IGNORED

Potential FRAUD - BE CAREFULL !

Dear atarians,

i`m writing to You to warn about potential fraud - men, wihotut honour and no respect for other man.

I will not use his name and surname, but will give to public konwledge his mail, what is legal : email@nielsworld.de

to make all my complains a short story, please judge by historical order:

17.03 - email@nielsworld.de ordered ultrasatan internal version with adapater for mega st at my shop

20.03 - items were posted

24.03 - i got mail form email@nielsworld.de wrong adapter was sent - MY MISTAKE - I resent immedietally MEGA ST adapter as MEGAS STE was sent at first time

03.04 - first mail from customer : ( EASTER TIME - i simpley didn`t reply )

The adapter has arrived and it works, but I still have problems:
If I Turn Off the ST and turn on again immediately I get a blank desktop and ultra Satan does not boot.
If my MegaFile is off, does not boot Ultra Satan and the floppy.

06.04.2014 - email@nielsworld.de opened PAYPAL dispute and escalated it within few moments; my account sources have been blocked.

07.04.2014 - Easter over, i`m back to work, i reply to customer. email@nielsworld.de is still saying that device doesn`t work with MEGA44, but with icd and as self alone works OK. i contacted Uwe Seimet and Jookie, in order to help and both guys confirmed this issue is common. sometimes it work, sometimes not..

so, being customer friendly i proposed full refund, after device sent back to me...

and this moment comedy starts:

• email@nielsworld.de wants money back - refund before postage back
  • I said this is not possible and now i cannot refund him, as i do not have his money - blocked by PAYPAL
  • email@nielsworld.de send the parcel back and uses HERMES german serivice
  • parcel arrives today - EMPTY ! No usatan device inside, ONLY MEGA STE adapter, sent by mistake at initial postage

So, I have received today parcel of weight 0,05 kg. I have contacted HERMES and DPD (polish representative of HERMES) - they have confirmed that parcel was sent of weight 0,05 kg.

I made experiment - parcel with ustatan and adpater shall weigjt 0,135 - 0,150 kg.

CONCLUSION :

• i have lost trust to people
  • i have lost money
  • i have lost so much time of my life because of stress

This is the warning, from email@nielsworld.de !

be carefull - he is now selling some stuff - atari related, also he runs computer service in Germany...

IMG_3138.JPG

I feel for you I really do. That type of hype was why I stopped selling on ebay 2 years ago.

I had the classic "package never arrived" and after 50% of packages going missing, everything went signed for, where magically no package ever got lost again. During all that time I had several packages arrive at my house each week of stuff I had ordered and I think only once had a package go missing.

Then it just got onto disputes, buyers making up all kinds of pure fiction, ebay refunded them, I lost product and money. All I got was endless hours of disputes where it was pointless fighting them. Even when you can prove 100% I was in the right ebay still refunded. My last year on ebay I made £12,000 where my store was only increasing in sales. Though I wasn't prepared to fight 24/7 battles of rude nasty people who just wanted to get something for nothing. It was all stressing me out bigtime. After my ebay account got suspended for "not being good enough" I closed my store and never sold there again.

Here is my take on "buyers"

http://whyebaysucks.info/ebay-mission-impossible-a-must-read-ebay-user-horror-story/

That was just the tip of it all really. A lot of people have nothing better to do than complain and send 50 emails of abuse.

My day job I work I work in the public sector, meeting people day to day. 99% of people I do work for are perfectly fine, really nice people. Then get online, sell something, and 99% of buyers are total pricks.

This is why I only mostly deal with Atari stuff these days. Better class of customer.. Though as you found, even the odd one is still about.

Some years ago things went bad even with Atari people. Just posting on the forums ended up with constant abuse. Its why I left, sold all my Atari stuff pretty much and vanished for some years. That is why my site got called "The LaST Upgrade" as it was the last set of things I did. Though I returned semi-recently and started working on various kits again. I will continue to do so, until such times as its more trouble than its worth.

Unfortunately the bad ones stick with you for a long time :( Though think of all the happy Atari people that are about thanks to the stuff you sell in your store :)

Edited by exxosuk

Sorry to hear about this. I bought an UltraSatan from you a couple of years ago and I've been very happy with it. You have a real knack for making complex devices accessible to the average Joe.

I've never been ripped off as a seller on eBay but I've had a few bad experiences as a buyer. I decided long ago that eBay (and the online community in general) is too full of great things and great people to waste time and energy on the scumbags. The scumbags get found out in the end and they miss out on more than they can ever know.

That sucks. eBay and PayPal now both seem to be siding with the buyer in these cases. I have had a couple of problems with eBay sellers sending garbage products and both times eBay has taken my side. I only sell (often fairly valuable) bits and pieces on eBay and I'm always worried about this type of scam as there is little that can be done about it.

This is a fairly small community, I hope his name gets out and word gets around not to associate with him. Scamming and wasting the time of someone who has made so many awesome products for us all will make him a lot of enemies.

I once paid a guy 80USD for an NIB Bruce Lee. It didn't come. Then the guy said he didn't post it. Then he said he did but was notified customs had it. Then he begged me not to open up a case because they would shut his seller account down and his family needed the money. So I waited, EBay sent emails warning that the "date of no return" was about to pass for opening a case. I told him I was going to open a case but he begged me.

Of course you know what happened. The expiration date for opening a case passed and I never heard from the guy again. I've had almost entirely good experiences as a buyer on eBay. But I definitely learned my lesson about opening a case. Trust no one. Open that case.

• Like 4

I once paid a guy 80USD for an NIB Bruce Lee. It didn't come. Then the guy said he didn't post it. Then he said he did but was notified customs had it. Then he begged me not to open up a case because they would shut his seller account down and his family needed the money. So I waited, EBay sent emails warning that the "date of no return" was about to pass for opening a case. I told him I was going to open a case but he begged me.

Of course you know what happened. The expiration date for opening a case passed and I never heard from the guy again. I've had almost entirely good experiences as a buyer on eBay. But I definitely learned my lesson about opening a case. Trust no one. Open that case.

I've spent years buying vintage 80s/90s toys, games and other collectibles, and this couldn't be more true. Personally, I've never opened or had to open a case that wasn't a simple refund request, usually after talking to the seller first. But I've heard horror stories about both buyers and sellers, and you have to look out for you because no one else will. I am sometimes astonished by the number of sellers having trouble fulfilling orders because of their extended hospital stays.

personally, i don't think you should have any issue with naming him here...and everywhere

all you have to do is state the difficulty you have experienced - as long as you don't accuse him of theft - you can name him and explain your whole experience.

i'd even go so far as to name him on every online community he may be present on....if he's a scumbag then "name n shame" helps others, if he isn't a scumbag he'll come through and sort things. job done

Though think of all the happy Atari people that are about thanks to the stuff you sell in your store :)

This, right here.

Lotharek - your friendly fantastic service, range of products and availability and professionalism have made many, many Atari people happy. Even some crazy TI people now I see! :D

I sold some stuff on ebay last year, and one buyer ripped me off. Shipped the item the next day via USPS, however the package managed to end up going in circles, enough that it reached the entry limit of the USPS tracking system, so it appeared online as undelivered. Anyway the buyer noticed how it appeared undelivered and instantly filed a dispute and I was forced to refund the money, yet the post office here made some phone calls and was quite certain he received it, but late. The sad thing was it was within my own state, it only had to travel a few towns away. What's the odds? He gave me a glowing ebay review, but then he got a free item. :P

Never got ripped off as a seller myself, fell victim to seller fraud (hijacked account, no PP) once and to poor packaging another time. The guy with the poor packaging had sent me a wall clock across the atlantic which was basically wrapped in a sheet of newspaper and was broken on arrival. I contacted him via Ebay to settle the matter and he took ages to reply. I missed the date to file a case with paypal and since then I file a case rather quickly whenever something is wrong (which has happened only once).

Sorry for you, Lotharek. I have not ordered from you yet but hear only the best and never had any bad experience when buying via AtariAge, be it Marketplace or new gadgets.

Sorry to hear this, the guy deserves to be publicly named and shamed. It's life unfortunately, there are a lot of ****s out there, but it's rare to come across them. Make a note of his name and don't sell him any more products. When your next kick ass product hits the market he will regret it. I also think that sellers should share 'black lists' on known ****s (like this thread, I wouldn't trade with him now).

Dear All,

thnak You all for moral support - sometimes such a feedback is needed from community,, Once again - Thnak You. really do

For all buyers and atari users !

N... T....
Fichtestraße 19
63303 Dreieich
Niemcy

FB profile : https://www.facebook.com/niels.trettin?fref=ts&pnref=story

• Like 1

Sorry for what happened to you. He lives near where I am from and I actually had similar experiences with him about 10 years ago when he was more active in the ATARI scene. He kept selling broken ATARI bits through ebay (and not telling that they were broken) and threatened people who complained about it. Met him personally once and think that he is a mean and dangerous person. Almost forgot about this asshole....

btw. he uses/d(?) the nick AtariGroup in some forums and you can find several cases of similar complaints about him

Edited by Joebar