IGNORED

Is this controller card really worth $300+, the 3.5 superdrive controller..

Keatah

I'm not sure if I have them or not. I clearly recall someone saying they weren't worth anything. Probably trying to lowball me or something. They could be in my cache of duplicate stuff, in which case I'll pass a few off to my ebay butler for listing.

I do remember purchasing a couple at $30-40 each a long time ago.

I bought one new-shrinkwrapped-in-box a few years ago, and then committed collector heresy by opening it and plugging it into my IIgs. This controller + a SuperDrive + System 6.0.1 lets you read 720k and 1.44M MS-DOS format floppies right in the Finder, which is quite useful for interchange with modern machines (using e.g. a USB floppy drive).

I just use a serial (or network) transfer with a pi like single board computer, hate floppies!

I understand why they were made back in the day, why would one want to spend 300 bucks on just the controller card then rustle up an external drive or rig an internal drive yadda yadda yadda does not compute with me

Edited by Osgeld

I don't believe it's about pratical use.

Many collectors items have no pratical use, but it's rare and more than one person wants one equals

A) "more than it's worth" (the pratical reply)

or

B) "more than you can afford, so stop whining. If you can't afford it you can't have it" (the sarcasm reply)