IGNORED

Contest?

davidcalgary29

This potential contest may have two separate categories: "classic conversion" and "original game".

If the "classic conversion" category is actually included, which game (from the following list) would people want to see ported to the Lynx? (with names and graphics changed to avoid copyright, of course)

1. Gyruss

2. Tempest

3. Pitfall

4. Q-Bert

5. I, Robot

6. Galaga

7. Trailblazer

Well I won't enter the contest, if there is one, for two reasons:

1.I don't know how to make games for the Lynx.

2.If I did know to make Lynx games, and made an original game, I would first try to find a way to make and sell copies of the game and make more than $250, before I enter any contest.

Good contest idea anyway. :)

well..I am not a programmer,

But I know that I would love to see a version of Galaga on the Lynx...but then a portable Tempest would rock.

And then, I think perhaps I-Robot should be done simply because it was never ported to anything ever...

That helped...hehe :D

well..I am not a programmer,

But I know that I would love to see a version of Galaga on the Lynx...but then a portable Tempest would rock.  

And then, I think perhaps I-Robot should be done simply because it was never ported to anything ever...

That helped...hehe   :D

Any participants who want to port Galaga could take a look at Galaxian emedded in Lexis for a few hints.

I'd personally love to see I, Robot ported to the Lynx (as "Robot Eye"?), but fear that it might be too complex for a three- or four- month contest.

Sorry for the worst english

The problem for tempest (this one for example) is that the copyrights are avalaible for still a moment...

That's why, this contest can only have for subject softwares that have been really abandonned by their authors...

Sorry for the worst english

The problem for tempest (this one for example) is that the copyrights are avalaible for still a moment...

That's why, this contest can only have for subject softwares that have been really abandonned by their authors...

If the contest does have a classic game component (which looks rather doubtful right now), any classic port would of course have a different name, graphics, etc.; gameplay would, however, hopefully remain the same.

All the same, I'd love to see a port of a good "Tempest" clone on the Lynx.

Hi,

I have so far participated in ALPE 2000 and Minigame 1k contests with Lynx entries. The reason I liked these contests was that there was an extra challange like "squeeze a game into 16k or 32k" in ALPE. And into 1k in the Minigame contest.

It is not very interesting to just make a port of some large game with tons of features. I might be interested in creating a Worms-like game where the bombs could tear apart the foreground while the background remains.

Or it could be nice to do some ports of the best minigames in the Minigame-contest to the Lynx.

But instead of a cash-prize it would be cool to run a small production run where all the working competition entries would be collected on a single cart. Like S.I.M.I.S.

After the votes we could assemble a menu with the final scores on the cart. Perhaps the N best authors would receive a cart for free and if someone else would be interested to buy a copy they could sign up withing a week after the competition.

In this way we could contribute by a rare "Official Year 2003-minigames" collectors cart!

--

Regards,

Karri Kaksonen

Well...

I admit that the word minigame sounds like two dots racing.

But check out:

http://www.ffd2.com/minigame/

It is incredible how much can be done in 1k only. Still I don't want to do a 1k competition for the Lynx as the C runtime alone is about 1.5k.

Besides... My kids seem to enjoy two dots racing on their Nokia mobile phones on a daily basis.

--

Karri

I still remember after pong and before 2600 you had console that took cartridges and you had one with several 'racing' games.

That was a lot of fun. Can't remember the console but it had cartridges and blocky game graphics similar to pong but with colors.

Indy500 for 2600 was fun I thought even though it's pretty simple to program.

Hi Harry!

I'm currently working on a conversion of Dynamate to the Lynx  (It'll probably take 3 days of work total for a rough version).  If this contest actually happens, I'll submit it there, otherwise it will be included as an extra in Space Battles.

Seems to be the third clone of bomberman/dynabusters/dynablasters...

Perhaps one that gets finished.

Tschau,

Sage

would love to see someone do a port of the namco arcade tank game

"assault" that atari games released in the u.s.was always wanting this

to come on the lynx like the the other atari games ones we got.too bad

this never happened for us lynxers.it would've been a good game,i think.

stun runner and others turned out pretty well.was really looking forward

to the stillborn title "rolling thunder" too.a "major havoc" game would've

been nice as well.

harry,it will be nice to see "space battles" when you have it ready for

release.a bonus game has its merits too.i'd also like to see you finish

"demolition derby/dirt track racing" for release.what's the chances of this

happening in the future??another "battlewheels"--type game would be a

great addition to the lynx library!! i love battlewheels!--chris

Hi Harry!

I'm currently working on a conversion of Dynamate to the Lynx  (It'll probably take 3 days of work total for a rough version).  If this contest actually happens, I'll submit it there, otherwise it will be included as an extra in Space Battles.

Seems to be the third clone of bomberman/dynabusters/dynablasters...

Perhaps one that gets finished.

Tschau,

Sage

Actually, Dynamate is nothing like Bomberman. It's a puzzle game where you move things around and try to get rid of the bright colored ones.