IGNORED

Project Sidologie: C64 SID remix CD with Atari’s Jet Set Willy remix

rdemming

Even as hardcore and lifetime Atari user, I’m also a fan of SID music like the tunes from Rob Hubbard, Maniacs of Noise, Matt Gray etc. even though I rarely played games on the C64.

The popularity of SID music have sprawled many remixes with modern instruments (see remix.kwed.org). And even a couple of studio albums like the “Back in Time” series, “Press Play on Tape” and “Sidologie” (see www.c64audio.com). And I have them all :-p

Currently Marcel Donné is working on a sequel to his “Sidologie” CD and has started a KickStarter project to fund it. It will contain 3 to 6 CDs (depending on the amount raised) with SID remixes coated with a Jean-Michel Jarre (and Vangelis) sauce. As both a SID remix and Jarre fan I of course backed the KickStarter in an instant.

One of the Sidologie CDs will contain remixes from Rob Hubbard. As you probably know Rob Hubbard did only do the music for 4 games on the Atari 8-bit. Three of them are conversions of the C64 version (International Karate, War Hawk and Extirpator). But one of them was an Atari 8-bit exclusive namely “Jet Set Willy” which I consider one of the best Pokey tunes of that era. There was never a C64 version of Rob’s JSW tune on the C64.

Because there never was a C64 version I pitched the idea to include an Atari Jet Set Willy remix on the Sidologie CD. And to my surprise and amazement Marcel Donné liked the idea of doing a JSW remix. So Rob Hubbard's Atari "Jet Set Willy" tune is now officially on the track list of the Sidologie CD dedicated to Rob Hubbard.

post-119-0-37646900-1429899061_thumb.jpg

Since a unique Atari Pokey remix is part of the Sidologie CD, I’m sure there might be more Atari fans that are interested in the Sidology KickStarter project. Thus if you want to support Marcel Donné for his daring choice to do an Atari Pokey remix for a largely C64 fan base, go to the Sidologie KickStarter page and pledge some money :)

Robert

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for spamming but this kickstater is now in its final hours. It is now a 5 CD + 1 DVD set and is only 700 GBP away from a 6 CD + 1 DVD set. It also contans a CD in Vangelis style and will also feature tracks by guests like Matt Gray (Last Ninja fame), Alister Brimble (Amiga Alien Breed fame), Will Morton (Grand Theft Auto fame). So even if you are not into SID music but are a fan of Jarre and Vangelis, this KickStarter might be something for you too.

Robert

[edit]

The Sidology KickStarter is over but since it was funded, the CD box can now be pre-ordered from www.sidologie.com.
Items bought there still count for the stretch goals so the Sanxion (The Extirpator music on the Atari XL) stretch goal track can still be funded. The music from Panther (David Whittaker) is already part of the box.

[/edit]

Edited by rdemming
  • Like 2