I am member of all the Yahoo TI groups, SWPB, Geneve and the two TI99 ones.

Got them all sending weekly digests to my Yahoo email.

But I rarely visit them, or come across old threads if I doing searching for past subject matter.

The only value of see of them is for archival research info, there is some good posts made from people back in the day, info that can't be found here quickly.

Hopefully if there is ever a day comes when Yahoo decides to pull the plug and delete all those groups (and I am sure that will happen), that someone has a way to save and store all the threads, files for archive.

We lost too much stuff over the last decade already with popular sites just suddenly disappearing without any backup plan.

• Like 2

I was/am a member of one yahoo group for about a year before joining the fun here at atariage. I am trying not to post this as a slam, but I have done 10X more for my TI once I started lurking and finally joined in the discussion here. Pretty much the only thing I ever see up on the yahoo group is a call for Jim Peterson votes. Kind of sad, but also kind of good to have everyone centralized. I think (as many have said already), that the yahoo groups forum interface is very antiquated. Is that ironic to post on forum regarding 30 year old computer technology? ... either way I don't think it hurts anything to be a member of all.

According to an email yesterday: The yahoo group sites are now down, but members have till the end of January to request their content be emailed to them.

-Ed