eBay is running a promo that expires today to earn extra 5% Bucks and my eBay Bucks earned in February are now available to spend. This prompted me to see if I could still get Battle Ace for $20 or less. In the process I found this under-priced bundle of loose SuperGrafx games...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372977800857

7989cd074b05b9bf8dc6306dea0c5477.jpg

Somethin' ain't right. I've literally seen loose copies of Daimakamura sell for twice that price, and here this one is bundled with another SGX game.

Though I was looking for a cased copy of Battle Ace, I can't ignore that deal. Looks like I'm spending my eBay Bucks on SGX Daimakamura twice in a row! Obviously, I don't need two copies so I'll whip up a replica case for it the same time I do mine and find someone interested. You know: Add value instead of just being an opportunistic reseller. atariage_icon_smile.gif

I'm tempted to wait until we get more details about the Analogue Pocket since I'm still hoping for surprise PCE/SGX support... if not from Analogue then from the community. Of course, community support is one thing and official support from Analogue with a PCE adapter is another entirely, so I'm probably pie-in-the-sky dreaming at this point. atariage_icon_sad.gif

Anyway, I also picked up a second copy of CD-ROM² Altered Beast since this looks like the variant that works on System Card 2 and up. It's more expensive than getting a System Card 1.0 but I thought it would be cool to demonstrate the difference. atariage_icon_smile.gif

f079024eb2b32f27057d5ec10ae7a760.jpg

I'm told that the large dot to the right of the text on the disc is probably what indicates this is the revised version.

Surprisingly, both sellers I shopped with today were already in the USA. Typically the best deals require waiting for International shipping from Japan. Pleasant surprise!

Definitely, but they went radio-silent for a while when two other ODE projects were released (UGX-02 and SSDS³) and two more were in the works (Duenan and ElectronAsh). ElectronAsh abandoned his as a direct result of the other two beating him to the ounch and moved his work to MiSTer. That means it could be used in even more competing products in an increasingly crowded market. Duenan seemed to suggest that he was still interested in an ODE that replaces just the drive part but I haven't heard anything about that since.      

That Daimakaimura is extremely suspicious. No way in hell are you going to find even just the game itself for that price, and Battle Ace is so unwanted that it's only 2000 yen CIB in good shape. The only CIB PC Engine games that I've seen cheaper CIB are Appare! Gateball for 700 and the unopened Bomberman Panic Bombers over in Super Potato for about 900 yen each. I guess nobody likes Panic Bomber, so it's no surprise that they would have factory sealed copies 30 years later for less than $10 each.

Of the SuperGrafx games, pretty much every game store here has Battle Ace CIB. There is one Madou King Granzort in Akiba that I know of and I think a few copies of Daimakaimura. There is exactly 1 copy of 1941 Counter Attack and no copies of Aldynes, which is getting expensive. I think the last one I saw, which was about 6 or 7 months ago, was like 30000 yen or something. Still nothing compared to 1941 Counter Attack or Magical Chase (which is generally cheaper and easier to find than 1941 Counter Attack here), but still expensive enough to make me run away from it in fear, especially since I didn't get a great impression from the first level. 1941 Counter Attack is the best SuperGrafx game by far, I think.

Now that I think about it, I have never seen a SuperGrafx game that wasn't CIB here except for a very vague memory of a loose Battle Ace that might have even been online. Lots of card only games on Amazon Japan and Ebay, though.

• Like 1

That Daimakaimura is extremely suspicious. No way in hell are you going to find even just the game itself for that price, and Battle Ace is so unwanted that it's only 2000 yen CIB in good shape. The only CIB PC Engine games that I've seen cheaper CIB are Appare! Gateball for 700 and the unopened Bomberman Panic Bombers over in Super Potato for about 900 yen each. I guess nobody likes Panic Bomber, so it's no surprise that they would have factory sealed copies 30 years later for less than $10 each.

Of the SuperGrafx games, pretty much every game store here has Battle Ace CIB. There is one Madou King Granzort in Akiba that I know of and I think a few copies of Daimakaimura. There is exactly 1 copy of 1941 Counter Attack and no copies of Aldynes, which is getting expensive. I think the last one I saw, which was about 6 or 7 months ago, was like 30000 yen or something. Still nothing compared to 1941 Counter Attack or Magical Chase (which is generally cheaper and easier to find than 1941 Counter Attack here), but still expensive enough to make me run away from it in fear, especially since I didn't get a great impression from the first level. 1941 Counter Attack is the best SuperGrafx game by far, I think.

Now that I think about it, I have never seen a SuperGrafx game that wasn't CIB here except for a very vague memory of a loose Battle Ace that might have even been online. Lots of card only games on Amazon Japan and Ebay, though.
The seller has a long eBay history (1998) with a hundred other items across a broad range of categories but this was the only game-related item... no other game items even in his searchable history of completed listings. That really means he's not a game vendor and doesn't know what it's worth, so I'm not worried about legitimacy in the slightest. Who would bootleg Battle Ace? ...and if the seller were a software bootlegger there would be some history of past game sales. :)

Yeah, this is how I knew Battle Ace wasn't desirable:
a182711c62e3140d276e7adf3876acdc.jpg

Been watching it drop for weeks. ;) Shipping was previously under $3 too. Could've had the whole thing for under $9 if I'd acted sooner (virus forced him to switch to $20 DHL).

9 minutes ago, CZroe said:

The seller has a long eBay history (1998) with a hundred other items across a broad range of categories but this was the only game-related item... no other game items even in his searchable history of completed listings. That really means he's not a game vendor and doesn't know what it's worth, so I'm not worried about legitimacy in the slightest. Who would bootleg Battle Ace? ...and if the seller were a software bootlegger there would be some history of past game sales. :)

Yeah, this is how I knew Battle Ace wasn't desirable:
a182711c62e3140d276e7adf3876acdc.jpg

Been watching it drop for weeks. ;) Shipping was previously under $3 too. Could've had the whole thing for under $9 if I'd acted sooner (virus forced him to switch to $20 DHL).

That works, then. Strange that a non-game vendor would have SuperGrafx games. I could see NES/SNES/Genesis, but PC Engine and more specifically SuperGrafx is somewhat obscure. Still, like you said, nobody cares enough about Battle Ace to even want to fake it. Daimakaimura is different, but if it's real, you got a good deal. Not as good as that guy who found Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire for 500 yen at Book Off (or maybe it was Hard Off, but I forgot) a year ago or so, but still very good.

This guy:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That works, then. Strange that a non-game vendor would have SuperGrafx games. I could see NES/SNES/Genesis, but PC Engine and more specifically SuperGrafx is somewhat obscure. Still, like you said, nobody cares enough about Battle Ace to even want to fake it. Daimakaimura is different, but if it's real, you got a good deal. Not as good as that guy who found Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire for 500 yen at Book Off (or maybe it was Hard Off, but I forgot) a year ago or so, but still very good.

Oh, man... I'd love to hear that story! How did a used media store that specializes in that stuff not know what they had?!

I've had a few major finds myself over the years but only a couple came close...

-Sealed brick of six Master Quest discs for $10ea (sold 15 years later for $1,300)

-Four ounces of synthetic heroin inside PAL NES Roller Games and NTSC NES Golf for $10 (turned over to the police)

It dips way off from there... like a prototype Xexyz from Blockbuster Video for $0.50 (sold around 15 years later for ~$300)

I've actually got video of the moment of truth for both the prototype and drug discoveries. atariage_icon_smile.gif

6 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Oh, man... I'd love to hear that story! How did a used media store that specializes in that stuff not know what they had?!

I've had a few major finds myself over the years but only a couple came close...

-Sealed brick of six Master Quest discs for $10ea (sold 15 years later for $1,300)

-Four ounces of synthetic heroin inside PAL NES Roller Games and NTSC NES Golf for $10 (turned over to the police)

It dips way off from there... like a prototype Xexyz from Blockbuster Video for $0.50 (sold around 15 years later for ~$300)

I've actually got video of the moment of truth for both the prototype and drug discoveries. atariage_icon_smile.gif

Yep, check out the edit. I'm not sure how the hell they priced it like that, but they did, and it looks 100% legit to me.  No pictures of the actual disc, so I can't verify, but the cover looks legit.

The best I have ever seen was an unopened copy of Japanese Mega Drive Valis 3 for 5000 yen over at Friends in Akiba. The nice old lady who runs the store said she got it from someone whose name I forgot, but I'm assuming that the dude whose name she mentioned was someone on the dev team or something. I didn't take it and it sold a few months later. I did buy a like new Japanese Sonic CD from her for 5000 yen, though, which is about half of what they want online for it now.

You know what else was a good deal, though? My SuperGrafx, now that I think about it. As rare as they are, to find one like that at that price in a video game store was quite something.

• Like 1

Yep, check out the edit. I'm not sure how the hell they priced it like that, but they did, and it looks 100% legit to me.  No pictures of the actual disc, so I can't verify, but the cover looks legit.

The best I have ever seen was an unopened copy of Japanese Mega Drive Valis 3 for 5000 yen over at Friends in Akiba. The nice old lady who runs the store said she got it from someone whose name I forgot, but I'm assuming that the dude whose name she mentioned was someone on the dev team or something. I didn't take it and it sold a few months later. I did buy a like new Japanese Sonic CD from her for 5000 yen, though, which is about half of what they want online for it now.
Well, my friend told me earlier today there's an American copy of Sonic CD at a place nearby called "2nd and Charles" that is marked "Sega CD Sonic CD (repro)." There was someone on NintendoAge who got a legit Little Samson or Dinosaur Peak or something like that for ~$44 and it was incorrectly marked "(repro)." It seems that their staff uses eBay for price research but doesn't know that "repro" is short for "unauthorized reproduction," which is actually a bootleg. They based their price on a fake! Sonic CD isn't super valuable like those games and I already own a copy but I can't help but wonder if that's what's happening with Sonic CD here. History does repeat itself!

Anyway, the eBay guy with Daimakamura and Battle Ace seems to be a junk vendor who could've got them from some odd junk lot. They routinely list things for less because they just want to get rid of it and they aren't involved enough to care about it too much.

She I got my white PCE with F1 Circus it was the cheapest PCE on eBay ($~40) *AND* it came with a game *AND* it was already in the USA *AND* it had free shipping. Sure enough, it was a similar junk vendor who didn't usually sell games. Like SuperGrafx games, PC Engines are not something you'd expect an American junk dealer to have. eBay is big enough that this stuff does happen. *shrug*

In the early 2000s before the SNES CIC lock-out chip had been openly reverse-engineered I recall common knowledge being that SNES/SFC pirates/bootlegs needed a salvaged CIC... but I found a bootleg Rockman 7 at a Goodwill thrift store (people donate used goods and Goodwill sells them for charity). It was a SFC-style shell with GameBit screws and everything but it had text in the back molded in (no sticker) and has slots to fit an American system. Voultar recently encountered one of these exact same bootleg Rockman 7 boards in a North American-style shell though he seemed to assume it was a more modern bootleg (it wasn't).

Still, it was weird enough to find SFC games at Goodwill and beyond weird to find a bootleg. I guess it was fated since I was probably the only person in the city with a Super Famicom anyway. :)

22 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Well, my friend told me earlier today there's an American copy of Sonic CD at a place nearby called "2nd and Charles" that is marked "Sega CD Sonic CD (repro)." There was someone on NintendoAge who got a legit Little Samson or Dinosaur Peak or something like that for ~$44 and it was incorrectly marked "(repro)." It seems that their staff uses eBay for price research but doesn't know that "repro" is short for "unauthorized reproduction," which is actually a bootleg. They based their price on a fake! Sonic CD isn't super valuable like those games and I already own a copy but I can't help but wonder if that's what's happening with Sonic CD here. History does repeat itself!

Anyway, the eBay guy with Daimakamura and Battle Ace seems to be a junk vendor who could've got them from some odd junk lot. They routinely list things for less because they just want to get rid of it and they aren't involved enough to care about it too much.

She I got my white PCE with F1 Circus it was the cheapest PCE on eBay ($~40) *AND* it came with a game *AND* it was already in the USA *AND* it had free shipping. Sure enough, it was a similar junk vendor who didn't usually sell games. Like SuperGrafx games, PC Engines are not something you'd expect an American junk dealer to have. eBay is big enough that this stuff does happen. *shrug*

In the early 2000s before the SNES CIC lock-out chip had been openly reverse-engineered I recall common knowledge being that SNES/SFC pirates/bootlegs needed a salvaged CIC... but I found a bootleg Rockman 7 at a Goodwill thrift store (people donate used goods and Goodwill sells them for charity). It was a SFC-style shell with GameBit screws and everything but it had text in the back molded in (no sticker) and has slots to fit an American system. Voultar recently encountered one of these exact same bootleg Rockman 7 boards in a North American-style shell though he seemed to assume it was a more modern bootleg (it wasn't).

Still, it was weird enough to find SFC games at Goodwill and beyond weird to find a bootleg. I guess it was fated since I was probably the only person in the city with a Super Famicom anyway. :)

You're almost kind of lucky to live in the US, in a way, because EVERYONE here knows what the PC Engine is so you can't really find stuff like that here in Tokyo.

I never told the story of my search for a PSU for the SuperGrafx in Akiba in the few minutes after I bought it. I went over to Yodobashi Akiba since it's the biggest electronics store in town to see if they had a generic PSU that I could use. I told the dude (in his 50s or so) that I was looking for a PSU and he asked me what for and I said SuperGrafx. I took it out of the bag to show him and he was like 「うわぁぁぁ~ 懐かしいなぁぁ~」as he held it and inspected it carefully. It's interesting to see that even some random dude in a modern electronics store knows about the SuperGrafx. I should have asked if he had one 30 years ago, but somehow I forgot. Really nice to see how happy he was when he was checking out my SuperGrafx, though.

So yeah, it's extremely difficult to find good deals here in Tokyo since pretty much everybody knows what everything is. I did get Golf Magazine Presents 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples for the Super 32X CIB for 900 yen or so this week, though, so it's still possible, although I don't think that's an especially great deal considering that it's Fred Couples golf on the 32X. I could have bought something else, but I bought a meme game instead. Oh well. Neo Geo AES in 3 days and maybe a PC Engine LT when I get my stimulus money!

• Like 2

You're almost kind of lucky to live in the US, in a way, because EVERYONE here knows what the PC Engine is so you can't really find stuff like that here in Tokyo.

I never told the story of my search for a PSU for the SuperGrafx in Akiba in the few minutes after I bought it. I went over to Yodobashi Akiba since it's the biggest electronics store in town to see if they had a generic PSU that I could use. I told the dude (in his 50s or so) that I was looking for a PSU and he asked me what for and I said SuperGrafx. I took it out of the bag to show him and he was like 「うわぁぁぁ~ 懐かしいなぁぁ~」as he held it and inspected it carefully. It's interesting to see that even some random dude in a modern electronics store knows about the SuperGrafx. I should have asked if he had one 30 years ago, but somehow I forgot. Really nice to see how happy he was when he was checking out my SuperGrafx, though.

So yeah, it's extremely difficult to find good deals here in Tokyo since pretty much everybody knows what everything is. I did get Golf Magazine Presents 36 Great Holes Starring Fred Couples for the Super 32X CIB for 900 yen or so this week, though, so it's still possible, although I don't think that's an especially great deal considering that it's Fred Couples golf on the 32X. I could have bought something else, but I bought a meme game instead. Oh well. Neo Geo AES in 3 days and maybe a PC Engine LT when I get my stimulus money!

LOL! Reminds me of this:

When I got my SuperGrafx my roommate at the time happened to be a huge PC Engine with a large software collection for his Duo RX (dwarfs mine). When he came home for the first time he stepped in the front door and saw me testing the SGX in the living room and fashioning a mono AV cable. Instead of going up to his room, he stepped up, reached out, touched it, and said "OK. I've finally touched a SuperGrafx." I offered to let him play but he declined saying that he just wanted to touch one. He went on up to his room.

The thing is, he has a Duo RX and I don't think I've ever really touched one... maybe momentarily held one wrapped in plastic in Akihabara but probably not (those are usually behind glass). Never felt compelled to touch it even though he had one in his room so I guess we're quite a bit different. atariage_icon_mrgreen.gif

The dude is also a big Darius fan with that huge Nintendo Switch bundle and everything. When I was experimenting with Darius Plus and Darius Alpha to see what was enhanced he recognized the music and came downstairs to check it out. I told him I wasn't good enough to get very far in Darius Alpha so he played it for me once just to see if he could get further. That's the only time he played SGX before moving out and it wasn't even am SGX game. atariage_icon_sad.gif

...no, I don't own Darius Alpha. We were using Turbo Everdrive and UperGrafx UGX-02. atariage_icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I forgot to link to that SNES/SFC bootleg stuff:

As you can see, there is a clone CIC even though the bootlegs are at least 15 years old.

24 minutes ago, CZroe said:

LOL! Reminds me of this:

When I got my SuperGrafx my roommate at the time happened to be a huge PC Engine with a large software collection for his Duo RX (dwarfs mine). When he came home for the first time he stepped in the front door and saw me testing the SGX in the living room and fashioning a mono AV cable. Instead of going up to his room, he stepped up, reached out, touched it, and said "OK. I've finally touched a SuperGrafx." I offered to let him play but he declined saying that he just wanted to touch one. He went on up to his room.

The thing is, he has a Duo RX and I don't think I've ever really touched one... maybe momentarily held one wrapped in plastic in Akihabara but probably not (those are usually behind glass). Never felt compelled to touch it even though he had one in his room so I guess we're quite a bit different. atariage_icon_mrgreen.gif

The dude is also a big Darius fan with that huge Nintendo Switch bundle and everything. When I was experimenting with Darius Plus and Darius Alpha to see what was enhanced he recognized the music and came downstairs to check it out. I told him I wasn't good enough to get very far in Darius Alpha so he played it for me once just to see if he could get further. That's the only time he played SGX before moving out and it wasn't even am SGX game. atariage_icon_sad.gif

...no, I don't own Darius Alpha. We were using Turbo Everdrive and UperGrafx UGX-02. atariage_icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I forgot to link to that SNES/SFC bootleg stuff:

As you can see, there is a clone CIC even though the bootlegs are at least 15 years old.

Yeah, I love the SuperGrafx~ It's so cool. They should have put that This is Cool thing from the Skeleton Saturn on the SuperGrafx. That way everyone knows how cool it is.

I REALLY wanted that huge Darius collection for the Switch, but I didn't know it existed until after it was already sold out. I found one at Trader in Akiba for 30000 yen, but that was way to much for it.

That's one huge blob of epoxy! Eeeeeew~! You've made me really curious now. I'm going to have to open up a SFC cart to see what's inside!

Well, I just opened up Super Mario Bros. 4 and it definitely doesn't look like that! Seeing the inside of a game cart for the first time in person reminds me of this for some reason:

• Like 1

Preorders are live for the clear PC Engine case from Retro Game Restore:

033799ac844ddbbd7ad91a88f80ef7f1.jpg

http://retrogamerestore.com/pce_case/

I smashed that PayPal button so fast his head was probably spinning! Hope a lot more people do... He says he needs a minimum order of 80 else he will just refund everyone.

Slmething to note: It won't have any logos or the gamepad graphic decal since he doesn't have the IP to replicate those.

He says it will be easy to get them printed yourself (gamepad decal, PC Engine logo, etc). We'll see. I have a fancy $1,300 photo printer that can print to thick media like posterboard but I don't know where to get photo-receptive... whatever-that-is for the gamepads. Plastic? Vinyl? Actually, I have printable vinyl but it's pretty thin since it's meant for traditional printers. No idea how to get thicker stuff with adhesive but I have the machines to cut it (SummaCut D60, Cricut Expression, Cricut Explore Air, etc).

37 minutes ago, CZroe said:

Preorders are live for the clear PC Engine case from Retro Game Restore:

033799ac844ddbbd7ad91a88f80ef7f1.jpg

http://retrogamerestore.com/pce_case/

I smashed that PayPal button so fast his head was probably spinning! Hope a lot more people do... He says he needs a minimum order of 80 else he will just refund everyone.

Slmething to note: It won't have any logos or the gamepad graphic decal since he doesn't have the IP to replicate those.

He says it will be easy to get them printed yourself (gamepad decal, PC Engine logo, etc). We'll see. I have a fancy $1,300 photo printer that can print to thick media like posterboard but I don't know where to get photo-receptive... whatever-that-is for the gamepads. Plastic? Vinyl? Actually, I have printable vinyl but it's pretty thin since it's meant for traditional printers. No idea how to get thicker stuff with adhesive but I have the machines to cut it (SummaCut D60, Cricut Expression, Cricut Explore Air, etc).

Yay, tasty~ I seem to have forgotten my Japanese Paypal password (I hate Paypal, by the way), so I'll figure it out tomorrow since it's an open preorder, it seems.

Totally not related, but what is this? I'm guessing that the answer is "nothing" because the SuperGrafx died before anything could really be done with it, just like the expansion on the Vita that got removed on the later model.

what is this.jpg

spelling

Yay, tasty~ I seem to have forgotten my Japanese Paypal password (I hate Paypal, by the way), so I'll figure it out tomorrow since it's an open preorder, it seems.

Totally not related, but what is this? I'm guessing that the answer is "nothing" because the SuperGrafx died before anything could really be done with it, just like the expansion on the Vita that got removed on the later model.

1155013270_whatisthis.thumb.jpg.f48f1a29019da3a38da12aa82bed16f5.jpg

http://www.chrismcovell.com/PowerConsole/

Though the page was an April Fool's joke and embellishes things quite a bit, a real Power Console attachment was in development and never released. It was a huge controller attachment that looked much like the Steel Battalion controller. No idea why the console needed to dock with it except to make it bigger and more attention-getting. :)

5 minutes ago, CZroe said:

http://www.chrismcovell.com/PowerConsole/

Though the page was an April Fool's joke and embellishes things quite a bit, a real Power Console attachment was in development and never released. It was a huge controller attachment that looked much like the Steel Battalion controller. No idea why the console needed to dock with it except to make it bigger and more attention-getting. :)

Yay, something that makes the SuperGrafx look EVEN MORE like WW2 German military machinery!

I see Steel Battalion controllers sometimes in town, by the way. I don't have anywhere to put one since they are always CIB and the box is huge, so I never buy them. I do want one, though.

Anybody have a photo of the Afterburner PC-E controller?? I only ever saw it in the picture of a HUGE PC-E lot that was "for sale" in Canada (?) on ebay. I say "for sale" because the the price was like 30k+. it looked to be a show off auction more than a real sale. But this dude had TONS of crazy PC-E stuff. My google fu is finding freaking zippo.

5 minutes ago, GoldenWheels said:

Anybody have a photo of the Afterburner PC-E controller?? I only ever saw it in the picture of a HUGE PC-E lot that was "for sale" in Canada (?) on ebay. I say "for sale" because the the price was like 30k+. it looked to be a show off auction more than a real sale. But this dude had TONS of crazy PC-E stuff. My google fu is finding freaking zippo.

I think you have to search for the actual model number. I saw it a few weeks ago. Let me see if I can find it again.